Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So everysingle class is saying: OMG 1.2 Will kill (insert all classes here)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
So everysingle class is saying: OMG 1.2 Will kill (insert all classes here)

Shaunik
03.18.2012 , 09:47 AM | #1
So if the patch is changing every class doesnt that mean it will be balanced...
SWG Server: Starsider
Shaunik
Egor-
Subtraction
"If you can't beat them, divide them"- Cal Omas

Faolon
03.18.2012 , 09:57 AM | #2
Just ignore the whining and wait until you see it for yourself, imo.

People always read patch notes and freak out pointlessly until they play it themselves.
"I will show you things... wonderful, terrible things."

Dee-Jay
03.18.2012 , 09:59 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Shaunik View Post
So if the patch is changing every class doesnt that mean it will be balanced...
Well what people typically do is take patchnotes and apply their changes to the current situation, then reach a conclusion.

However with 1.2 making significant changes to almost every class, you cannot comment on relative performance without taking ALL the changes into consideration.

So for example, many classes and specs are getting nerfed with 1.2, including Focus/Rage Juggers, Scoundrels/Operatives, Sages/Sorcerers and a few more.

The only ones who really ended up with a buff (although some experts call that into question) are Sentinels/Marauders.

So despite all the changes and QQ, very little might actually change about relative class power.

Thebazilly
03.18.2012 , 11:29 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Faolon View Post
Just ignore the whining and wait until you see it for yourself, imo.

People always read patch notes and freak out pointlessly until they play it themselves.
Truth.

Just be amused at the outpouring of butthurt for now. The drama queens will QQ before they even play the patch, but there's many more people who won't.

Aelaias
03.18.2012 , 12:28 PM | #5
I am a big fan of nerfs but releasing an unbalanced game and then nerfing classes wholesale right and left in a big patch is a silly way to manage an mmo. Far from helping the game, 1.2 stands a.good chance of hurting the population. In other words, pissing off your customers is bad for business.

FriscoFrez
03.18.2012 , 12:31 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Thebazilly View Post
Truth.

Just be amused at the outpouring of butthurt for now. The drama queens will QQ before they even play the patch, but there's many more people who won't.
lol. the problem is that the game wasnt ready to be realesed and they presented the game and ppl choosed the class they wanted to play and now they are chaning the classes ppl choosed, thats not nice of them. owell I'm pretty sure all the ppl that are QQ are going to leave and less ppl are going to be left, at the end this game is going to be a singel game
this game has two camps fanboys and players

TyrellJonez
03.18.2012 , 12:59 PM | #7
First, to all the people bashing Bioware for not having a "perfect" launch, i dare you to name ONE MMO that launched without a single problem. Till then, stop whining.

Second, i know the bounty hunters are screaming bloody murder on their forums, but its not that bad. As an Arsenal Spec BH for pvp, i look forward to the changes. Looks like it'll be an interesting shake-up.
If they don't wanna see the hood in me, be satisfied when you see the good in me

GeoLager
03.18.2012 , 02:17 PM | #8
Operatives/scoundrels were already struggling. Least played class with the least utility

1.2 is the straw that breaks the camel's back.

EchoTwoOmega
03.18.2012 , 05:13 PM | #9
1.2 IS up on the PTR.
Squadron 367

EchoTwoOmega
03.18.2012 , 05:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
Operatives/scoundrels were already struggling. Least played class with the least utility

1.2 is the straw that breaks the camel's back.
what planet do you live on? Least utility?
Stealth.
Stealth on others.
CC
Droid CC
Stun
AOE stun (breaks on damage)
Interupt
Healing
Battle rez.

oh oh oh wait. No kncokback means that we have no utility, sorry.
Squadron 367