Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Vader vs Revan


Darth_Malevolent's Avatar


Darth_Malevolent
02.17.2012 , 04:41 PM | #21
I dont care anymore.... even though I think Vader is lousy and is just built up to be the second most powerful Sith of all time, said by Lucas who, dur, created him.... shocker, Swtor ruinded Revan in the Foundry and I just think he's pathetic now and so anticlimatic for the hero that started the series...... Revan to me is a sissy now, Vader would tear him apart, probably tell him his boot is unbuckled and throw him down a mile long shaft... usually his MO
The Dark Side is Omnipotent in this one

adventurethis's Avatar


adventurethis
02.18.2012 , 10:03 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post
In the books, he got rid of many Admirals and Captains.


Anyway, for this thread I just have to say:

Don't use the OT movies in a Vader vs fight. Its 1970s, the books on the other hand make Vader more modern.

And don't disclaim the books, its a Movie Character vs an EU character.
Why not,

George Lucas cannon > everything else.. you cannot dispute what happens in the movies, they are cannon.

Fact is Vader lost a hand, took a glancing blow to his shoulder and then took a force lightning..and as you can tell by the wheezing sound he makes afterwards..his life support on his suit was damaged...not surprisingly he died shortly thereafter.

Revan deflected a force attack so powerful the sith lord was disintegrated, and when fighting the Emperor, he was hit with a more powerful version of that same attack..so powerful in fact it melted his metal armor to his face, revan survived because he force healed himself.

Vader = single force lighting + no force heal + damage life support = dead
revan = uber force attack = armor melted to his body + force heal = survived

pre mustafar Vader > Revan, but clearly Revan > post mustafar Vader

Makoto_Shishio's Avatar


Makoto_Shishio
02.18.2012 , 11:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by adventurethis View Post
Why not,

George Lucas cannon > everything else.. you cannot dispute what happens in the movies, they are cannon.

Fact is Vader lost a hand, took a glancing blow to his shoulder and then took a force lightning..and as you can tell by the wheezing sound he makes afterwards..his life support on his suit was damaged...not surprisingly he died shortly thereafter.

Revan deflected a force attack so powerful the sith lord was disintegrated, and when fighting the Emperor, he was hit with a more powerful version of that same attack..so powerful in fact it melted his metal armor to his face, revan survived because he force healed himself.

Vader = single force lighting + no force heal + damage life support = dead
revan = uber force attack = armor melted to his body + force heal = survived

pre mustafar Vader > Revan, but clearly Revan > post mustafar Vader
Canon fact also stated that vader held back against luke the entire time And he took force lightning from Sidious, whose powers are 100 times far stronger than Vitiates.


I guess Mace windu is another slow duelist considering that vader and luke moved at a faster pace in the fight in ROTJ by your logic, not to mention that your precious Revan was knocked into a coma pre kotor by a tiny blast.

And you DO know that post mustafar Vader could easily choke someone millions of lightyears away, lift 100 tons of metal with the force, casually flicked aside a jedi that tore an entire space station apart?
Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not available in your region

havok_bloodcraft's Avatar


havok_bloodcraft
02.19.2012 , 12:15 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Makoto_Shishio View Post
Canon fact also stated that vader held back against luke the entire time And he took force lightning from Sidious, whose powers are 100 times far stronger than Vitiates.


I guess Mace windu is another slow duelist considering that vader and luke moved at a faster pace in the fight in ROTJ by your logic, not to mention that your precious Revan was knocked into a coma pre kotor by a tiny blast.

And you DO know that post mustafar Vader could easily choke someone millions of lightyears away, lift 100 tons of metal with the force, casually flicked aside a jedi that tore an entire space station apart?
Red: There is no such statement to that effect. there is only a statement from GL that palpatine was the strongest but there were only ever 5 sith as far as GL knows or cares. So when talking about EU characters you have to look at facts.

Palpatine never learned to extend his life with the force. Thus the need to clone himself.

Vitiate was over 1000 years old and could make other people immortal also.

Palpatine was unable to recruit luke or galen and couldn't enforce loyalty in vader.

Vitiate ruled over thousands of sith for 1000 years as the supreme ruler of all sith.

Palpatine was able to transferhis consciousness to a specially made clone.

Vitiate could possess people outright through astral projection while keeping his real body alive.

so tell me again how palpatine was "100 times far stronger" (which is very bad grammar) or more powerful than vitiate.

_Zorth_'s Avatar


_Zorth_
02.19.2012 , 12:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by havok_bloodcraft View Post
Red: There is no such statement to that effect. there is only a statement from GL that palpatine was the strongest but there were only ever 5 sith as far as GL knows or cares. So when talking about EU characters you have to look at facts.


There is a statement where he says that in his SW universe, nothing happens afterwords. 2 universes, One where the movies happen and that's it, The other one where all of the EU happens.

When making EU char vs. Movie char threads you gotta count all EU.

And you should really read the Dark Empire series, Luke states there that Vader couldäve killed him if he wanted to.


Palpatine never learned to extend his life with the force. Thus the need to clone himself.


Here you go!

He mastered Essence Transfer, A force ability that allowed you to trnasfer your essence into another host body, Yes he needed clones but he didn't need the power of old relics and other sith lords.


Vitiate was over 1000 years old and could make other people immortal also.


With the help of old relics and the power of 100's of other sith lords..


Palpatine was unable to recruit luke or galen and couldn't enforce loyalty in vader.


Yet he created the GE, that purged 99% of the Jedi order and ruled the entire galaxy for over 20 years..


Vitiate ruled over thousands of sith for 1000 years as the supreme ruler of all sith.


Did he rule the entire galaxy?
No..

Did he destroy 99% of the jedi order?
No..


Palpatine was able to transferhis consciousness to a specially made clone.

Vitiate could possess people outright through astral projection while keeping his real body alive.


Being near Palpatine could make you fall to the dark, He is some sort of Dark Side Nexus. Just being in his presence makes you nearly fall..

Could Vitiate do that?


so tell me again how palpatine was "100 times far stronger" (which is very bad grammar) or more powerful than vitiate.

Could Vitiate..

Create wormholes with the force?
Fry planets with force lightning?
Destroy starfleets with the force?
Drain planets of lives?
Mind wipe the entire population of Coruscant?

Do the above WITHOUT the help of relics, ancient artifacts or teh power of other sith lords?

Read, Dark Empire series..
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

havok_bloodcraft's Avatar


havok_bloodcraft
02.19.2012 , 12:57 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post


Originally Posted by havok_bloodcraft
Red: There is no such statement to that effect. there is only a statement from GL that palpatine was the strongest but there were only ever 5 sith as far as GL knows or cares. So when talking about EU characters you have to look at facts.


There is a statement where he says that in his SW universe, nothing happens afterwords. 2 universes, One where the movies happen and that's it, The other one where all of the EU happens.

When making EU char vs. Movie char threads you gotta count all EU.

And you should really read the Dark Empire series, Luke states there that Vader couldäve killed him if he wanted to.


Palpatine never learned to extend his life with the force. Thus the need to clone himself.


Here you go!

He mastered Essence Transfer, A force ability that allowed you to trnasfer your essence into another host body, Yes he needed clones but he didn't need the power of old relics and other sith lords.
you did not adress the fact he was dieng because he couldn't extend his life


Vitiate was over 1000 years old and could make other people immortal also.


With the help of old relics and the power of 100's of other sith lords..


Palpatine was unable to recruit luke or galen and couldn't enforce loyalty in vader.


Yet he created the GE, that purged 99% of the Jedi order and ruled the entire galaxy for over 20 years..


Vitiate ruled over thousands of sith for 1000 years as the supreme ruler of all sith.


Did he rule the entire galaxy?
No..

Did he destroy 99% of the jedi order?
No..


Palpatine was able to transferhis consciousness to a specially made clone.

Vitiate could possess people outright through astral projection while keeping his real body alive.


Being near Palpatine could make you fall to the dark, He is some sort of Dark Side Nexus. Just being in his presence makes you nearly fall..

Then why couldn't he recruit galen or luke?


Could Vitiate do that? Yes That is how Revan fell


so tell me again how palpatine was "100 times far stronger" (which is very bad grammar) or more powerful than vitiate.
Could Vitiate..

Create wormholes with the force? Probably
Fry planets with force lightning? Almost definitely since nihilus and many others from vitiate's time who were weaker could kill whole planets and even revan did so.
Destroy starfleets with the force? Again Probably it's not hard size doesn't matter in the force if you can destroy a vase you can destroy a starship.
Drain planets of lives? Yes that's how vitiat became immortal
Mind wipe the entire population of Coruscant? no need he could just kill them.

Do the above WITHOUT the help of relics, ancient artifacts or teh power of other sith lords?
Palpatine couldn't Destroy 99% of the jedi without the power of other sith lords so failed argument

Read, Dark Empire series.. Rather Not read another pile of crap that just does what every sequel does add more powers and bigger explosions and more sex appeal.
So uh next time how about responding below instead of trying to block your responses from being quoted because I will bring it here anyways. And maybe move on with your dreams of palps was better the end. because the title doesn't say revan vs sideous or vitiate vs sideous or vader vs sideous or vader vs vitiate or sideous vs vitiate. This is REVAN Vs. VADER.

If you wanna add new people to the equation the Galen Marek and vader and revan lose to him so face otherwise keep it to vader and revan

_Zorth_'s Avatar


_Zorth_
02.19.2012 , 01:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by havok_bloodcraft View Post
So uh next time how about responding below instead of trying to block your responses from being quoted because I will bring it here anyways.


Good to know.


And maybe move on with your dreams of palps was better the end.


He is canonically the most powerful sith lord to ever exist..
Ignoring that fact shows how much knowledge of the StarWars lore you got.


because the title doesn't say revan vs sideous or vitiate vs sideous or vader vs sideous or vader vs vitiate or sideous vs vitiate.


Then stop bringing in new people to defend your precious Revan, or to make Vader look weak. You brought in Starkiller, who has nothing to do with this discussion.


This is REVAN Vs. VADER.


Good to know.


If you wanna add new people to the equation the Galen Marek and vader and revan lose to him so face otherwise keep it to vader and revan


No, nobody else besides Revan & Vader.. Revan lost in the last thread. Then you brought in Starkiller saying how he would beast on both of them just because you lost your argument, somehow we got Sidious in again.

I don't even know what you are trying to argue here, Are you trying to say that Starkiller wins over Vader?

That Sidious is weaker than Vitiate?

That Revan is stronger than Vader?

I'll ask you one last time..

Could Vitiatie do any of these things WIHTOUT the power of 100's of other sith lords?

Drain planets of life?

He had tons of help, plus he couldn't control himself. Palpatine kept his ability under control, Vitiate was planning to consume the galaxy.. talk about control.

Create wormhoels with the force?

No, he never did that, there is no point where he does it in his life time. You saying "probably" doesn't change that fact.

Fry planets with lightning?

No other sith lord has done that..

Mind wipe trillions of people?

No, he couldn't do that.. takes alot more focus and power to actually erase trillions of people's minds instead of just eating them.

Palpatine had 1 sith lord helping him, 1 sith lord that lead the attack on the jedi temple. Rest were clone troops killing jedi, Still it was him behind it all, He planned what was gonna happen.

You could say that Vitiate planned his power stealing ritual carefully and therefore is legit, But Palpatine never enhanced his powers, His goal was to kill the jedi and took over the galaxy, Vitiate's goal was to enhance his powers a little bit so he could consume a planet. Something Palpatine could already do without any buffs.

Vitiate had the help of 100's of other sith lords in his ritual JUST to extend his life..
Big difference between 1 & 100.

Back to topic, Vader wins.
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

havok_bloodcraft's Avatar


havok_bloodcraft
02.19.2012 , 03:38 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post

I'll ask you one last time..

Could Vitiatie do any of these things WIHTOUT the power of 100's of other sith lords?

Drain planets of life?

He had tons of help, plus he couldn't control himself. Palpatine kept his ability under control, Vitiate was planning to consume the galaxy.. talk about control.

Create wormhoels with the force?

No, he never did that, there is no point where he does it in his life time. You saying "probably" doesn't change that fact.

Fry planets with lightning?

No other sith lord has done that..

Mind wipe trillions of people?

No, he couldn't do that.. takes alot more focus and power to actually erase trillions of people's minds instead of just eating them.

Palpatine had 1 sith lord helping him, 1 sith lord that lead the attack on the jedi temple. Rest were clone troops killing jedi, Still it was him behind it all, He planned what was gonna happen.

You could say that Vitiate planned his power stealing ritual carefully and therefore is legit, But Palpatine never enhanced his powers, His goal was to kill the jedi and took over the galaxy, Vitiate's goal was to enhance his powers a little bit so he could consume a planet. Something Palpatine could already do without any buffs.

Vitiate had the help of 100's of other sith lords in his ritual JUST to extend his life..
Big difference between 1 & 100.

Back to topic, Vader wins.
answered above in green but ok lets go again.
drain a planet of life yes that how he became immortal in the first place your argument is palpatine could control himself better but palps was not immortal.

fry a planet with lightning? palpatine was the 37th sith lord to wipe out an entire planet. sure palpatine used lightning but others used darkness heat cold and life drains or in the less impressive version a bomb but hey sideous had a death star so can't be too picky.

Create wormhoels with the force?

No, he never did that, there is no point where he does it in his life time. You saying "probably" doesn't change that fact.
^this. You can't say at no point in his lifetime because there is no proper account of vitiate or what he did or could do he appeared briefly in revans book and even then that may have just been another possessed person.

And seriously how does consume all life in the galaxy and become god rank below make a wormhole in your opinion I mean wormholes are easy watch star trek sometime they didn't have magic force powers and made them all the time or stargate. so for me consume the life essence and power of an entire galaxy on purpose doesn't show lack of control it shows ambition.

Really for all you know vitiate is palpatine because he could body jump forever or maybe the real palpatine died on the death star and all the op awesomeness that followed was vitiate possessing palpatine's clone. there is no evidence that vitiate ever died.

_Zorth_'s Avatar


_Zorth_
02.19.2012 , 05:18 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by havok_bloodcraft View Post
answered above in green but ok lets go again.
drain a planet of life yes that how he became immortal in the first place your argument is palpatine could control himself better but palps was not immortal.


Essence transfer is immortality.. -.-

He can't die of age, his body does but his spirit lives on and finds a new host body. Vitiate is in the same 1.000 year old body that he was in before. They are both immortal but in different ways.


fry a planet with lightning? palpatine was the 37th sith lord to wipe out an entire planet. sure palpatine used lightning but others used darkness heat cold and life drains or in the less impressive version a bomb but hey sideous had a death star so can't be too picky.


Wait, What?

What was the point of that post?
To somehow prove that Vitiate is more powerful than Palpatine because Palp had a death star?




Create wormhoels with the force?

Quote:
No, he never did that, there is no point where he does it in his life time. You saying "probably" doesn't change that fact.
^this. You can't say at no point in his lifetime because there is no proper account of vitiate or what he did or could do he appeared briefly in revans book and even then that may have just been another possessed person.


We don't have Palpatine's entire records, or Ankain for that matter..

I could say "Vader blew up the galaxy then put it back together, it might be possible since we don't know if it happened or not.."

That way I can make Jar Jar the most powerful being in teh galaxy by saying he did things that we can't know he did.. see how failed your logic is?


And seriously how does consume all life in the galaxy and become god rank below make a wormhole in your opinion I mean wormholes are easy watch star trek sometime they didn't have magic force powers and made them all the time or stargate. so for me consume the life essence and power of an entire galaxy on purpose doesn't show lack of control it shows ambition.


Fail 1. Comparing this to Star Trek

Fail 2. Ignoring what I said.

Vitiate didnät have control over his ability, He has to try to consume all life in teh galaxy. Palpatine also has the same ability but can control it, he has no need for killing all life in the galaxy.


Really for all you know vitiate is palpatine because he could body jump forever or maybe the real palpatine died on the death star and all the op awesomeness that followed was vitiate possessing palpatine's clone. there is no evidence that vitiate ever died.

For all I know Revan and Vader could be the same person..
Maybe Revan became one with the force, Then re-appeared in Shmi's belly.. He came out as Anakin?

We'll never know, will we?

^ See how failed your logic is?
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

Girdeux's Avatar


Girdeux
02.19.2012 , 05:22 AM | #30
^^^

*** are yous even arguing about? This is Vader vs Revan.

This is spite anyway, Vader wipes the floor with Revan.