Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Speed Hacks and maybe more

Andf
03.21.2012 , 02:22 PM | #1
Good Evening,
I've reported one player because of a speed hack cheating. He play my same class and there is no way he can keep moving as under a constant Force Speed spell.
I was quite annoyed about discovering that hacks for SWToR exist and so I started asking around, discovering that players have been reported for using fire immunity cheats as well.
I write this post hoping that GMs and Bioware as a whole will start to seriously investigate about in-game cheats, I won't even considering playing a game where other guys win using any sort of illegal help.

Thanks.

lambandmartyre
03.21.2012 , 02:26 PM | #2
What makes you think they aren't? In a game with this many players investigating those that use hacks can be very time consuming, time better spent in improving the code to prevent the hacks. But seriously its the internet no code is hack proof, just hack resistant.
Wife ask "Do I look fat in this dress?"

AspectX
03.21.2012 , 03:42 PM | #3
I dunno about on other servers, but speed hacks are just ruining PvP on Jung Ma... So many ppl are using them now that people who dont dont really stand a chance... And this isnt a 'new' issue... But like most of the 'big' issues in SWTOR, BW is either turning a deaf ear on it, or taking so long to even address the issue that its costing them subscribers at an alarming rate, but they have to know this, and are still doing nothing about it... Hacks (espeically for pvp in SWTOR) have been a constant issue since almost launch, and to the best of my knowledge, Bioware has done literally NOTHING to address it.. They claimed in a patch note awhile back they had fixed the issue with 10 ppl getting into a Warzone, but we still see 10 ppl on a side in warzones all the time, and large portion of people are using speed hacks, so whats the point to even bother with pvp in swtor... Its a farce...

Andf
03.21.2012 , 03:47 PM | #4
I understand your point but CS hshould give me an answer telling that they are inevestigating, not you. Avoid hacks is at the top of my priority, of course I accept that you have a different point of view.

MMornard
03.21.2012 , 04:22 PM | #5
What percentage of the player base does PvP? Because hacks are of no consequence to those of us who don't. If somebody else does PvE faster than me, it makes no difference to me.

Andf
03.22.2012 , 12:20 PM | #6
I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. I do only PvP and I pay the same amount as you who do PE content, so I expect to receive the level of service. Until I read something different from BW, I suppose their goal is to have an efficient and hack free PvP content.

Lergash
03.22.2012 , 12:35 PM | #7
The forum has a seach function.

Quote: Originally Posted by Kindajenin View Post
Greetings VoidJustice,

I would ask you to provide the following information if you can when reporting a player who is exploiting our game,
  • Character exploiting / Server:
  • Area of Exploit:
  • Exact Location within exploited area:
  • Detailed description of the actual exploit:
  • When did the Exploit occur?
This is an issue we take very seriously and thank our players for helping us to catch any violators.

This is not a quick process and is something we need time to investigate.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...LOITS+CHEATING
IA* I wouldn't venture out there fellas. This sniper's got talent.

HeetCrusher
03.05.2013 , 09:01 PM | #8
They are not going ban anyone for hacking or botting. Its all about money not quality. Is there a RMT started yet ?
Where you can buy credits and items yet ?

tootoofun
03.05.2013 , 10:26 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Lergash View Post
problem with reporting the players who do it and the location is
1. by the time you report it you get bounced from the wasrzone and loose all xp / valor.
2. it's typically a group of players using it...normally premades...so asking for both these items is just impossible.

lag hack / macros are rampant as well.
"Reality or rather, a certain nasty aspect of it spits on your shoes and flips you off and lumbers away like a fat bully after stomping all over your cool sand castle at the beach."

Stoofa
03.06.2013 , 04:00 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by HeetCrusher View Post
They are not going ban anyone for hacking or botting. Its all about money not quality. Is there a RMT started yet ?
Where you can buy credits and items yet ?
Get back under your bridge.