Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IA: Operative / Smuggler: Scoundel (dsp) - Will 1.2 ressurect this dead class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
IA: Operative / Smuggler: Scoundel (dsp) - Will 1.2 ressurect this dead class?

GeoLager
04.02.2012 , 10:44 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Griad View Post
Well i am leveling an operative atm and i have alot of fun with it, in both PVP and PVE. My DPS seems very nice compared to the people in my group.

Off course i am not 50 yet only 44 with a lethality spec and generally crit for around 1.5k - 1.9k on mobs seems pretty decent for my lvl, my BH had lower dps at this level.

True there are issues from what i can tell, but i have hopes that after a few tries BW will get it right.

Rome wasnt build in one day.
Rome may have not been built in a day, but it was sacked in one.

CrunkShizzle
04.02.2012 , 09:56 PM | #52
so i was gonna roll a smuggler over an operative cuz i liked the whole hat and coat look better

i looked at there gear today

i r disapoint

oh and not to go offtopic.but im glad i rolled a sith warrior and not a jedi knight cuz epic lolz at there gear,well at least there pvp gear.there pve gear doesnt look that bad

AshlaBoga
04.02.2012 , 10:50 PM | #53
Hi, I've only done an Operative to level 49 and a Sniper to level 29 so my understanding of class dynamics is not yet complete but I'm fairly certain that the class is good for PvE and takes a substantial amount of skill in PvP.

Note: When I say "skill" I don't mean L2P, I mean be really really good at playing your class.

For casual PvP players this is not the best of the 8(*cough*4!) classes to play. I haven't had much difficulty in my class missions - I did Jadus at 29 and didn't wipe, but I think Sniper requires a LOT more skill than Operative. Operatives are better healers and can use Kaliyo as a tank from low levels. Snipers... have great dps, but are the squishiest dps class I've played in ANY mmo.
For the record, I play Guild Wars, Lineage 2, WoW, SWG (Rest In Peace ).