Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's the Point?

iRouven
03.21.2012 , 10:28 AM | #11
Why do we play anything at all?

Really this is a core question for games in general. The only thing that is taken away a bit when it comes to computer games is the personal interaction with other people - like as in right in front of you.

At least in MMO's there actually are other people vs single player games.

So, if you actually have to "win" something, all sims, sandbox games etc are ... pretty much pointless.

I would say that some people simply have a higher play-drive then others.
“Rattatakii rattataki rakghoul est.” – Jassna Orda
Scions of Korriban
Experience the dark side of the Sons of Numenor on Lord Adraas
http://www.sonsofnumenor.com/

ikinai
03.21.2012 , 10:37 AM | #12
Because you are a jedi/sith/trooper/bounty hunter/smuggler/imperial super spy, that's why.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Guildrum
03.21.2012 , 11:22 AM | #13
More fun than sleeping all day.
The Shaffer Legacy: Begeren Colony

Shaffer Lazy-eye Horace Sleth
Journalist, Pirate Bodyguard Sith

Cynomen
03.21.2012 , 11:34 AM | #14
Community!!! You get to play with others and if lucky enough, get to build an extended family. An MMO player who is not in it just for themselves has the world open to them.

Also, you play because it is fun. You said yourself that you are having the most fun in this game than any other and you can't discount that fact.

Most good MMO's grow and you grow with it. I don't think BW will stop adding content and other aspects that will keep most busy. It is all in perspective really.
To the world you might be just one person, but to one person you might be the world. \m/
Names: Cyyn, Ouija Guild: Obscurum Cado Server: Tarro Blood
Names: Cyyn, Ouijja Guild: AST Server: Port Nowhere