Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

High PVE DPS Class....

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
High PVE DPS Class....

Toogeloo
03.06.2012 , 11:41 AM | #21
Easiest Leveling classes are any class that get's their healer early and is playing as dps with a lot of AoE clearing potential.

I would say these are the top 3.
1. Hunter
2. Trooper
3. Warrior

-Fritz-
03.06.2012 , 11:45 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Toogeloo View Post
Easiest Leveling classes are any class that get's their healer early and is playing as dps with a lot of AoE clearing potential.

I would say these are the top 3.
1. Hunter
2. Trooper
3. Warrior

thats not really true.

you can move through areas much faster with stealth which lets you get the quests done quicker.

while i think the trooper has been pretty easy to level, i dont think it has been any easier than scoundrel was, at all.

honestly my scoundrel has been one of the easiest to level classes ive played, and it gets such a bad rep because its missing some key pvp abilities like a gap closer.

--also healer pets are over rated unless you are fighting elites. if you put good gear on a dps guy you will mow down the enemies faster than they can possibly kill you...

stephenjohnp
03.06.2012 , 01:03 PM | #23
Marauder/Merc/Sorc or Sentinel/Com/Sage.

Toogeloo
03.06.2012 , 02:09 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by -Fritz- View Post
thats not really true.

you can move through areas much faster with stealth which lets you get the quests done quicker.

while i think the trooper has been pretty easy to level, i dont think it has been any easier than scoundrel was, at all.

honestly my scoundrel has been one of the easiest to level classes ive played, and it gets such a bad rep because its missing some key pvp abilities like a gap closer.

--also healer pets are over rated unless you are fighting elites. if you put good gear on a dps guy you will mow down the enemies faster than they can possibly kill you...
They are different forms of easy though. Sure you skip a lot of superfluous grinding, but you don't grind through the bonus quests and regular quests as quickly. What ends up happening is stealth classes actually start having lower levels while getting new content while leveling, making their fights they do tackle a bit more difficult. Amplifying this, since the Stealth classes do not get their healers until later in the game, you have to rest between fights more frequently.

Playing a DPS with good AoE potential or face melt power completely removes downtime since any healing you need is completely negated by your companion's presence.

xirinia
03.06.2012 , 02:09 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenjohnp View Post
Marauder/Merc/Sorc or Sentinel/Com/Sage.
Sorc should not be anywhere near that list, as you've already been told. And PT/Vanguard should be there right next to marauder/sentinel. If you take uptime and movement into account, higher than them

xirinia
03.06.2012 , 02:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by -Fritz- View Post
thats not really true.

With a powertech, you run through the mobs, ignore the hits, and, when you've collected about 15 of them, burn them down. Makes it almost as quick as sneaking by the mobs, gives you quick exp and bonus quests

Cronhour
03.06.2012 , 06:20 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannok View Post
This is the best way to do it no doubt.

As a former active raider on Bloodworthy EU - Semi - Powertech - Inq

I tested this the same way and did 1750 dps without burning cooldown on my 100% end tier PvE geared powertech.

I was always and without any discussion the first to finish this encounter with similar geared guild members of all classes during a 4 week period. We counted the Pyrotech as a melee dps, do to the need for Rocket punch in any given rotation.

the build was 8/6/27 or 7/6/28
would you be able to link those builds please i'm curious to what you took in shield and AP trees and what you dropped in pyro to do so

-Fritz-
03.06.2012 , 06:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by xirinia View Post
With a powertech, you run through the mobs, ignore the hits, and, when you've collected about 15 of them, burn them down. Makes it almost as quick as sneaking by the mobs, gives you quick exp and bonus quests

my trooper is actually higher level than my scoundrel, but its cute you think you need to give me some type of tutorial, lol.

i dont have "proof" any more than other people, but honestly i kill things so fast on my scoundrel and can bypass all the stupid junk with stealth that its literally been the easiest class ive played in the game for pve leveling up.

DarthBloodloss
03.06.2012 , 06:47 PM | #29
Arsenal Merc is at the top tier of damage output along with a couple of other class/specs. But Mercs have high survivability, and a dead DPS doesn't do any damage.

For example, Gharj (HM) has a stomp that can require some melee to back out for a few seconds, losing DPS.

Melee are also likely to take more damage from Bonethrasher due to always being near his cleave area. (Ever been hit by the magical backwards cleave?)

When taking damage from ball lightnings vs Soa, Mercs can self shield and shrug off the lightning where Snipers/Ops are more vulnerable to damage.

During annihilator boss in EV, Mercs are more easily able to stand in AoE heals and DPS thru the missile barrage. Melee have to back out to LOS or get into the AoE heal. Other DPS have to be more aware of their HP.

Operatives don't have a gap closer so when switching targets, they lose a couple seconds of DPS. For example, on Mind Traps on Soa, Carbonizer droids in KP, adds in any fight, etc
Bloodloss Mercenary
DESTROYER OF WORLDS || KEEPER OF SOULS

Humankeg
03.07.2012 , 02:10 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
In my guild raids the melee always put out more damage in the 1v1 over the ranged. I think it goes something like Marauder/Sentinel > Operative/Scoundrel > Jugg/Guardian and Mercenary tie.
Quote: Originally Posted by Stealthy_Monkey View Post
There is no way of currently measuring class performance in pve. Anyone who provides you advice is pulling the numbers out of their ***
I did 1172 dps today on council in HM EV. That is one way of telling (though its still not exact). That was with unlucky procs also. Only a 1min 32 second fight though, standing still.