Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marriage and kids?

SNEAKYSIX
02.24.2012 , 03:20 AM | #71
This has always been a dream concept to have a legacy version of a game. That just like the sims you have a lifespan. Unless you become a Jedi master and live hundreds of years, the only other way to play the game would be to have a linage or legacy. The quests would halt once your toon dies the story line would continue as your young infant grew to become eligable to play. The dialogue would evolve and change to 'just like your father/mother did before you we need this resolved, young jedi'....... blah blah,, I dunno its lots of work and viables. Doable all the same.

This would be awesome, a game so vast it grew with you and techs change with development, the path you laid before as a parent changes the world you grow up in. Faction alignments change and so on..

Anyway back to topic...

Juggling the plight of parenthood in the current game format would be tough,.. contanstly having to go home to nurish kids would be grinding as the missions itself. maybe
You've never heard of the Millennium Falcon?... It's the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs."

sparklecat
02.24.2012 , 10:21 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Yermog View Post
I feel like they need to add a story arc that involves your marriage, legal or otherwise, getting you or your spouse into trouble, either with the Jedi Counsel, or an enemy using him/her as bait, or something like that. After the marriage and/or kid conversation, there's not much else that happens with your character and companion.
Yeah, I wanna see our romanced companions get kidnapped, and we have to approach and work with someone on the other side to get them back. Put our personal feelings in conflict with our loyalty to our faction. And our desire for our own safety, for those who don't have much of the former.

Lara_Nilsson
02.24.2012 , 03:38 PM | #73
Well, I'm really into kids with Torian (I'm playing human, so no problems here), but first I'd like to have someting after the last talk with him. I get the love letters, but Torian's the only thing keeping me from just uninstalling the game due to constant crashes, so...

Apart from this, I think Torian would make a great father - more than my BH, whom I'd imagine rather snappy. For some reason I imagine them having a baby girl. I don't know why, but if feels more challenging. And I imagine Torian with this little blond/redhead girl in his arms, telling her war-time stories as bed-time tales.

Hm, I haven't been writing in years but fan-ficion here I come!
What is life?
It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a bantha in the wintertime.
It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

Ashu-ri
02.24.2012 , 08:09 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiralai View Post
Some companions will bring up adoption if you're separate races? That's interesting. I had no idea. I guess I assumed that since Sith "purebloods" and humans could reproduce that a majority of the humanoid races could do the same.

Any examples of a pair that brings up adoption rather than conception?
Jorgan, who is Cathar, brought up adoption with my human. I assumed that since we were able to do the deed, we would be able to reproduce. But maybe that line is in there because there are no playable cathar?

Ashu-ri
02.24.2012 , 08:11 PM | #75
I feel like they need to add a story arc that involves your marriage, legal or otherwise, getting you or your spouse into trouble, either with the Jedi Counsel, or an enemy using him/her as bait, or something like that. After the marriage and/or kid conversation, there's not much else that happens with your character and companion.
I know that after Iresso and I got engaged, he got a phone call from the council on Tython interrogating him.

Yermog
02.24.2012 , 08:38 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Ashu-ri View Post
Jorgan, who is Cathar, brought up adoption with my human. I assumed that since we were able to do the deed, we would be able to reproduce. But maybe that line is in there because there are no playable cathar?
Although many races in the Star Wars universe are humanoid, and therefore physically compatible for intercourse, they are still of different species. A human and a Cather possess completely different types of DNA, and so children born naturally from the two of them would be impossible. There are only three species that I know of who can reproduce with humans: the Echani (an example is the Handmaiden from Kotor II), Miralukans (I think, since they're very close to humans), and the Sith Pureblood (and they can only do it with the help of science). Any other races are too incompatible with each other.

darthisraphel
02.24.2012 , 11:13 PM | #77
Although many races in the Star Wars universe are humanoid, and therefore physically compatible for intercourse, they are still of different species. A human and a Cather possess completely different types of DNA, and so children born naturally from the two of them would be impossible. There are only three species that I know of who can reproduce with humans: the Echani (an example is the Handmaiden from Kotor II), Miralukans (I think, since they're very close to humans), and the Sith Pureblood (and they can only do it with the help of science). Any other races are too incompatible with each other.
humans and twi'leks are possible same with humans and zabraks and i'm not sure but i think humans and ratataki

JCommando
02.24.2012 , 11:15 PM | #78
I'm pretty sure its entirely possible for a human and a sith to breed. Weren't the original sith bred with the dark jedi outcasts to create the sith today?
Daltron Hellfire Ω Lord of the Sith
Death Star PR Department
Keller's Void
I like Darth Nox. He uses teh force and doesn't afraid of anything.

Cythereal
02.24.2012 , 11:20 PM | #79
Echani may or may not be able to reproduce with humans. The Handmaiden's mother is strongly implied to have been Echani as well, she just wasn't the mother of the Handmaiden's other siblings.

That said, I'm not to that conversation yet but Aric and the Trooper may talk adoption as an alternative to taking the Trooper out of action for a while on maternity leave.

Yermog
02.25.2012 , 03:10 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by darthisraphel View Post
humans and twi'leks are possible same with humans and zabraks and i'm not sure but i think humans and ratataki
It's possible to sleep with them, not actually have children with them. Twil'leks and Zabraks are too different. I've never heard of a ratataki-human child, so I'm fairly certain it's not possible to reproduce with them either.