Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did BioWare have to kill Revan's legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Why did BioWare have to kill Revan's legacy

Cordarn
03.12.2012 , 09:28 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ProphetKrieg View Post
Seriously I just did the Foundry and apparently (despite this not being in any of the books or previous TOR games) Revan was creating an army of droids to exterminate the entire Imperial race, not just take on the Emperor. That really kills it for alot of the Revanite-loyal Sith players and storylines in the game that the person venerated in these circles is plotting their holocaust.

Thoughts??
they probably didn't tell you the entire truth. Ya know how those imperials are.
What do you mean they shot a torpedo into the core?!?

georgethomtas
03.12.2012 , 09:34 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ProphetKrieg View Post
Seriously I just did the Foundry and apparently (despite this not being in any of the books or previous TOR games) Revan was creating an army of droids to exterminate the entire Imperial race, not just take on the Emperor. That really kills it for alot of the Revanite-loyal Sith players and storylines in the game that the person venerated in these circles is plotting their holocaust.

Thoughts??
I'm just going to say this one.
You clearly haven't played a republic class because that is where the reason behind the foundry is explained.
He decides to leave the republic behind after the republic free him from the Maelstrom Prison and he goes off to where he left HK-47 to raise a droid army as he knew the Sith were coming and he had to make an army ready to fight them

Cordarn
03.12.2012 , 09:38 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by georgethomtas View Post
I'm just going to say this one.
You clearly haven't played a republic class because that is where the reason behind the foundry is explained.
He decides to leave the republic behind after the republic free him from the Maelstrom Prison and he goes off to where he left HK-47 to raise a droid army as he knew the Sith were coming and he had to make an army ready to fight them
Easiest solution: Stay on the fleet. ROFL.
What do you mean they shot a torpedo into the core?!?

Xenedus
03.12.2012 , 11:39 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Gradivus View Post
No. Bioware deserves a lot of respect for daring to destroy Revan's legacy. Bioware showed with the example of Revan, that even the strongest and most legenday heroes can turn out to be too weak in the end and perish. Because that is what happened - Revan was too weak and turned into just another force abomination. He lost it.

And once again - I respect Bioware greatly for this.

PS - keep in mind that Revan didn't die. I'm sure BW has something in store for him.
they have plans for him. It would have been easy for them to have the story set after he died and just have some references to him. They put him in for a reason and they have plans for him.

GusVIII
03.17.2012 , 04:04 AM | #25
1. I think that Reven is still alive. If a character's death is ambiguous, odds are they're still alive.

2. When did he himself say that he was going to commit genocide? The only thing I got was that he was going to use his army to defeat the Empire once and for all. That doesn't always mean genocide. Wasn't that just HK-47 exaggerating things again. Talking about killing organics in large numbers is kind of his thing, even when your characters in Kotor 1 and 2 are lightsiders.
<█[][][][][][o]={]▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Darth_Vicente
03.17.2012 , 07:21 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by GusVIII View Post
1. I think that Reven is still alive. If a character's death is ambiguous, odds are they're still alive.

2. When did he himself say that he was going to commit genocide? The only thing I got was that he was going to use his army to defeat the Empire once and for all. That doesn't always mean genocide. Wasn't that just HK-47 exaggerating things again. Talking about killing organics in large numbers is kind of his thing, even when your characters in Kotor 1 and 2 are lightsiders.

No. HK-47 specifically said their weapons were designed with the intent to kill everyone with Sith (species) genetic material in them. And specified that was... 97(?)% of the Empire's citizens. He didn't just say "We're going to wipe out the Empire", he gave very specific pieces of information.
Grand Lord of The Sovereign Aeons Server: Ebon Hawk
The Kinslayer Legacy
Darth Nšeblis | Darth Lanfear| Lord Ra'hvin| Cipher Agent Aludra| Ziare, Imperial Loyalist|Apprentice Telv'isa'sdra|Apprentice Gwynofar|Master Lews-Therin

Polygnom
03.17.2012 , 07:38 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by InquisitorJorus View Post
just because he pops into force lightning doesn't necessarily mean he's dead, go on the mmo story way of thinking: If there's not a body to loot, they didn't die.
I killed Kel'Thuzad in Naxx40. I looted his dead body. He was around again in Northrend. Just sayin. Theres always a way to ressurect someone. Even if it bends the lore in a way that hurts. If you want to, you can ressurect everyone as a game designer. No matter if he was dead before or not. But as said before: revan didn't die. There was no dead body. I somehow expect we didn't see the last of him in the foundry.
There were circling stars, breathing stars, pulsating stars and dying stars. There was the Death Star.

AlyxDinas
03.18.2012 , 02:05 AM | #28
Revan had no legacy to kill. He was not a character. He was a cipher.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Captain_Zone
03.18.2012 , 10:54 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by GusVIII View Post
I agree. Ambiguous "deaths" like those of Boba Fett, Darth Maul, The Joker on numerous occasions, etc. usually means they're still alive. Just because they were supposedly on something that went "boom" or got thrown out a window or down a vent or Sarlacc pit, doesn't mean they're dead. Come to think of it, Mace Windu may have just survived....
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Rayla_Felana
03.26.2012 , 05:07 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by portichae View Post
SWTOR took a huge steaming dump on KOTOR fans with the Foundry flashpoint.

It really is a piss poor end to the KOTOR story that Rev' goes down like a genocidal punk. They could have done so much more with the Revan legacy; he was the first Jedi to walk both paths I.E. the first Grey Jedi.

Deeply concerned about future story if this is the kind of crap they're going to pull to conclude a successful and well loved character and story-line.
Not nearly as bad as what they did with Surik in the Revan novel, outright ignored almost everything confirmed about her just to make her look like a Padawan compared to Revan.

Then she gets killed in the most unceremonious way.

That was basically Drew taking a massive piss all over KotOR II and the Exile's characters whilst saying to Avellone "Hey, take your game and character and shove it up your *** because I am an immature jealous *****."