Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Yoda: worst jedi ever?

tunewalker
03.13.2014 , 03:48 PM | #71
Basically its what I have said before, and what Yoda has said. "always in motion is the future" A force user no matter how powerful or how skilled in Foresight can only see the paths they perceive as a possibility. Palps could have never suspected Vader would turn to light or that a bunch of helpless small teddy bears would pose any kind of a threat, and because his mind could not perceive these things as even a remote possibility he was blind to that particular future.

He was quite literally blinded by Arrogance.

wrnfkbsdgfbdsgb
03.27.2014 , 12:35 AM | #72
Yoda? The worst? Absolutely not. The worst is Coleman Trebor who died by getting SHOT IN THE FACE, and he saw Jango too. How this guy was let on to the Jedi Council..
"Concentration, focus, long-term thinking--those are the qualities that seperate a warrior from a mere flailing fighter." / "History is on the move. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

Wolfninjajedi
03.27.2014 , 05:34 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by wrnfkbsdgfbdsgb View Post
Yoda? The worst? Absolutely not. The worst is Coleman Trebor who died by getting SHOT IN THE FACE, and he saw Jango too. How this guy was let on to the Jedi Council..
Because he was a pretty good negotiator, they put him on that Council because he had a large number of contacts, he was able to deal with several species, he averted several disputs throughout the galaxy without bloodshed and was pretty much the spokesbeing for the Jedi Order and was well respected.

Not every Jedi is a battle warrior and to be fair he was able to deflect a couple of shots from Jango. He just wasn't good enough to survive.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
03.27.2014 , 06:05 AM | #74
Lets face it guys the worst jedi ever is going to be one of the members of the Jedi Council who decided to ignore the Mandalorian Wars and "meditate" instead. I nominate the Vrook, the head honcho, or their resident zealot Atris.

Kaedusz
03.27.2014 , 06:58 AM | #75
Yoda is the worst jedi ever, in the context of doing so very little for the amount power he had.
The things he was most well known for were training Luke, retarded way of speaking and being small and green.

VitalityPrime
03.27.2014 , 07:47 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Yoda is the worst jedi ever, in the context of doing so very little for the amount power he had.
This^

Season 6 of TCW really drives this point.

They have all the clues about Order 66...and it's his decision to not do anything about it.

He see's visions of everything that is about to happen...and he decides not to do anything about it.

He doesn't even tell any other Jedi about what he saw and what he went through.

Basically...he's saying "f*** it, I just went through a trial to make sure that I live on after death...what do I care if every other Jedi is going to die".
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.

Selenial
03.27.2014 , 08:53 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Lets face it guys the worst jedi ever is going to be one of the members of the Jedi Council who decided to ignore the Mandalorian Wars and "meditate" instead. I nominate the Vrook, the head honcho, or their resident zealot Atris.
Atris, if you even count her as a Jedi.

Sacrificed 100's of Jedi to Nihilus in an attempt to save herself, and draw out the sith so her incredible power could end them

As for the Jedi who preached patients, they were right.
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away fromů save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Aurbere
03.27.2014 , 09:03 AM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
This^

Season 6 of TCW really drives this point.

They have all the clues about Order 66...and it's his decision to not do anything about it.

He see's visions of everything that is about to happen...and he decides not to do anything about it.

He doesn't even tell any other Jedi about what he saw and what he went through.

Basically...he's saying "f*** it, I just went through a trial to make sure that I live on after death...what do I care if every other Jedi is going to die".
Yoda was given a vision of certain events. I believe Yoda's lessons on Farsight can indicate why he did nothing.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

VitalityPrime
03.27.2014 , 09:08 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Yoda was given a vision of certain events. I believe Yoda's lessons on Farsight can indicate why he did nothing.
I understand that "always in motion is the future"...but still...to not say or do anything at all is absurd.

He easily could have taken steps to prevent order 66 and the near eradication of all Jedi...but chose not to.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no fear, there is power. I am the heart of the force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness, in balance with chaos and harmony...immortal in the force.

Aurbere
03.27.2014 , 09:11 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by VitalityPrime View Post
I understand that "always in motion is the future"...but still...to not say or do anything at all is absurd.

He easily could have taken steps to prevent order 66 and the near eradication of all Jedi...but chose not to.
Unlikely.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus