Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Ahsoka Tano.... What do you think?

ReiKai
09.04.2012 , 05:37 PM | #21
I like Ahsoka and this isn't the first series to show age progression (it's actually fairly common in anime. Dragonball is an excellent reference. Goku started off as a kid and gradually grew up over many years and we could see him getting taller, filling out more, etc etc.). More than physically, Ahsoka has matured mentally as well. She has learned well from her mistakes and points out those than Anakin is making based on his own feelings.

So far as he has not been made out to be stronger than the Masters. And if people think that's somehow uncommon in SW, it isn't. Feck, look at SWTOR. Consular goes from Padawan to Knight to Master inside a few months and becomes one of the top Force Users of the time. Bane became stronger than his masters (who, really, were all pushovers except Kas'im). It's a common occurrence with Main Characters that they tend to become as strong, if not stronger, than their teachers.

However, Ahsoka has not displayed any such sign of being an uber-powerful Jedi. Strong? Yes, but that comes with being a major player in the continuing story. As far as that goes, she will become as strong as she needs to be given the situations she is put in, but may never reach Anakin's level.

As for Darth Maul. Well look, we've had Sith who've survived as a head in a jar. Maul with robot legs isn't that big of a stretch.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

alricka
09.06.2012 , 08:24 AM | #22
I think Ahsoka is adorable. She and the mercenary Cad Bane are wonderful EU characters that the show created.

With that in mind I'm not sure I like the principle behind her addition to the lore. She has practically become like a sister to Anakin and fairly close to Obi-Wan and Padme. Considering that, it's extremely immersion-breaking to know that she wasn't even created as a character by the time the PT ended. It's just so obvious that she is an afterthought and that they will come with some insanely convoluted reason to explain why nobody mentions her in Episode 3

But the character herself is likeable.

Wolfninjajedi
09.06.2012 , 08:28 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by alricka View Post
I think Ahsoka is adorable. She and the mercenary Cad Bane are wonderful EU characters that the show created.

With that in mind I'm not sure I like the principle behind her addition to the lore. She has practically become like a sister to Anakin and fairly close to Obi-Wan and Padme. Considering that, it's extremely immersion-breaking to know that she wasn't even created as a character by the time the PT ended. It's just so obvious that she is an afterthought and that they will come with some insanely convoluted reason to explain why nobody mentions her in Episode 3

This is why, it would be a pivotal moment for Anakin and only drive him further towards the darkside in protecting the ones that he love. It would be even worse, if Anakin is forced to kill her.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
09.06.2012 , 08:35 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
This is why, it would be a pivotal moment for Anakin and only drive him further towards the darkside in protecting the ones that he love. It would be even worse, if Anakin is forced to kill her.
I think Sidious should turn her to the Dark Side, forcing Anakin to kill her. It wouldn't be hard to turn her. And Anakin killling her would send him further down the path to darkness.

And him killing her would explain why she isn't mentioned in ROTS. You know how he doesn't like to talk about the bad things he's done.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

BlazingShadow
09.06.2012 , 09:09 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by JediRios View Post
So i have tried to get into watching clone wars
Do or do not, there is no try.

On the other hand, there is no doing with your goal either. Watching and liking the new Clone Wars series is like trying to lose weight on a diet of Pixie Sticks, it just doesn't... doesn't work. The only reason any of us watch it is because it's Star Wars, and on TV, therefore a chore for any good star wars fan to perform.

Ahsoka Tano is like... like... like that music scene in the updated version of episode 6, she's just... unnecessary.

BlazingShadow
09.06.2012 , 09:14 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by alricka View Post

Thank GOD she was an afterthought, imagine if they added her to Episode 3, she would be like Gen. Grievous, just an unecessary addition (cool or not) that has a shelf life of about an hour until the movie ends, except she wouldn't have been in an awesome cartoon shown before the movie... just a terribad digital cartoon added afterwards to keep Star Wars alive to the little kids.

Sneakycheeks
09.06.2012 , 10:17 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I think Sidious should turn her to the Dark Side, forcing Anakin to kill her. It wouldn't be hard to turn her. And Anakin killling her would send him further down the path to darkness.

And him killing her would explain why she isn't mentioned in ROTS. You know how he doesn't like to talk about the bad things he's done.
Well if you remember..in, I believe it was, season four..Ahsoka has a vision of her future self...who warns her that she might never see her future if she continues to stay by Anakin's side. So I think its safe to say that the creators and writers of the show have something in mind to explain why there is no mention of her in ROTS.

ReiKai
09.06.2012 , 10:46 AM | #28
I think something happens for this season. I can only imagine one of two things right now.

A) Anakin, Ahsoka and Obi-Wan come under attack by Darth Maul and Savage Oppress. Ahsoka intercepts a killing blow from Savage meant for Anakin and is instead killed by it rather than parrying it. In a rage Anakin tries to break passed Maul to get to Savage, however in a rare hate-filled moment, Obi-Wan attacks and kills Savage. Which, in turn, drives Maul into a rage, bringing the remaining three into a stalemate until something happens and Maul is forced to retreat and once more swear his revenge against Obi-Wan.

B) Anakin does something, acting in a blind rage, and kills someone in front of Ahsoka. She is so shocked, disgusted and confused by what she witnessed that she seeks guidance from the Jedi Council, only to have them Forgive Anakin's actions, which only confuses her further and drives her to lose faith in the Jedi she had believed to be about Justice and honesty, and faith in her master Anakin, and leaves the Jedi Order for parts unknown.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?

Aurbere
09.06.2012 , 11:18 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Sneakycheeks View Post
Well if you remember..in, I believe it was, season four..Ahsoka has a vision of her future self...who warns her that she might never see her future if she continues to stay by Anakin's side. So I think its safe to say that the creators and writers of the show have something in mind to explain why there is no mention of her in ROTS.
They had better find some way to end the tale of Ahsoka. No matter what that ending is. So long as it makes sense when it comes to ROTS.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Malrus
09.06.2012 , 06:42 PM | #30
I really don't think they will kill her off.

I think for the last TCW episode they make it should be based during the events of ROTS. So they can fill it out a bit more and Ahsoka's fate could be revealed in that episode.