Marauder vs Sorc

YoungDro

Can someone help me with this math

If Marauder > Sorcerer

and

Sorcerer > Everything else

wouldn't

Marauder > Everything?

I'm confused because I keep on hearing how Marauders rip through Sorcerers but are so weak in pvp

but Sorcerers are OP in PvP

Would this mean Marauders are OP?

Marauders are a bit strong in PVP. Not overpowered, but definitely strong.

Sorcs are 100% balanced. Bad players think they are OP, but they really aren't at all.

What you see is actually the strange overlap of skilled vs unskilled opinions on the forum, which state not only different but often opposite things about class balance.

Well played Marauders/Sentinels are OP. As are well played Scoundrels/Ops (both healing and middle tree). The thing is that 99% of the population of people who play these classes do not play them well enough to show it.

Even decently played tank spec Shadow/Assassins in DPS gear are OP, but I won't go there.

Edited by Quesadilla

If Marauder > Sorcerer

and

wouldn't

Marauder > Everything?

I'm confused because I keep on hearing how Marauders rip through Sorcerers but are so weak in pvp

I think your confusing how people consider Marauders better than Sorcs and why they are considered OP. In the damage department Marauders tear Sorcs apart. They have multiple ways to counter casters when in melee range.

Most of the Sorc whining is about the utility they have combined with the damage of their prime fotm spec, the Madness Hybrid spec.

Sorcs are 100% balanced. Bad players think they are OP, but they really aren't at all.

What you see is actually the strange overlap of skilled vs unskilled opinions on the forum, which state not only different but often opposite things about class balance.

We can only state our opinions as we have no empirical data available. However to say that some people are more "skilled" than others is quite a subjective term and doesn't disqualify or confirm any position on what other people are posting.

So perhaps its safe to say in your definition that the "skilled" players are the ones that are in agreement with your point of view and the "unskilled" are the players that disagree with your point of view.

That seems a bit biased to me.

Oh that's no strange overlap. Only skilled people who have figured out the two OP classes (or shall we better say the two classes that fit their roles waaaay better than any other class does theirs, and sometimes some other class' role to) and are whoring them for as long as they can while at the same time claiming they are "fine" and its a "l2p noob" or "get some skills" issue.

Bioware seems to be thinking all is fine there so I'll just bow to their superior knowledge and join the FOTM/Y club despite how much I'd prefer to play with other classes.

If Marauder > Sorcerer

and

wouldn't

Marauder > Everything?

And an operative/scoundrel who cc's/doesn't dmg during rebuke beats sentinel/marauder in a duel. What does that mean? Nothing. It means certain classes beat other classes in duels. Op/scoundrel is prob the worst warzone class in the game right now... That is how much duels mean. Nothing.

The people you see posting this crap are idiots who don't want their class nerfed (sorc/sage hybrid spec). They base marauders/sents being op due to that class being able to chase them around for 45 seconds and finally kill them in a ONE ON ONE...

This doesn't happen in a sorc/sage stack though. Why? Cus roots on the aoe knockback will root a full resolve player.

Anyone who says marauders/sents "rip through" sorc/sage is either lying or is horrible/ About the only class that can kill a sorc/sage in any reasonable amount of time is op/scoundrel and if they get one additional stun/aoe root from a hybrid sorc? They aren't going to kill the sorc/sage...

The truth? Hybrid sorc/sage is the HARDEST dps target to bring down. It takes too long and any additional roots through resolve means you are never catching them.

I have played both these classes and anyone calling any melee "OP" right now (in more then pointless duels) is delusional.

CC marauder/sent during rebuke. Hell just knockback root them during it. Don't dot them. Let it wear off (6 seconds). Grats. They are now the softest target in the game to kill.

Want to know why bad sorc/sages have a hard time with them one on one? They immediately dot them...

Stupidest thing you can do against a marauder/sent. Of course most of the morons on this forum think they are awesome because they can tab dot and press a few buttons on the most OP, easiest to play ranged class that I have ever played in an MMO...Sad thing? They can't even excel on it lol.

Skill / Latency / Gear / PC /

To compare one needs to make assumption which in todays PuG WZ is impossible as any one can play.

Come Rated WZ it will be easier, look at the top 0.5% of the world or top 1% and you will be able to have a clearer picture.

My take as a valor 61 Assassin and Valor 60 Sorcerer and Valor 4x Juggernaut is Sorcerer are the least well-put-together AC PvP wise.

Marauders are powerful but Powertechs are just as powerful if not more.

In just about every MMO Mages -light armor -Sorcerer- get shewed up by burst/DPS.

I would gladly give up the Force Lightning snare for more power.

Sorcerors are only overpowered because they have too much utility, they have abilities that logically belong to other classes(like sprint) and are capable of performing more roles than they should be able to.

There is also the hybrid spec that everyone complains about, which could easily be fixed by moving talent points around.

Edited by namelless