Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game lacks epeen

Eddizel
02.27.2012 , 09:40 PM | #1
This game has no epeen factor or skill factor and that is why my server is dying fast.

We have 4 guilds that have cleared all nightmare 16 man raid content. Countless others doing 8 man.

Most pvpers got all the battlemaster gear and I never see them on anymore because they either quit or are waiting for some sort of incentive to log in again.

I don't think this game lacked endgame content, it was just way too easy to beat and way too easy to get all the gear in the game, pve and pvp.

Whatever hardcore playerbase was/is here needs challenging content and a reason to farm it. Quality pvp players need a competitive situation and not just a stupid RNG grind.

1.2 better hurry and it better be incredible, with rated warzones and compelling/challenging content.............but it might already be too late.

You can argue all day about game is failing/successful or thriving/dying but I can only tell you what I witness on my own server as someone who cares, and I have seen our pop dwindling, with our hardcore playerbase bleeding out extremely fast.

Maybe you want the more hardcore players gone, maybe you dislike them for whatever reason, but the hardcore playerbase is a good base of an MMO, you don't want to lose them.

In short, this game needs more epeen and reasons for hardcore players to keep playing.

It is a short window to keep us here before we move onto the next big thing or end up going back to MMO's that we came from that are simply doing it better. I was patient, gave game a couple of months, wasn't going to jump ship so fast, but time is running short.

You only hear or have bad experiences with the minority of hardcore players. The majority of them are good people who absolutely drive MMO's because they care.

They are the ones who create awesome websites with strats and videos for bosses, or the math nerds who theorycraft all the best specs and how to gear and spreadsheets and 3rd party programs to make the game better if you are into that stuff.

They are the ones who are comfortable leading PUG raids (ops) in their sparetime or leading rated pvp teams.

They are the ones who run smaller dungeon/flashpoint content multiple times looking for specific gear or trying out a new spec or playing alts or maybe even just for fun, while a casual may run it only once just to see it, this makes more groups happening and more often!

They are the ones who run the best guilds and push content and develop rivalries and server communities in both PVE and PVP.

They are the ones who are very active on the GTN and help drive the server economy.

They are the ones willing to test new content on patches on the test servers.

You may not want to believe it or care, but losing your hardcore playerbase has a very important trickle down effect on the servers. They are the players that are around the most and you will notice it when they are gone, I already am noticing it and it is not good.

Edit: Added one of my other posts to this as I felt it was relevant and helped add to my original point.

Lazirus-
02.27.2012 , 09:42 PM | #2
I completely and utterly agree. The only qualm that I have with SW:TOR is that it lacks any means of hardcore grinding with a substantive reward.
"It is said correctly that law exists not for the just but for the unjust, for the just carry the law in their hearts, and do not need to call it from afar."
Master Fitze Felix | Jedi Shadow | The Harbinger

XplaguesX
02.27.2012 , 09:50 PM | #3
i have to somewhat agree.

im not a hardcore raider, and im not a hardcore PVPer.. and i find the endgame content a easy as pie. i did H EV, and parts of H palace as well as in full champ gear sitting at valor 58.
iŻi▀▀▀▀iŻi‾↟⊗δ↟Ż{ ███████████████████████████████████████) CE ordered

BCBull
02.27.2012 , 09:51 PM | #4
Special huh? where I come from everybody gets a trophy! Those kids payed their parents money to play too!
Quote: Originally Posted by Greg Zoeller
Fixing requires technology that we currently do not have.

Apocalypsezero
02.27.2012 , 10:05 PM | #5
So the hardcore minority is not playing anymore while the casual majority is enjoying the game?
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
MMO General Forums, Proof of the Need for Eugenics.

Wolfninjajedi
02.27.2012 , 10:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Apocalypsezero View Post
So the hardcore minority is not playing anymore while the casual majority is enjoying the game?
Shocking isn't it?
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

_Myth_
02.27.2012 , 10:30 PM | #7
This game lacks progression based third party websites basically =) give it time. Rome wasnt built in a day.

I agree with some of what you said..but for different reasons^^ You focus more on recognition for players that want truly Hardcore progression and competition. At the moment its non existent for sure. In both PvE and PvP.

Id say its also true for the social community aswell,theres a serious lack of youtube videos,machinima and general social "vibe". Though you can see the seeds of such things on the fan art sections of these forums already^^ Give it time.

Personally ive been playing MMO's for years,my first one being the original Ultima Online..and im not one for jumping into the Casual vs Hardcore debate.

I personally believe that MMO's need both communities to survive. As said,i agree with you to a certain extent =) But i would also ask that you stick around for a time and give this game some loyalty..stick through the rough times.

Bioware arent blind,deaf and dumb. If you feel so passionately about this game lacking epeen then stick the **** around and keep agitating instead of quitting and going back to the MMO that gives you the pleasure you want.

Thats boring.

I hate saying it again but Rome wasnt built in a day. This is a new MMO and Bioware are new to MMO's aswell...this is time for the community to come together and build up *our* game. And i mean that in loyal gamer sort of way...not the self entitled "i paid money for this game,so its MINE! and everything Bioware does should be to MY personal specifications!" kind of way lol =)

Basically..if you are hardcore player dude,you want competition..i understand that..this game doesnt offer the epeen measuring at the moment...but gosh darn,stick with it none the less. Give it time to grow and be a part of that.

One patch at a time. Maybe next year an expansion? in the meantime,the community grows and evolves,as does this game. The longer people stick with it.

PS "Gosh darn" wasnt my original wording lol hmmm...maybe i should have said..."satans arse"? lol

areto
02.27.2012 , 10:51 PM | #8
I'm a casual myself and I agree.

You need the hardcore element for the community. They generate all the drama which I like to read about and most of the useful guides and maths, which helps out everyone and makes the whole experience much deeper. People always complain about the hardcores and their epeen measuring but if you judge people in terms of their contribution to the community instead of how rude they are the hardcore element tend to be much more helpful and good to other players. Not to mention people damning hardcore players based on their fellow casuals saying things like 'noob ur bad lrn2play.'

"They must be an elitist, they mentioned skill! and he was a noob anyway!"
“People speak sometimes about the "bestial" cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel.”

Sabilok
02.27.2012 , 10:54 PM | #9
The op is spot on and this is what we need. You need th hardcores for th backbone.

MMornard
02.27.2012 , 10:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Apocalypsezero View Post
Loverly, isn't it...