Why did BioWare have to kill Revan's legacy

ProphetKrieg

Seriously I just did the Foundry and apparently (despite this not being in any of the books or previous TOR games) Revan was creating an army of droids to exterminate the entire Imperial race, not just take on the Emperor. That really kills it for alot of the Revanite-loyal Sith players and storylines in the game that the person venerated in these circles is plotting their holocaust.

Thoughts??

Edited by ProphetKrieg

As Revan said. "The Emperor kept me alive with Sith Alchemy"

AKA

MAGIC!!

Regardless, I thought that BioWares "effort" to keep a legend alive were rather... piss poor. This game shouldn't have had him in it imo. :p

SWTOR took a huge steaming dump on KOTOR fans with the Foundry flashpoint.

It really is a piss poor end to the KOTOR story that Rev' goes down like a genocidal punk. They could have done so much more with the Revan legacy; he was the first Jedi to walk both paths I.E. the first Grey Jedi.

Deeply concerned about future story if this is the kind of crap they're going to pull to conclude a successful and well loved character and story-line.

Edited by portichae

It really is a piss poor end to the KOTOR story that Rev' goes down like a genocidal punk. They could have done so much more with the Revan legacy; he was the first Jedi to walk both paths I.E. the first Grey Jedi.

Deeply concerned about future story if this is the kind of crap they're going to pull to conclude a successful and well loved character and story-line.

just because he pops into force lightning doesn't necessarily mean he's dead, go on the mmo story way of thinking: If there's not a body to loot, they didn't die.

No. Bioware deserves a lot of respect for daring to destroy Revan's legacy. Bioware showed with the example of Revan, that even the strongest and most legenday heroes can turn out to be too weak in the end and perish. Because that is what happened - Revan was too weak and turned into just another force abomination. He lost it.

And once again - I respect Bioware greatly for this.

PS - keep in mind that Revan didn't die. I'm sure BW has something in store for him.

Edited by Gradivus

because revan himself was poor character

but people will say revan is awesome in kotor but the only reason you only liked the revan because you made him in Kotor his (personlity/goals/face/Light/dark/gender) but nether of revan you made were canon in story.

Edited by undeadsithdread

just because he pops into force lightning doesn't necessarily mean he's dead, go on the mmo story way of thinking: If there's not a body to loot, they didn't die.

He payed homage to malek, who as far as we know, yes actually died. But I am going to hope there is something more, because he was a bamfy character who I do love dearly.

As some one who is a huge fan on Revan, I think everyone complaining about how "Bioware ruined Revan!" I like Revan's actual character now that he has one and I am actually glad with how his story has turned out. If anything, I think the Revan fans are the one's taking a piss on him, not BW.

( im a terrible speller , lol grammer no )

to be honest bioware should never of made an mmo they should of continued by making kotor 3 and wrapped it all up with that. to be quite honest this game is decent but not amazing i think by just giving into greed and making an mmo just disgraced all the hard core kotor 1 and 2 fans. the should just dissmiss this game as bantha like they did to galaxies and start over. Im sure how ever that this wont be the last of revan there probably just going to screw up more by ruining him even more .... as far as im concerd im still just waiting in the dark for a real ending to such an epic charicter

http://lorefreak.blogspot.com/2012/02/exlusive-interview-with-drew-karpyshyn.html

He payed homage to malek, who as far as we know, yes actually died. But I am going to hope there is something more, because he was a bamfy character who I do love dearly.

see above.

Edited by Spartanik

Honestly I can sympathize with Revan. First his most trusted companion is killed. second one of his most loyal droids is destroyed (poor T3.). Third he has a son he never gets to meet. Finally he is subjected to having one of the darkest beings in the galaxy crawling through his head for three centuries, That's enough to make anyone go mad. Even the Prodigal Knight.

Seriously I just did the Foundry and apparently (despite this not being in any of the books or previous TOR games) Revan was creating an army of droids to exterminate the entire Imperial race, not just take on the Emperor. That really kills it for alot of the Revanite-loyal Sith players and storylines in the game that the person venerated in these circles is plotting their holocaust.

Thoughts??

wasnt he tortured by the emperor himself for like 300years ? i guess he gone mad ?

Thoughts??

they probably didn't tell you the entire truth. Ya know how those imperials are.:rolleyes:

Thoughts??

I'm just going to say this one.

You clearly haven't played a republic class because that is where the reason behind the foundry is explained.

He decides to leave the republic behind after the republic free him from the Maelstrom Prison and he goes off to where he left HK-47 to raise a droid army as he knew the Sith were coming and he had to make an army ready to fight them

I'm just going to say this one.

You clearly haven't played a republic class because that is where the reason behind the foundry is explained.

He decides to leave the republic behind after the republic free him from the Maelstrom Prison and he goes off to where he left HK-47 to raise a droid army as he knew the Sith were coming and he had to make an army ready to fight them

Easiest solution: Stay on the fleet. ROFL.

No. Bioware deserves a lot of respect for daring to destroy Revan's legacy. Bioware showed with the example of Revan, that even the strongest and most legenday heroes can turn out to be too weak in the end and perish. Because that is what happened - Revan was too weak and turned into just another force abomination. He lost it.

And once again - I respect Bioware greatly for this.

PS - keep in mind that Revan didn't die. I'm sure BW has something in store for him.

they have plans for him. It would have been easy for them to have the story set after he died and just have some references to him. They put him in for a reason and they have plans for him.

1. I think that Reven is still alive. If a character's death is ambiguous, odds are they're still alive.

2. When did he himself say that he was going to commit genocide? The only thing I got was that he was going to use his army to defeat the Empire once and for all. That doesn't always mean genocide. Wasn't that just HK-47 exaggerating things again. Talking about killing organics in large numbers is kind of his thing, even when your characters in Kotor 1 and 2 are lightsiders.