Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Looka
02.15.2013 , 10:01 PM | #541
120 dollars? I think that's how much it cost anyway for my stupid Darth Malgus statue... here I thought I would "regularly" have access to new and exciting items that would be at least semi-rare and not every slack jawed daffodil that picked up the game at Christmas would have...

Here I am over a year later thinking... damn it.. EA didn't even buy me dinner before they ****ed me.

Cleet_Xia
02.16.2013 , 05:41 AM | #542
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
Im not a CE owner but I feel for you. Real crap.
This issue effects everyone, even those who didn't buy the CE.

It's origin is the same sort of attitude that is behind the lack of any of the smaller updates to game that many people would enjoy - and have been pretty vocal about wanting.

If they're not going to update the CE vender that players paid extra to gain access to, can anyone really expect much of any bells and whistles without paying cash in the CC shop?

If you'd like to see new stuff on..
1) the Belsavis, Voss, or Correlia comm vender ~ because you naturally accumulate those comms
2) the fleet comm vender. ~ maybe a few more of the flight suits worn by NPC's ?
3) the NEW reputation venders ~ right now you can't expect those to be updated
4) new crafting recipes
5) new companion customizations on the venders

I understand the need to make the Cartel shop a priority for the first 8 weeks after it started. But that's been successful, and is working out very well.

Now it is time to start making good on some of the little things that players want.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

EtaTwo
02.16.2013 , 06:07 AM | #543
Quote: Originally Posted by Looka View Post
120 dollars? I think that's how much it cost anyway for my stupid Darth Malgus statue... here I thought I would "regularly" have access to new and exciting items that would be at least semi-rare and not every slack jawed daffodil that picked up the game at Christmas would have...

Here I am over a year later thinking... damn it.. EA didn't even buy me dinner before they ****ed me.
Truer words have never been spoken, sir.

I like to think of myself as a guy that doesn't get angry easily.. But every time I look at that Malgus statue or the CE box collecting dust in my closet I get a little pissed.

Here's to hoping we get something soon.
Well, says No-Bark, what we got here is a Chupacabra with an automatic weapon. And that's when they get real quiet, 'cause now they see the predicament we're in.

Jimsam
02.16.2013 , 08:59 AM | #544
I'd really like to see some armour added that is completely CE unique, and not just an adaptive version of what we have. Something that we can wear and be like "Yeah, i'm a CE owner! Look at my awesome threads!"

Allow me be proud to have supported you early on.
Spoiler

Desolaytore
02.16.2013 , 02:52 PM | #545
Quote: Originally Posted by Jimsam View Post
I'd really like to see some armour added that is completely CE unique, and not just an adaptive version of what we have. Something that we can wear and be like "Yeah, i'm a CE owner! Look at my awesome threads!"

Allow me be proud to have supported you early on.
YES, something that is not a re-color either. A nice fresh new set.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

Cleet_Xia
02.16.2013 , 06:12 PM | #546
Quote: Originally Posted by Desolaytore View Post
YES, something that is not a re-color either. A nice fresh new set.
We can all dream... but if they can't seem to add anything that's not a recolor to the CC shop, it's not very likely that the CE vender will ever get a "fresh new set". Set your sights to high, and you're guaranteed to be disappointed. I'd take recolors over the fat goose egg we've gotten so far.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Nagruf
02.17.2013 , 05:08 AM | #547
SWTOR you are infringement of the Consumer Protection Act, 2007.

This Act sets out, among other things, various rules that apply to claims made about goods and services. In particular this Act protects consumers from misleading advertisements and ensures that trade is fair. Under the Act it is an offence for an advertiser/trader to make false claims about goods, services or prices. All types of communications that promote goods or services are covered by the Act. This includes advertisements, a notice in a shop or even a claim made by a sales assistant about a product or service. EU laws also ensure that misleading advertising is forbidden in all Member States. Under SI 134/1988 (European Communities (Misleading Advertising) Regulations, 1988)

What is 'Misleading Advertising'?

Misleading advertising means advertising that deceives or is likely to deceive anyone that sees it. Misleading advertising may affect consumers’ choices regarding what they buy.

This needs to be addressed by bioware, if you advertise and are still advertising this feature then it must be delivered on.

Osryri
02.17.2013 , 06:24 AM | #548
Quote: Originally Posted by xTekwarx View Post
Bioware said prior to release that yes, they will be adding more things.
Yeah they seemed to have said many things.

Darth__Carnal
02.17.2013 , 07:22 AM | #549
Quote: Originally Posted by Osryri View Post
Yeah they seemed to have said many things.
Which is the number #1 reason why I do not trust the "Expansion" and this new Reputation System.

As a person that purchased the Collection Edition, I was trusting Bioware that they would not take advantage of all the problems that could arise from creating a CE Vendor. I was completely wrong, they did exactly what I hope they would not do. Which is make a CE vendor with only 1 item in it, set a ridiculously high price just to further force us to grind.

I look at the Reputation System and see lots of grinding with little to no payoff. When you finally become a Champion of Gree or a Champion of the Voss, and have grinded your eyes out for months, how much stuff do you think your going to get at the top tier ? and how many items will be updated on a consistent bases to justify the time placed into the system ?

I look at the Rise of the Hutt expansion and see content that should be free, being rehashed and sold to you at a price, and the content is so light that the word, "Expansion" is laughable.

By creating the Collector Vendor, I have seen how low Bioware is willing to go to make a buck. Whether they are slaves to EA or not, their reputation has been hurt significantly by working with them.

Sorry Bioware, but your going to have to grind a lot of Reputation Points to be my "Champion" again.
☾▓║]!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀!▀║▩▓[██████████▓▒░Surrender to Temptation░▒▓███████████)

Alec_Fortescue
02.17.2013 , 12:32 PM | #550
Hi, still waiting for my CE vendor updates. Can we get a word? How about we all start asking about them in the Customer Service section? -_-
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware