Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game lacks epeen

Eddizel
02.28.2012 , 12:56 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by kedobanfey View Post
So basically this game lacks a measurement of the disparity between hardcore and causal players. Between the landed privilaged aristocracy and the peasent workers whom they expect to faun over them because of their epic armor?

edit: I mean don't most of us work already? Do we need two jobs? Especially one where we pay to work.
You don't have to care about what the more hardcore players are doing. You don't have to play the game like they do or worry about it. Right now though they really have no reason to play, and if you enjoy this game and want it to flourish, you will need them to want to play, trust me.

You don't have to like them, you don't have to care about them, but they will make your game better if you keep them around. I gave my reasons for this in the post above.

Terans
02.28.2012 , 01:03 AM | #22
I'm a casual player.

I agree that gear is far too easy to get. There's no incentive for me to run HM because I don't need the gear.

TJHarmon
02.28.2012 , 01:03 AM | #23
As someone who used to be a Hardcore gamer and is now very casual and already blown through all the content very easily, I agree 100% with the OP. This game has absolutely no purpose and nothing to work for, and unless they add that something very soon, nothing worth playing this game for.

Dibdabs
02.28.2012 , 01:08 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Apocalypsezero View Post
So the hardcore minority is not playing anymore while the casual majority is enjoying the game?
Yep. For me, it's about the journey, not the destination, so I'm perfectly happy. Raiding is something that bored me in MMOs 12 years ago, and it still holds zero attraction now. As for PvP I get my fix in Eve, where PvP counts for something.

grfu
02.28.2012 , 01:36 AM | #25
The only problem I have getting behind this is the fact that the only "hardcore" players I've run across are total *****. Just my experience, not commenting on anyone in this thread.

Lularapio
02.28.2012 , 01:42 AM | #26
hi, I'm a hardcore player, l need something to show off in a game to prove how I dedicated myself to clear the dumbed down content in a month which was developed for casual players

if I can't have my gigantic epeen to show off I can't waddle around at the fleet to show my shinies!

well, even if I get an epeen booster, there's no people to show them my ginormous epeen

guess I'll go back to WoW

Kubernetic
02.28.2012 , 01:52 AM | #27
I would like to say that I appreciate all of the players that rushed to endgame to let us all know we could take our time leveling up and enjoying the story. I credit those of you who did so with tremendously increasing my appreciation of the game's finer points.

With only a L35 Jedi, a L32 Trooper, a L16 Agent and L16 Bounty Hunter, I've still got a lot of game left to play, and that doesn't even count the other 4 story lines.

Ya'll enjoy your Battlemaster though! Good luck.

BTW, just for the sake of facts, what is the estimation of the percentage of the player base that could be considered "hardcore players" that would enjoy the said epeen measuring stick?

5%? 10%? More?
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

daMarek
02.28.2012 , 02:00 AM | #28
Catering only to casuals is fail because they will be gone in 2 months when the next "game of the year" comes out.

Bladedakoda
02.28.2012 , 02:03 AM | #29
Cause epeen matters, lol honestly i hope they never bring in the epeen factor. That way all those people can go back to the cesspool called wow. While others enjoy a game for fun, cause you know, it's only a game...........

Boxcar
02.28.2012 , 02:04 AM | #30
I find arrogant bads (who seem to be happy that this game is easy and bad) to be far more insufferable than arrogant elitists.