Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Catalyst quest on Taris?(possible spoilers?)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Catalyst quest on Taris?(possible spoilers?)

Heathcliff
12.26.2011 , 04:13 AM | #21
I had the issue myself. I had been infected earlier by one of the lil rakghouls, to no effect on the progression of the questline, so I dropped the quest and got it again. Heading back out, I again was infected by a lil one, again with no effect on the progression.

This time, however, I did not reset it, went a lil further, and attacked a Ferocious Rakghoul (the big red beastie), which infected me yet again. This time, I received an on-screen message that I was infected and to proceed to the droid.

Hopefully this might be a help to someone.
"I'm trying to settle how I shall pay Hindley back. I don't care how long I wait, if I can only do it at last. I hope he will not die before I do!"
- Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights, Ch. 7

MMornard
12.28.2011 , 12:07 PM | #22
This is still happening. Last night I got infected by the first one, my wife never did. We spent two hours trying... grouped, ungrouped, reset, drop quest and reacquire, etc, etc, eieio.

After 22 years as a professional programmer I understand the HUGE amount of code this game has, so I'm inclined to cut the staff a break. But it's still frustrating.

Dahail Sunfire
Jedi Master, Gourmet, Bon Vivant
Brewmaster to the Jedi Council

ScudRunning
12.29.2011 , 02:55 PM | #23
Thanks for the thread.

I did the reset method, and was infected by the very first basic nasty that I came across.

Peter-Mosu
12.30.2011 , 01:25 AM | #24
Same problem. Submitted a bug report.
Also, when I was in a party, my (one) group member got infected and her quest updated. Mine however did not. I reset the quest and it was instantly fixed.

cantrels
12.30.2011 , 11:53 AM | #25
Yes, I had the same problem until I came here, saw this suggestion, hit Reset and the very next Rakghoul infected me.

Roostr
01.05.2012 , 09:51 PM | #26
Reset!!

Kezra
01.06.2012 , 12:13 AM | #27
I have a theory, but I haven't tested it yet beyond this single instance. I play a Jedi Sage and my partner in crime plays a Jedi Guardian. He did reset and then got it just fine from the red Rakghouls in the tunnel, but before he did that I got him to turn off his Guard and Soresu form abilities, so he was on the same buff set as me (Sprint, Force Might, and Force Valor).

I'm wondering if the damage altering/shunting abilities somehow mess with the tracker? If not, no harm done, but if so, hopefully that can help the people who are getting the glitch even after resetting.

Sam_Panda
01.08.2012 , 11:40 AM | #28
I reset the quest and attacked the first red rakghoul I met and it updated.

LordCOTA
01.09.2012 , 06:05 AM | #29
my soresu form and guard were active, i still just had to reset and then i got infected no problem.

Entering story areas seems to break the quest.

Agerwaen
01.10.2012 , 05:18 PM | #30
Quest still not working propertly ;\

Reseting the quest helps.