Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Still have little/no desire to play a non force class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Still have little/no desire to play a non force class

Lumenadducere
03.21.2012 , 05:34 PM | #11
I actually think the non-Force classes are more interesting than the Force ones. Their stories are more individualistic and have character and heart to them, whereas the Jedi/Sith stories are more run-of-the-mill, typical heroic story. Which is fine if that's what you're looking for, but we rarely see any stories of "normal" people in Star Wars, so it's extremely refreshing for me to get that for one.

Tamanous
03.21.2012 , 08:30 PM | #12
I'm the opposite. I try and try but have one hell of a time finding ways to make any force user fun.

Xienive
03.21.2012 , 08:54 PM | #13
I was in the same predicament until I rolled a Trooper. To me, being a Trooper is just cool. I think they have some of the best looking armor sets in the game, and being an elite Republic military force just felt really Star Wars like to me. I rolled Commando but wasn't feeling it much, but since I love the vibe I get from playing a Trooper I am rolling a Vanguard and I think it will suit me perfectly.

Really though, the only force class I could ever really commit to was my Jedi Shadow. Sage was cool, but it felt too repetitive since I already had a Shadow with the story and animations and wardrobe and all. Then with Sorc, I got tired of every single attack I use just being purple lightning in a different form, not to mention the whole FOTM it had going for it made it even cheesier.

I want to play a Jedi Knight for the sole purpose of everybody stating how it is KOTOR III and the classis Star Wars story and feel, but I have never been able to stick to a Warrior or a Knight. BH was my first choice when I bought the game, but when I saw their armor I was turned off to it because it looked like a random sci-fi soldier instead of a BH. I realize what time period we are in and I hate to break that kind of stuff, but in this one exception I would kill for some Fett style Mandalorian armor, even if it was just the helmet.
No disintegrations!
As you wish...

Caelrie
03.21.2012 , 10:02 PM | #14
The operative is like playing Mass Effect: Star Wars Edition.

TheIdler
03.22.2012 , 01:41 AM | #15
First I think you should abandon the idea that you need the game to feel like star wars (at least all the time) in order to enjoy it.

I highly recommend rolling an agent, I made a sniper and it's by far the most fun I've had in the game. I see someone mentioned operative is better for the rp aspect of the story but I disagree with that. It feels very agent-like ducking behind cover and sniping people out before they even know I'm there. Just don't expect the story to feel like classic star wars, expect it to feel like, as many have said, a james bond story in a star wars universe.

Tenacity
03.22.2012 , 04:42 AM | #16
Yea, my favorite classes in the game so far are the bounty hunter and smuggler (played a smuggler during beta, bounty hunter was my first 50 on live). Both classes have a ton of personality and character, their stories are much better written than the force user stories as well (in my opinion, anyways).

Akeema Lynx Mirialan Freelancer

Darth_Solrac
03.22.2012 , 11:40 AM | #17
Ugh, still can't decide if I wanna roll a LS Sith Warrior or DS Jedi Knight next. Any who have played either or both, who has the better storyline overall?

If I choose DS JK, I want him to have, slightly, the feel of Anakin when he was a DS JK (mid EP.2-EP 3).
Nobody expects the Sith Inquisition!
Guild: Imperial Army.
Darth (Markos) Solrac: LV 50, Dark Sith Sorcerer.
Draykos Solrac: LV 29, Dark grey Jedi Guardian.

DLSilence
04.02.2012 , 02:57 AM | #18
Wow, how odd.. I have little to no desire to play any force users! Just doesn't feel like star wars to me. Remember that part in the movie where Luke got a clutch heal from that sage while he was fighting Vader? oh wait..

DarthPunitor
04.02.2012 , 03:33 AM | #19
only force class i can tolerate is the marauder, whos play style/philosophy fits me perfectly.
otherwise i have a toon for every non force using class. boba fett is just as iconic as luke imo
"Honor is a lie, a chain that wraps itself around those foolish enough to accept it and drags them down to defeat."
-Gauntlet of Kresh- -The Tai Legacy- -Subutai - Punitor - Machiavelli - Davikk - Orda- Guild Website - Sister Guild Site

Nessirin
04.02.2012 , 03:35 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Solrac View Post
Ugh, still can't decide if I wanna roll a LS Sith Warrior or DS Jedi Knight next. Any who have played either or both, who has the better storyline overall?

If I choose DS JK, I want him to have, slightly, the feel of Anakin when he was a DS JK (mid EP.2-EP 3).
LS sith warrior is fuuuuuuuuuun. Do you like making jedi facepalm? Turn on their bretheren with just your words? Light side SW is for you!
Darth Mado vas Nightfall 50 marauder Ven Zallow