Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Respec of advance class needs to be implemented

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Respec of advance class needs to be implemented

LuShang
03.14.2012 , 06:42 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
Thanks for supporting me by showing how boring of a grind you have to go through in order to actually start having fun. Same silly objection as the objection to respec within AC where people want you to level 2 sages so you can play a different tree on each. Sorry, most people have a life and betetr things to do.
You must be new to video games.

monkgryphon
03.14.2012 , 06:43 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ferroz View Post
Yes, and soe said that it's impossible to expand the bank. Dev's say a lot of things that aren't actually true.

Shadow vs sage = feral vs resto/balance druid.

Sage and shadow are the same class.
It's easy to find a likeness and then come up with the black or white conclusion that it is the same class. Especially if you use classes from other games.

Using 3.5 DnD rules:

Shadow vs sage = Cleric with high STR and CON vs Cleric with high WIS and CHA.

Therefore they must be the same class...

However, they both may have similar options, their gameplay is completely different. A high STR/CON cleric would be great for frontline DPS or Tanking, while high WIS/CHA is great for backup, spell based DPS, support and healing. Fundamentally they are different.

ferroz
03.14.2012 , 06:44 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
A long hard quest wouldn't be that much different from just doing 1-50.
No, it's totally different than just doing 1-50 again...

Doing 1-50 again means repeating all the same content that you've already done, particularly the class quest. A long hard quest means doing completely new content.

Quote:
Play the other light/dark alignment with the other class is my advice.
I have pretty much 0 interest in that.

LoL-K-Noob
03.14.2012 , 06:44 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by lokivoid View Post
No, start grinding. What your asking for would cut the games grind in half (Not gonna happen).
Ya I know it aint gonna happen because its one of the few ways BioWare is going to keep subs. The only people who are against this are greifers, it has no effect on them what-so-ever just like respec within AC. This is 2012, the only pointless grindfest that should exist is in a korean MMO.

monkgryphon
03.14.2012 , 06:47 PM | #25
Overall, if they did implement this, it would just be a big sucker punch to those who did create both ACs and capped them already.

ferroz
03.14.2012 , 06:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by InspeckdaDeck View Post
re'specc'in between a duel wielding dps monster to a single saber damage tank is too far a stretch to be fair,
Why? I do it in wow all the time when I switch my DK from his blood tank to his frost dps spec...

ferroz
03.14.2012 , 06:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Akirator View Post
Who cares what "other games" do.
Bioware.

Quote:
Bioware designed AC to be totally different classes, and that's what I was commenting on. They are designed as different classes despite what the guy I quoted feels.
Not really; if they were designed as different classes there'd be differences in the storyline, and they wouldn't have had the option to switch AC during beta. So clearly the decision to pretend they're separate classes came after the design phase.

calling them different classes is just ignoring how this game was designed.

Havokk
03.14.2012 , 06:53 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by LoL-K-Noob View Post
Its silly to play the exact same story line twice to experience both classes.
If you don't go through all those quests then how are you going to learn the new class?
If you have spent forty levels as a Sage then you have spent a lot of time learning how to play the class, having new abilities added slowly so you get used to them. If you switch to a Shadow then you now have a level 50 shadow with tens of abilities that you have no idea how to use. Where or when are you going to learn those?
▂▇≡≡≡≡≡≡≡()▇(₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦₦

Daeada
03.14.2012 , 06:56 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by InspeckdaDeck View Post
My suggestion, opposite faction mirror.
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner!

My Empire characters: Juggernaut, Sorcerer, Operative, Powertech.
Republic: Sentinel, Shadow, Gunslinger, Commando.

Considering they suggested that we will be getting long quest chains that require characters of both factions to do, that reward amazing stuff. This is the best approach. You see all 8 storylines, while still having all 8 ACs.

Akirator
03.14.2012 , 07:06 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ferroz View Post
Yes, and soe said that it's impossible to expand the bank. Dev's say a lot of things that aren't actually true.

Shadow vs sage = feral vs resto/balance druid.

Sage and shadow are the same class.

Actually, I'm pretty sure the basis for not allowing it is that people asked for it to be that way during beta (you know, back when you could do that); so if people feel differently now that the game is live, they should continue to talk about it. If enough people want it, I'm sure it will happen.
That's the comparison you make? A TECHNICAL quote that either they were mistaken on or just didn't feel like pursuing so they made something up, versus a design philosophy standpoint? Those have nothing in common with each other.

And I said that whole basis thing because when asked if they were planning to allow AC changing they said "No, AC are fundamentally different class designs."

What they originally intended has no bearing on what I said. As of right now they say that AC are DIFFERENT classes, effectively calling them liars and thinking that you know more about what they intend than they do design-wise is just ignorant.

That being said they could a complete 180 tomorrow and say they are the same classes and AC switching is coming in 1.2. Still doesn't have any effect whatsoever on what I've stated in my posts.
Computer specs

If somebody was standing on a street corner screaming "This town sucks, I'm moving!" you'd think he was crazy, right? I quit threads are the same thing.