Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Collectors edition vendor

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kalbin
02.01.2013 , 06:10 PM | #321
/signed

We need an update on the CE store. The idea of putting mission terminals, GTN etc etc in the VIP room is a great idea that would at least keep some of us happy. Please do something!

Desolaytore
02.01.2013 , 06:44 PM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroOneNine View Post
Let me check -- Hey Georg, has there been any official response?

Well... glad we've settled that
LOL.... too bad that was ages ago and still hasnt been an update... next time he better post a date or something.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

ArsenalJaycen
02.01.2013 , 07:11 PM | #323
I have stuck in an enquiry at the Trading Standards in the UK to see if Bioware / EA has broken UK Law and I am waiting for a reply.

I listed the complaint as false advertising , and breach of contract due to having already paid for the service and Bioware not updating the CE vendor.

-IceHawk-
02.01.2013 , 07:15 PM | #324
Bioware already has your money.

What in the last year has any of you convinced they value you as customers and will provide content based on already received revenue? If anything the unaltered pattern of the last few months has been specifically Bioware's attempt to extract more money from its current subscribers.

Collector's Edition Owners, you were exploited and the company is not going to put anything in the CE Shop that it could otherwise charge Cartel Coins for and market to everyone.

But remember, new content is coming and it is only $10.00!

Desolaytore
02.01.2013 , 07:38 PM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Bioware already has your money.

What in the last year has any of you convinced they value you as customers and will provide content based on already received revenue? If anything the unaltered pattern of the last few months has been specifically Bioware's attempt to extract more money from its current subscribers.

Collector's Edition Owners, you were exploited and the company is not going to put anything in the CE Shop that it could otherwise charge Cartel Coins for and market to everyone.

But remember, new content is coming and it is only $10.00!
Sadly this, kind of weird seeing armor sets on CM for $18 and the RoTHC for only $10...
But then again we did say they should atleast make a CE section on the CM instead of just doing nothing
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One

althene
02.02.2013 , 01:52 AM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
Well, that quote is fine and dandy IF nothing was being updated. Unfortunately that isn't the case. They have demonstrated that they can update the game with new items regularly. Not surprisingly, they have chosen to update only the part of the game that creates continuous new revenue for them. Under the consumer protection act, that is not ok. If regular updates are possible for the CE vendor, but they have chosen to re-route those items to something that can create revenue for them instead, while leaving the CE vendor bare? That is a violation, A big one! And no "Terms and conditions subject to change without notice" is permitted to be applied. It's a loophole that only works if they demonstrate they cannot update the game with new items regularly. The problem is, they've already shown us it can be. But they've chosen to ignore the CE vendor all this time until further notice. Revisiting the secondary vendors at some point down the road?? (speaking about the CE vendor) Uh no. It's a primary as far as our consumer rights are concerned. And rights don't care about your new revenue if you don't update the CE vendor. Capiche Bioware? That is not a good enough reason by a long shot, to convince the authorities they have not violated the agreement after we purchased the Collectors Edition. Even using the quote on their side as a defense.
While I agree with you in premis, I have to disagree on scope.

I just don't think it's that big a deal and I don't think they've broken the law here. They've certainly broken our trust, but I believe you'd find it hard to build a case for it in any court. If you can, by all means, please do. I'd like nothing better than to see some new vendor goods and perhaps be reimbursed for part of my CE expense. I just think there are more pressing matters for them to attend to what with almost failing completely. And while it does seem to be a disservice to CE buyers to have all these cartel reskins and the like, I'd still rather see new and quality items in my exclusive vendor than phased out cartel goods. Which means I'd want to expect some fairly bada** sh*t once (if) things are added. But again, something is always better than nothing.

Alec_Fortescue
02.02.2013 , 08:45 AM | #327
Isn't the "terms and conditions..." bit related to the license of use, not actual content promised on the box?
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

LordSkyKnight
02.02.2013 , 09:25 AM | #328
They might be able to get away with it and some might feel what they did with the CE is minor but I shall never forget what happened.

Also another thing that was mentioned in this thread was the fact that the CE box was supposed to be a limited quantity edition. Sure enough a couple months in they started printing extra boxes at a fraction of the price, that was a major burn right there. Because of that I will never buy any special bullcrap edition for any game anymore in the future period.

althene
02.02.2013 , 12:22 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Isn't the "terms and conditions..." bit related to the license of use, not actual content promised on the box?
Yes, however the license of use applies to everything within the game, including the extras from the CE vendor.

One of the posters above looks like they're looking into the false advertising angle and I wish him luck in his endevors. I think he'll hit this legal loophole or something similar, but I really hope he doesn't. It appears EAWare is only motivated to do something quickly when there's a direct impact on their cash flow, as can be seen by the speed of the f2p conversion and the number of cartel store updates.

Desolaytore
02.02.2013 , 02:12 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by LordSkyKnight View Post
They might be able to get away with it and some might feel what they did with the CE is minor but I shall never forget what happened.

Also another thing that was mentioned in this thread was the fact that the CE box was supposed to be a limited quantity edition. Sure enough a couple months in they started printing extra boxes at a fraction of the price, that was a major burn right there. Because of that I will never buy any special bullcrap edition for any game anymore in the future period.
Which is total BS, and at discount... **** EA