Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to end Biochem reusables

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Time to end Biochem reusables
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lanja
04.02.2013 , 12:44 PM | #371
If they kept purples as unlimited use, but instead of requiring a specific biochem rating to use them, tied the use of purples to the creator's genetic signature (i.e. their Legacy) people would have one bio-alt providing medpacks, stims and adrenals for the entire legacy, and it wouldn't matter so much what crew skill your main has.

EderSchippers
04.02.2013 , 02:03 PM | #372
Chunkie, you may have a good idea. But stop the **** talking for other people. Half your story is ******** and its just your opinion and not facts.

Bluzee
04.04.2013 , 09:23 AM | #373
Wow, some people just don't get it.

Having reusable biochem things...stims, adrenals, medpacks is nice for leveling and up through current hm fp's and sm ev or kp...even ec and tfb sm if you're geared. But to do anything higher you really need or SHOULD use exotech stims/adrenals. The medpack is the only reusable superior to the exotech consumable. So most endgame content relegates you to being able to make your own stuff cheaper then buying it....WHOOPEEE!!!

Meanwhile Cybertech's are crafting armorings and mods for free so when they crit they can get ANOTHER ONE. The only time we can do that is to get an extra 15k stim or adrenal. yber techs are getting an extra MILLION creds to a biochems 15k. And unlike cyber tech...where you can buy an armoring someone else crafted, pop it in and out of ur shell and then you can re it to learn the schem, biochem cant do that with implants. Very overpowered biochem is!!!

Lastly, I noticed on PST there is no new reusable schem from the biochem vendor which leads me to believe there will NOT be resuable stims adrenals worthy of a level 55 hm fp or op. So half of what made biochem useful in leveling up to 50 is gone since the reusables won't be worth it anymore

Dirr

PhoenixFyrelO
04.04.2013 , 11:41 AM | #374
1) This is a necro-bumped thread so don't bother responding to anyone before the last 2 pages.

2) If the last PTS build I was in holds, at the start of 2.0, the best medpacks, stims, and adrenals are ALL REUSABLE. They are received the old fashion way by RE-ing (now at 10% chance) green -> blue -> purple.

To test out S&V our guild used the level booster to make everyone level 450 biochem, crafted at least 1 of every class stim, then we just passed around the reusables for everyone to use.
<Memories of Xendor>
Prophecy of the Five

ssfish
04.05.2013 , 07:51 AM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by PhoenixFyrelO View Post
1) This is a necro-bumped thread so don't bother responding to anyone before the last 2 pages.

2) If the last PTS build I was in holds, at the start of 2.0, the best medpacks, stims, and adrenals are ALL REUSABLE. They are received the old fashion way by RE-ing (now at 10% chance) green -> blue -> purple.

To test out S&V our guild used the level booster to make everyone level 450 biochem, crafted at least 1 of every class stim, then we just passed around the reusables for everyone to use.
In the last build on the PTS, the reusables required one of the blue Grade 10 mats to make, so they will be fairly cost-prohibitive, at least early on in 2.0.
Lift