Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

nVidia 8800GT Woes -- need stable driver version suggestion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
nVidia 8800GT Woes -- need stable driver version suggestion

Pompeybear
03.20.2012 , 05:54 AM | #11
Hmm, pixelation issues and black screens sounds a lot like heat problems. If your card was working fine and now isn't , sounds like its on last legs.

Snowdown
03.20.2012 , 07:11 AM | #12
Thanks for all of the suggestions, guys.

I was a bit too busy last night to pull my rig apart and give it a good cleaning, but I'm going to try to give it a shot tonight and see what the results are.

I realize that the pixelation/artifacts normally point to heat issues, I was just hoping that since it coincided with the driver changes and happened literally instantly after a driver change that it was a driver issue.

Who knows, if I clean it well enough maybe I'll be able to pump everything back up to full settings like I was before.

With regards to the overclock question, the card did come factory overclocked. I'll have to look into changing that as well.

Thanks again.

Delease
03.20.2012 , 09:02 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by OkuKeelus View Post
Indeed.

Still rocking a passive cooled 8800GT here tho. Surprised it hasn't set my case on fire in all those years.

It doubles as a furnace in those long cold winters

Had the 8800gt, no 3rd party cooling on the card. Just recently kicked the bucket ( few months ago ). Was running insanely hot, causing crashes.

Went out, bought a HD 6850 for like $100. Things run 100x better for just that little of price. I suggest anyone still running this card or finding graphics struggling overall ( in any game ) go get a new card.

Oh top it off, i contacted evga after i got my ATI card, they told me to send back my 8800gt..i did, they sent a GTS 450 for free lol.

Snowdown
03.20.2012 , 10:13 AM | #14
My 8800gt is an evga too.....I might have to look into trying to get them to send me a gts 450.

What was your angle?

flanz
04.06.2012 , 09:48 PM | #15
I was running duel 8800's and one of them
Got fried last night while I was playing. The game started turning funny colors and progressively got worse until my computer crashed. Then it would start crashing from just bootin up my pc. I'm hoping it was the fact my card was really outdated and over used rather then the game frying it. I noticed during certain cut scenes in convos the fan would be blowing at max