Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What can we do as players to revive this game???

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
What can we do as players to revive this game???

Talizzar
03.12.2012 , 11:12 PM | #21
Un sub now and wait about 6 months when the game will go F2P and the game will rock for about a month and then everyone will leave again.

Roccobb
03.13.2012 , 07:56 AM | #22
Revive? What the heck do you mean? Yesterday on my server, on TARIS, I had 45 people. At noon. In the middle of the day. Last night I was on the fleet before bed. There were 175 people on the fleet. 85 on Taris before I left. If you don't like how populated your server is, maybe you should not have chosen one that said light.

AAndre
03.13.2012 , 07:59 AM | #23
the answer to your question is that this game sucks. go play something else already

Blackardin
03.13.2012 , 08:01 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by chubbywan View Post
2 out of 76 people in guild that are at or near 50 log in daily. Several are friends irl who are extremely bored. I'm trying to get people excited about the game again as I am bored and let down as well.

Guess the point is, is there anything we can do as players to spark interest in a lifeless game? Is there any type of player ran events like in other mmos that anyone could recommend?
You proceed from a false premise, and you ripen that with logical fallacy.

The game is not dead. Your experience is not everyone's experience.

Blackardin
03.13.2012 , 08:04 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Talizzar View Post
Un sub now and wait about 6 months when the game will go F2P and the game will rock for about a month and then everyone will leave again.
Please demonstrate some proof, some indication, some modicum of evidence to support this argument as every single known entity surrounding or involved with the production and release of MMORPGs disagree with you and have labeled the game a success.

Until someone demonstrates proof beyond "me and my two friends", this is little more then hyperbole and conjecture.

Tenceriker
03.13.2012 , 08:13 AM | #26
Don't worry man when April comes more people will leave and maybe then we will get the server mergers this game needs. Until then people will claim 1.7 million subs as if that means anything when 30 servers are pretty much dead in the water day in and day out. I also can't wait as that number slides for the justification and the excuses. Gonna be good times.
Relabeling future patches as Expansions, just like EA Louse said a year ago. Who got the last laugh?

Derfmiolleh
03.13.2012 , 08:18 AM | #27
2 out of 76 people in guild that are at or near 50 log in daily. Several are friends irl who are extremely bored. I'm trying to get people excited about the game again as I am bored and let down as well.

Guess the point is, is there anything we can do as players to spark interest in a lifeless game? Is there any type of player ran events like in other mmos that anyone could recommend?
First of all the games not dead, your guild is.

Guild datacron runs. start at the first ones and go get them all one after the other.
Guild Raid the other factions bases or get the guild togeter for Illum.
Guild premade PvP.
Run a flashpiont.
Wifeswap....I don't know how to revive a dead guild, I'm in a good one.

TheOnlyKyrenS
03.13.2012 , 08:22 AM | #28
Kinda hard to revive something that isn't dead. Just sayin'.
Quote: Originally Posted by corbanite View Post
oh great more constructive criticism.. god knows why some people think there are haters on this forum

Azzras
03.13.2012 , 08:24 AM | #29

Get married in game and invite the opposite faction to the party.
[ █ █ █ █ █] ( ) Ξ█████████████ The Shadowlands █████████████)

Darnu
03.13.2012 , 08:56 AM | #30
as the devs have made very clear and many posters have also made very clear and defend is that this game is marketed to casuals who are not used to playing MMO's or are and despise end-game or anything which implies difficulty/simplification or elitism.

What Bioware may not realise is that to keep casual players happy (but really, by omitting essential components of a game???) an INCREDIBLE amount of work goes into it. These people want endless mission hubs with rewards. They want each and every thing they do improved upon and tailored to suit them. They want endless amounts of game features many players don't even think about or use. They want vast amounts of variety in armour and customisation and aesthetically pleasing features. They want vast, vast quantities of different things to collect and see and do. Deliver, and they'll never, ever be satisfied no matter how impressive it is.

So far this forum has shown me one thing - SWTOR fans are willing to take this even further to beyond believable extents - they want all this included TO THE EXCLUSION OF THE COMBAT AND COMPETITIVE side of MMO's. And what does that mean? No game as such to be made. They're not happy to have it in-game as something that exists but is not what they're interested in personally. They even trash people for asking for essential features being added. And for all this, what they tend to be looking for is not unique to MMO's much less this one.

Now here's the kicker. Bioware, if they continue this game as marketing it as what would be the first ever casual MMO in history (Titan will be casual in terms of time-investment required by players), will discover one heart-breaking fact: These players once they've subbed and seen the content and done a month or 2 and achieved what they set out to do unsub and move onto their other game or their real-life which doesn't allow time for an MMORPG in a serious context. They don't stay subbed consistently as they aren't interested in what to more hardcore players take months and months to achieve. They don't log on every day and spend hours grinding to improve their character to be able to do the true end-game content which should demands commitment. To most MMO players you don't just unsub and resub etc. Casuals DO. Yes, guilds take breaks in between tiers SOMETIMES. However these breaks are normally only a month or 2. It took that long for them to do what they wanted to to in that content patch and that's all there is time for until the next patch and they generally won't unsub. Casuals? They'll sub for a months or 2. Then unsub and you'll see them again 6 months later when there's new content.

When the actual game devs tell you straight out that this sort of mentality "creates entry barriers for casual players" and therefore isn't to be encouraged who do you lose? People looking for an MMO to be their next big time-sink and love. People who will be posting all over the net vids of their latest and greatest kill which will either impress/inspire/spark reactions of "so what that's easy" etc and in other words expand the game to beyond in-game to the gaming community. Word spreads that it's a hot GAME. And on top of that you can use light-sabers and play an MMO based on the movies you watched over and over again. Tell someone about a new game coming out first reaction before graphics is mentioned is "what's it like to play? how's the playability? is it what I'm looking for?". In the case of SWTOR it's like "cool concept. what's the game like to play?" Also "Bioware's making it? How awesome is that? These people know games" only to find, no, that's not really what they've done after all that, and they don't intend to take this direction at all.

I'd love to know who had been advising them about MMO's in general and what they should or shouldn't be doing. Because so far their thoughts have been absolutely and completely off the mark.

Also, player mentality. People who scream about "if you don't like it unsub" tend to be casuals. More hardcore players who are committed to the game and consider the sub as important as an electricity bill tend to be the players who will help you try to understand or explain how you can do something better. And then these casuals scream about "community" and how hardcores wreck the game.