Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Being ganked by 50's on a PvP server.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Being ganked by 50's on a PvP server.

revial
12.13.2011 , 10:11 AM | #11
Yes, roll on a pve server, you baby.
I may now be playing with 140 ms ping (that sometimes jumps up to 240),
but I'll still kick your behind.
Enjoying the game again on Jung Ma.
Classes left to level: Gunslinger, Assassin, Powertech

DarthNemis
12.13.2011 , 10:12 AM | #12
Yeah just go to a PVE server OP. Also this discussion belongs in the pvp section not general discussion so ima give this thread 1 star for failure.

Beaver
12.13.2011 , 10:13 AM | #13
I like the PvP aspect of PvP servers, and I have had my fair share of being whooped by high levels in every MMO I have played. All I'm saying is that because of this staggered release it is going to cause lots of extra griefing because of the major advantage of being able to play sooner.

Telling me to roll on a PVE doesn't solve the problem it just removes me FROM the problem. I would rather get killed every 30 seconds by a 50 than play on a PVE server. Just wondering if they are aware that this staggered launch is going to cause excessive grief and if there was ANY sort of measure they have done to prevent it.
My lightsaber is bigger than yours!

MegaBubble
12.13.2011 , 10:13 AM | #14
I don't see the problem - those of us that play on PvP servers know and accept this as a way of life in our MMOs. Even if they'd let us in at the same time, there still would be a group of power levelers that would get to 50 before you.

In the end, the only person who's to blame for those concerned about ganking is themself, for not pre-ordering sooner. Suck it up mate, and roll with the punches. Or roll on a PvE server. Enough with the handholding already, if late-comers have to get a few lumps from the Power leveler sorts, well, so be it.

I suppose next people will be complaining "well what about those of us that have to work, the jobless people are getting an 8 hour headstart on us!!"

Dayln
12.13.2011 , 10:14 AM | #15
If you donít like being ganked, then donít play on a ganker server.

This is not a difficult concept, the only difference between a PVE server and a PVP server is that ganking is allowed on the latter.

On the former PVP still takes place, but by consent
I have a bad feeling about this

NightHawke
12.13.2011 , 10:15 AM | #16
There will always be ganking when kids can gank.

What I do like about PvP servers is that it allows Guilds to just show up and have a huge knock down dragged out fight with each other without resorting to the battlegrounds.
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

Beaver
12.13.2011 , 10:30 AM | #17
A lot of people missed the point of this thread and just felt like attacking.

I will close with. I will NEVER roll on a PVE server EVER. I accept that I will get ganked by high levels and that it can come at any time just as you accept that I have the right to gank and grief you until I get bored or you log off due to frustration. I don't care when I get killed, I am used to it and I will continue with whatever I was doing after I respawn. If it becomes a major problem I will bring friends or go quest somewhere else....but I will NOT EVER use a PvE server no matter how many times I get ganked.

As said, i would rather get ganked every 30 seconds by a 50 than roll on a PvE server.
My lightsaber is bigger than yours!