Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the SWTOR fiasco??

XGSTAR
03.09.2012 , 01:43 PM | #11
Though we took a kinda depressing sad generation in all senses, you must learn to take your life and say to the crying people get the **** out of my way.

Simple like that. Becuase I did and I am way happier than all of them. Easy to learn, but something difficult to apply in oneself, yeah...

AbsolutGrndZero
03.09.2012 , 01:47 PM | #12
Actually got a reply on the Mass Effect 3 forums... apparently Star Wars the Old Republic is losing thousands of subscriptions every day... It must be true right? I mean Mass Effect fans crying about the ending of Mass Effect 3 are always right, aren't they?

EDIT: Noticed I made a total bonehead post and said SWG instead of SWTOR LOL
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

Trigon
03.09.2012 , 09:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Valens_Andorius View Post
Sadly true. I'm a history teacher, and assigned an Essay about the Fall of the Roman Republic.

Of 29 Students, 12 used the terms lol, omg, or some other internet leet-speek.

1 student actually said the Senate was trolling Caesar.

Hope the Mayans were right, cause anything else will be a ***-hat Sopranos ending.
I might've given extra credit for the trolling Caesar line, so much sad and funny at once.

Quote:
Actually got a reply on the Mass Effect 3 forums... apparently Star Wars galaxies is losing thousands of subscriptions every day... It must be true right? I mean Mass Effect fans crying about the ending of Mass Effect 3 are always right, aren't they?
SWG lost thousands of subs all at once back in December. But yeah the net loss/gain of subs currently for this game isn't going to be thousands into the negative.
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
Ooga booga, the CM is gonna getcha! Ooga booga!
I got 99 problems but a Bith ain't 1!

ScarletBlaze
03.09.2012 , 10:00 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
Actually got a reply on the Mass Effect 3 forums... apparently Star Wars galaxies is losing thousands of subscriptions every day... It must be true right? I mean Mass Effect fans crying about the ending of Mass Effect 3 are always right, aren't they?
Actually Star Wars Galaxies closed on December 15 of last year unless they are talking about the emu portion.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Baalfyre
03.09.2012 , 10:03 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
They're a flighty lot.

They all panned ME1 and didn't get on board until well after ME2 was a proven success game. Then, it was omg, this series is awesome!

It's a pathetic demographic who only play games their friends tell them to play.

ErikModi
03.10.2012 , 12:01 AM | #16
I only got in to Mass Effect 2 after it came out on the PS3, but I was considering buying a 360 just to play Mass Effect (SO glad BioWare wised up and released it on both consoles!) It is one of the finest entries into the science fiction genre in recent history (and I don't just mean for video games.) Loving Mass Effect 3.
Jedi vs. Sith, Page 97, column 2, paragraph 4, line 1:

Prior to the Battle of Ruusan, the Jedi used crystals from many different sources, and ignited lightsabers in every known hue, including purple, orange, and gold.

Lunazen
03.10.2012 , 12:30 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Valens_Andorius View Post
Sadly true. I'm a history teacher, and assigned an Essay about the Fall of the Roman Republic.

Of 29 Students, 12 used the terms lol, omg, or some other internet leet-speek.

1 student actually said the Senate was trolling Caesar.

Hope the Mayans were right, cause anything else will be a ***-hat Sopranos ending.
Wow... please tell me you gave them failing grades on those essays. Please?
Squadron 367
**SWG Teras Kasi~Creature Handler 2003-2005**
**EQ2 Monk 2005-2011**

AbsolutGrndZero
03.10.2012 , 03:45 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
Actually Star Wars Galaxies closed on December 15 of last year unless they are talking about the emu portion.
OOPS i meant SWtOR can't beleive I said SWG LOL
The Babylon Legacy
Harbinger
Racquel, Stancerry, Jennica, Porcelain

marcusaxavier
03.11.2012 , 03:48 PM | #19
There is no "fiasco"; there are only some people taking the fact that a few people are not satisfied with the game and blowing it out of proportion. And, because controversy is more of an attention getter than the truth, the fabrication gets spread even further when people read it and assume that it includes "thousands" of upset gamers instead of maybe a hundred (out of a little over a million subscribers).

If you want further proof, search the internet for any game, movie, tv show, book, or any other media with the word "fiasco". I'm sure you find plenty of websites.
Many Bothans died to bring you this signature...

Senscith
03.11.2012 , 04:18 PM | #20
The issue with ME3 is that the endings were really poorly hashed out and the reason behind doing any of the 3 choices was because of something you had the option of proving entirely wrong. Not to mention that a certain scene with a certain ship made no sense because what the **** was it doing there randomly with my team? I'm not that much of a dick they'd flee that fast from me.

SWTOR is already getting a ton of new content added to it on a regular basis as well as almost weekly patches adjusting issues with the game. All because it wasn't exactly like WoW after it'd had been around how many years now and had how long to refine and touch up their product? SWTOR had a bit of a rough start after everyone started hitting 50, its getting better and the devs are making an active attempt on improving the game.
Quote: Originally Posted by Gryn View Post
what happened to the good ol' days when you ran up to some one and whacked them with something?