Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the least played Empire Class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
What is the least played Empire Class?

Elisaveta
03.18.2013 , 11:36 AM | #21
I hardly see any BHs
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.
Carl Sagan

Mistress_Ivi
03.20.2013 , 11:10 AM | #22
On Jung Ma... I'd say "Tanks" in general are of low population, specifically powertechs - as most seem to favour DPS.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

LordExozone
03.20.2013 , 11:21 AM | #23
On my server:

1. Powertechs (least played, only around 20-30 online usually)
2. Mercenaries (only around 30-40 online usually)
3. Operatives (only around 40-50 online usually)
4. Snipers (about 60-90 online usually)
5. All the Sith classes are pretty much always 100+
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

badkratos
03.21.2013 , 06:02 AM | #24
I'm always curious why there are so few powertechs, it's on of the best/strongest class especially in PVP but in PVE also, with lots of instant abbilities, easiet to lvl due to first healing companion.

spectreclees
03.21.2013 , 06:40 AM | #25
Sith Beastmasters

Uvirith
03.21.2013 , 07:07 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by badkratos View Post
I'm always curious why there are so few powertechs, it's on of the best/strongest class especially in PVP but in PVE also, with lots of instant abbilities, easiet to lvl due to first healing companion.
Because 1 Blasterpistol is pretty underwhelming in terms of coolness.
Oh, and Powertechs are getting mocked all the time, ingame or in this forum for being a noobclass, easy to play in PvE and roflstomp in PvP. Nobody wants to get insulted just because he plays a class others consider a noobclass.
Uviryth Hammerhand, Kinetic Combat-Shadow
<Founder>

ChewyYui
03.21.2013 , 08:14 AM | #27
Get to lvl 50 with a basic class, then you wont have to worry about all those other people, the same class as you, ruining your experience
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

Tamanous
03.21.2013 , 02:24 PM | #28
I tend to check /who on fleet often simply for curiosity sakes.

I nearly always find the following trend (on my Imp main):

Powertech ... least played
Operative ... second least played
Sniper ... 3rd least played

Also some people saying sorcs are least played are trolling hardcore ... HARDCORE! They are nearly the only healer top raiders take with them. They are a dime a dozen.

LordExozone
03.21.2013 , 09:05 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by badkratos View Post
1. They don't use a lightsaber and/or spew force lightning.
2. Their single tiny pistol is a visual turn-off.
3. No stealth (nor any escape tools).
4. The amazing PVP/PvE class blahblahblah you've been hearing about is just one of their trees, the Pyrotech one, which is incredibly boring to play. The other dps tree, Advanced Prototype, is okey-ish but much harder to play effectively and less effective than the much easier Pyrotech, and finally the tanking tree, Shieldtech, is just terrible in PvP.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

Slifar
03.24.2013 , 02:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by LordExozone View Post
4. The amazing PVP/PvE class blahblahblah you've been hearing about is just one of their trees, the Pyrotech one, which is incredibly boring to play. The other dps tree, Advanced Prototype, is okey-ish but much harder to play effectively and less effective than the much easier Pyrotech, and finally the tanking tree, Shieldtech, is just terrible in PvP.
PvP Shieldtechs actually do quite a bit.... For their team, at least. They can take a ton of hits before dying, can Guard (Which effectively DOUBLES someone's hp, which is pretty significant) and possess a lot of control and team-wide damage mitigation, and can stick to targets fairly effectively.

Heck, as long as you don't get CC locked you can even 1v1 a lot people as well, since you still keep pretty respectable PvP DPS in addition to your tankiness.

But no, mostly it's just how easy it is for you to keep someone alive. Tanking in PvP is an unsung hero. Like healing, it increases effective health of a person. And on top of that, it also increases the effectiveness of further healing since your guarded targets lifebar goes twice as far. Seriously, I cannot stress enough how effective this is. I've been able to just stick to a friendly Sorcerer, and the two of us have just wrecked people. Throw a healer in the backlines and things just get scary.

Also, due to how rare it is to see tanks in PvP compared with other things, you have this nice side effect of people trying to kill you as opposed to your squishier teammates, which often makes things go nicely in your teams favor, because, surprise, tanks take FOREVER to kill!

EDIT: Tanking also gives some pretty easy medals in WZ's as well. Simply mitigate 10k damage in a single life and watch 3 free medals pop up. You also get kill medals pretty easily as well, since some of your damage mitigation (Flame Sweep with Combust, for example) do damage, sometimes in AoE, and most of your control does as well. And you'll be in the thick of things almost constantly with plenty of opportunity to hit stuff.