Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why did BioWare have to kill Revan's legacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
Why did BioWare have to kill Revan's legacy

undeadsithdread
03.11.2012 , 09:29 PM | #11
because revan himself was poor character

but people will say revan is awesome in kotor but the only reason you only liked the revan because you made him in Kotor his (personlity/goals/face/Light/dark/gender) but nether of revan you made were canon in story.
Sith assassin Forever!

Wolfninjajedi
03.11.2012 , 09:45 PM | #12
Its been 300 years, his times has passed so I don't see how his legacy was destroyed if its been 300 years.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

RikerFFXI
03.11.2012 , 10:01 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by InquisitorJorus View Post
just because he pops into force lightning doesn't necessarily mean he's dead, go on the mmo story way of thinking: If there's not a body to loot, they didn't die.
He payed homage to malek, who as far as we know, yes actually died. But I am going to hope there is something more, because he was a bamfy character who I do love dearly.
twitter.com/RaphaelBoccella
Gamertag: Drama TiC AL7s
Raffaele Bocelli 50 Juggernaut (Immortal & Vengeance)

Forgon
03.11.2012 , 10:01 PM | #14
As some one who is a huge fan on Revan, I think everyone complaining about how "Bioware ruined Revan!" I like Revan's actual character now that he has one and I am actually glad with how his story has turned out. If anything, I think the Revan fans are the one's taking a piss on him, not BW.
Quote: Originally Posted by milmo View Post
No, we need to rant on how this game is exactly like WoW and when we learn it's not like WoW we go into a blood rage. We must aim to be inconsistent, incoherent and contradictory.

breasy
03.11.2012 , 10:02 PM | #15
( im a terrible speller , lol grammer no )
to be honest bioware should never of made an mmo they should of continued by making kotor 3 and wrapped it all up with that. to be quite honest this game is decent but not amazing i think by just giving into greed and making an mmo just disgraced all the hard core kotor 1 and 2 fans. the should just dissmiss this game as bantha like they did to galaxies and start over. Im sure how ever that this wont be the last of revan there probably just going to screw up more by ruining him even more .... as far as im concerd im still just waiting in the dark for a real ending to such an epic charicter

Spartanik
03.11.2012 , 10:12 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by portichae View Post
SWTOR took a huge steaming dump on KOTOR fans with the Foundry flashpoint.

It really is a piss poor end to the KOTOR story that Rev' goes down like a genocidal punk. They could have done so much more with the Revan legacy; he was the first Jedi to walk both paths I.E. the first Grey Jedi.

Deeply concerned about future story if this is the kind of crap they're going to pull to conclude a successful and well loved character and story-line.
http://lorefreak.blogspot.com/2012/0...karpyshyn.html

Quote:
He payed homage to malek, who as far as we know, yes actually died. But I am going to hope there is something more, because he was a bamfy character who I do love dearly.
see above.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Lynkilen
03.11.2012 , 10:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Revan
The Foundry was just a setback!
I can see it now.

But seriously i doubt that was the end for Revan.

RikerFFXI
03.11.2012 , 11:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
That, was an excellent read. Thank you for that. I'd say revan was about.. Dark 1, maybe dark 2 in the foundry
twitter.com/RaphaelBoccella
Gamertag: Drama TiC AL7s
Raffaele Bocelli 50 Juggernaut (Immortal & Vengeance)

Txdeerhunter
03.12.2012 , 12:44 AM | #19
Honestly I can sympathize with Revan. First his most trusted companion is killed. second one of his most loyal droids is destroyed (poor T3.). Third he has a son he never gets to meet. Finally he is subjected to having one of the darkest beings in the galaxy crawling through his head for three centuries, That's enough to make anyone go mad. Even the Prodigal Knight.

NovaTera
03.12.2012 , 12:51 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ProphetKrieg View Post
Seriously I just did the Foundry and apparently (despite this not being in any of the books or previous TOR games) Revan was creating an army of droids to exterminate the entire Imperial race, not just take on the Emperor. That really kills it for alot of the Revanite-loyal Sith players and storylines in the game that the person venerated in these circles is plotting their holocaust.

Thoughts??
wasnt he tortured by the emperor himself for like 300years ? i guess he gone mad ?
YaY For the animation change !
Thank you BioWare!