Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still have little/no desire to play a non force class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Still have little/no desire to play a non force class

Stenrik
04.02.2012 , 04:09 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Nessirin View Post
LS sith warrior is fuuuuuuuuuun. Do you like making jedi facepalm? Turn on their bretheren with just your words? Light side SW is for you!

Preeeeeetty sure this is sarcastic, but--
I would like to make jedi facepalm, and turn on them with my words, though, so...

Veriu
04.02.2012 , 06:15 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Stenrik View Post
Preeeeeetty sure this is sarcastic, but--
I would like to make jedi facepalm, and turn on them with my words, though, so...
I'd assume he meant you force persuade them to attack their jedi/trooper friends/allies. Which is something that I've noticed occurs in every force user story I've played (Inquis, Jedi Knight, & Consular).

OT: While BH might be more "canon", it's story is really not star warsy at all, imo. I went LS with mine, and the story felt more like dawg the bounty hunter than part of star wars. The agent's story at least talks about the force, republic vs empire, etc....Other than a few passing comments, and the names of certain characters/places/things, the Bounty Hunter story could take place in any Sci-fi universe.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Ivy league educated research scientist working on solar cell development. So yeah, I have no need to feel "accomplished" in a videogame.
Quote: Originally Posted by Omega View Post
Call me when you've got 2 written recommendations from Nobel laureates and have attended annual private functions at the White House.

DLSilence
04.04.2012 , 07:48 PM | #23
The bounty hunter and smuggler are the outside influence. Mercenaries, free roamers, call them what you will. Their story only has one center objective, and that's taken care of number one.. unlike other classes who have all of these superiors to report to and take orders.. these two classes do things if they feel like it.

Womacker
04.04.2012 , 07:52 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
If there aint a lightsaber on my belt, it just loses alot of appeal to me. I already know I have no desire to play Trooper. I tend to favor the Sith/Empire/Dark Side, so being a grunt in the Republic Army is just.....yea. So that's why if I'm gonna play a non force class, it'll probably be IA. Plus the IA story keeps getting rave reviews round here.

Fine.... more Sith-killing, Laser firing, Imperial company decimating, Battledroid transformer fun for me!

DeutschGamer
04.04.2012 , 09:14 PM | #25
LS Sith Warrior is..ok. It doesn't really fit, you aren't being a Jedi in disguise as some people may like to think. You are basically a very fair Sith with differing ideals to the 99% other dark siders, sparing lives and being civil with your enemies. You are still a loyal Empire follower, you just act in a nicer manner.

I haven't tried a dark side Jedi before, but I think it would actually be more fun than an LS sith if you are trying to really feel the part of a fallen Jedi.

FluxWing
04.05.2012 , 12:44 PM | #26
My personal guess is that the IA is based on Atton's profession from Kotor2.

Not the scoundrel class, but what is mentioned in his backstory. Specially trained elite squad working behind the scenes, having Jedi-hunting as one of their specialities.

I have created one of every base class except Trooper and Scoundrels.

Trooper just feels like an NPC class. I have both a merc and a powertech BH, feels like an individual with a story. But Troopers already on the character creation screen, feels like a clone.

And yet Scoundrels are based on Han Solo. I mean he is a great character, but not because of his profession. Looks like a civilian who found a blaster in the garage, running around fighting force sensitive warriors and trained military forces just doesn't work conceptually for me.
"I'm a Hutt in human form planning to overthrow the Republic." - Revan, KOTOR

Darth_Solrac
04.05.2012 , 01:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by DeutschGamer View Post
LS Sith Warrior is..ok. It doesn't really fit, you aren't being a Jedi in disguise as some people may like to think. You are basically a very fair Sith with differing ideals to the 99% other dark siders, sparing lives and being civil with your enemies. You are still a loyal Empire follower, you just act in a nicer manner.

I haven't tried a dark side Jedi before, but I think it would actually be more fun than an LS sith if you are trying to really feel the part of a fallen Jedi.
Yuupp. Like I said, I wanna Anakin feel to my DS JK. Especially the growing distrust & dislike of the Jedi Council.
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

darthcaedous
04.05.2012 , 09:39 PM | #28
The original three movies evolved around non force fighting other than luke there were han, chewey, wedge, various rebels and troopers, jawas lol, bobba. alll were important and not many lightsabers were used. not bashing you but just saying. my two mains are ds smuggler and ds IA.

LeeC
04.06.2012 , 12:36 AM | #29
the trooper feels flat unless your going for a captain america like story. The imperial agent is fun and really shows the life of the empire and you have a james bond/triple X type character. Smugglers are a blast. I feel like a space pirate. Bounty Hunters feel like space cowboys out to hunt the most wanted people in the galaxy for a profit.

those don't seem appealing?

Battilea
04.06.2012 , 01:10 AM | #30
Well, Han was the coolest character in the original three movies. And playing the unquestioning, loyal Lt type has always been something I enjoy. So, nope, overall, I prefer the non-force users over the force users.

Besides, there's something very satisfying about sticking a knife into a glowstick user's back.