Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Deimos_Olympian
02.13.2013 , 09:03 PM | #521
Must say i agree with all CE owners here Bioware you shafted us when are we going to get a update to the CE vendor more than a year without anything you promised us!

I gues you full focus these days are the cartelmarket so you can farm more cash.....

xorcist
02.13.2013 , 10:24 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
My subscription has officially run out. I have zero days left. It won't be renewed until I receive an answer.
Look at my member number. I've been around a very long time Bioware. And this is what I've had to do because you won't give any answers. Now you can sit on it.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

ArsenalJaycen
02.14.2013 , 12:25 PM | #523
**Update**

I got a response from the Advertising Standards Agency

Quote:
YOUR COMPLAINT ABOUT ELECTRONIC ARTS LTD

Thank you for contacting us. I understand from your complaint that you feel this website is misleading because it states that there would be “regular updates” for the Collector’s Edition Store but you feel this has not the case.

As you might know, we regulate some material on companies’ own websites or in other non-paid-for online space under their control. The CAP Code now applies to any online marketing messages or direct appeals for donations in such space. However, some online material remains outside the ASA’s remit, including:

- editorial content

- news or public relations material

- corporate reports

- natural listings on search engines and price comparison sites

- material directed at the financial community (shareholders, investors etc.) and

- “heritage advertising”, i.e. obsolete advertising that it not part of a current campaign and is placed in an appropriate context on the company’s website.

The material that you objected to was a news item and as such is not covered by the Code. We therefore cannot take any action on your complaint.

Additionally, we noted that the article was dated October 2011. I should also let you know that in order to make the best use of our resources we do not assess complaints about marketing material that is older than three months.

I realise you may be disappointed with our response but we would like to thank you nonetheless for taking the time to raise your concerns with us. If you would like more information about our work, please visit our website, www.asa.org.uk.

Yours sincerely

Amy Brennan

Complaints Executive

Direct line 020 7492 2232

Advertising Standards Authority

Mid City Place, 71 High Holborn

London WC1V 6QT

Telephone 020 7492 2222

www.asa.org.uk

Follow us on twitter: @ASA_UK
So I have run out of things to try and do.

JerForceOne
02.14.2013 , 01:10 PM | #524
from a business standpoint it makes no sense not to support it. if people pay extra, then you support them and they will likely pay extra in the future. Unfortunately, by the time everyone has figured out that they do not deliver and go F2P and boycott the cartel market, it will probably be too late. They will have to do what other MMOs have done and start laying off developers who could support CE items.

JerForceOne
02.14.2013 , 01:12 PM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by ArsenalJaycen View Post
**Update**

I got a response from the Advertising Standards Agency

So I have run out of things to try and do.
I think she misspelled "realize".

JediMB
02.14.2013 , 01:19 PM | #526
Quote: Originally Posted by JerForceOne View Post
I think she misspelled "realize".
British English.
The Morrowbringer Legacy The Red Eclipse (PvE) [EU]
Deep into that darkness peering, you reach out your hand and grasp what you are searching for.
Now ring the bells that sweep away the darkness; the bells that beckon tomorrow's dawn.

Styxx
02.14.2013 , 01:25 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by JerForceOne View Post
from a business standpoint it makes no sense not to support it. if people pay extra, then you support them and they will likely pay extra in the future. Unfortunately, by the time everyone has figured out that they do not deliver and go F2P and boycott the cartel market, it will probably be too late. They will have to do what other MMOs have done and start laying off developers who could support CE items.
They fully knew that the only selling points were hype, promises and "limited" preorders. Now, buyers get what they bargained for.. a bald statue and a holo-stripper...

Now, their priority is the Cartel Market, not the VIP vendor...
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

agilmore
02.14.2013 , 03:25 PM | #528
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
Yes please. I would LOVE to see where they said they'd update it every month. As far as I know, that time frame was never mentioned. I'm not saying they don't owe us more than we got, but I'd be happy with an update for every major patch.
Regular updates is all they said, but regular means to occur at specific intervals. For example regular meals (several a day), regular bowel movement (once a day), regular menstrual cycle (once a month), regular earnings reports (quarterly), regular anniversary (yearly), and regular elections (predetermined legally set multiyear terms). They've missed most possibilities by a large amount, and yearly by a small amount. I would settle for quarterly, but still would have expected them to mean monthly.

Cleet_Xia
02.14.2013 , 04:53 PM | #529
sort this forum by views and this thread comes up on page 13 out of 4470 pages of threads, sorted by replies it's on page 14 ~ it's drfting to the top of the pile.......

this needs to be added to the SWOT analysis of SWTOR:

Strengths: "Freemium" service is maintaining healthy server population levels for most of the player base to enjoy. Game features have been expanded dramatically since launch. +67% increase in the number of "endgame" ad libitum PvE & PvP areas. Content is well recieved, based on player participation. A stable base of subscribers is established. The conversion rate of freemium players into subscription is acceptable. The cartel market is tapping additional revenues from many subscription holders.

Weaknesses: The average tenure of many subscribers does not fit with initial projections, and the rate of conversion to subscription has not been optimized. An atmosphere of mistrust has developed between the player base and the devs at BW Austin. This impacts all marketing efforts negatively, by encouraging an unfavorable interpretation of all information presented to the potential customer. It discourages converstion to subscription. It discourages long term term subscription purchase, and encourages cyclical temporary subscription. All of which negatively influence the decision to purchase vanity items through the microtransaction shop.

Opportunities: Updating the CE vender could entice CE holders who have stopped playing to return to the game. It is doubtful anyone who bought the CE is particularly concerned about the cost of a subscrption fee. This could potentially impact subscription revenue, and allow the game to move back toward a more balanced composition of revenue sources. CE holders are consumers who have demonstrated disposable income. Access to the disposable income of CE holders who are not currently subscribed, will almost certainly boost microtransaction shop revenue. Regularly updating the CE vender was the first promise broken to SWTOR consumers, has had the longest time to create ill will in the community, and represents a least cost oportunity to rectify some part of the negative brand image of BW Austin & SWTOR.

Threats: Continuing to ignore this issue will likely continue to convert rabid fans into vocal critics, until all CE holders have unsubscribed. If the CE vender is not updated, a majority of CE holders may never again purchase a CE product from either BW or EA. Unsold retail copies of the CE may never be sold, and retail outlets may become unwilling to carry BW or SWTOR branded CE products in the future. The SWTOR CE experience could negatively impact the marketability of any future CE, BW, or SWTOR products.

Maybe if it's in bean-counter English EA management will be able to appreciate what the long term problem is.
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~

Cleet_Xia
02.14.2013 , 05:16 PM | #530
check this out....

Under #3 where it's talking about ingame currency.....

"; and in Knights of the Old Republic, it's buyer's remorse"

http://www.cracked.com/article_20283...eal-world.html
~Master Telagtun Telag of Lord Calypho~