Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Time to end Biochem reusables

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Time to end Biochem reusables
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Elrenia
02.16.2012 , 12:22 PM | #11
"It clearly is overpowering because having a free heal, free adrenals and free stims is just too powerful."

- im assuming you are referring to this in PVP, becaues lets face it.. no raid is going to complain about it in an operation are they....

soo its clearly over powering is it ?? i was in huttball, in full champion gear, stim active, adrenal popped relic popped, tried to kill a juggernaut carrying the ball, he had no stims/adrenals.. did i kill him? barely gave him a scratch.. so did those items make me way way over powered? didnt make slight bit of difference. biochem has been nerfed 3 times already

if you really want to complain about things being over powered in pvp, how about AOE knockback, force pull,leap, in huttball.. if anything gives you an advantage in PVP its skills like that not a couple of stims

thanealpha
02.16.2012 , 12:27 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Sonaria View Post
If biochem didn't have reusables, what would be the point? You could just go with vendor consumables. Just saying..
For the EXACT same reason EVERY other class crafts.

1>To sell their products.
2>To craft their own products instead of buying them at retail prices.

Biochem breaks crafting, because they have access to an infinite pool of healing whereas everyone else has no such equivalency.

Instead of removing Biochem reusables I'd be 100% in support of EVERY crafting class getting an equivalent reusable. Time will tell if BW can make this happen.

Elrenia
02.16.2012 , 12:33 PM | #13
"Biochem breaks crafting, because they have access to an infinite pool of healing whereas everyone else has no such equivalency."

1stly - biochems dont have an infinite pool of healing, rakata medipacs do actually have a cooldown and the heal you get from them is uber low since they got nerfed, NO WAI !!! in PVE u shouldnt need medipacs anyway if your healer is doing his job, and for PVP you are better off with the warzone healing pacs

2ndly there are plenty class that can heal themselves with skills even when they are DPS, operatives,sorcerors,sages to name a few ..zomg... free heals...

LordbishopX
02.16.2012 , 12:43 PM | #14
BIOCHEM still is by far the best crew skill endless adrenals/stims/medpacs at zero cost out ways every other crew skill it's not close even with the nerf dropping it would be the silliest thing ever lol. If you can't understand that you may need to understand some basic game mechanics and the saving of credits you make for other things.

Add reuseables to the game for all I guarantee not a single smart player wouldn't take them in a hot second period. I pay a mint for em single time cost vs per use constant cash drain and farming I wish they gave a option we could buy those and level the field instead of having to visit our local crack dealers for a constant fix.

Puppup
02.16.2012 , 12:52 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Aerithel View Post
TL;DR: Only if active Biochemists get a passive skill that buffs the potency of medpacks, etc. would I support the removal of reusable consumables.
Give it up.

LordbishopX
02.16.2012 , 12:57 PM | #16
I actually dream they just give everyone biochem/bioan like wow does with first aid game set match then they can go back and buff it back and viola = playing field.

thanealpha
02.16.2012 , 01:19 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Elrenia View Post
"Biochem breaks crafting, because they have access to an infinite pool of healing whereas everyone else has no such equivalency."

1stly - biochems dont have an infinite pool of healing, rakata medipacs do actually have a cooldown and the heal you get from them is uber low since they got nerfed, NO WAI !!! in PVE u shouldnt need medipacs anyway if your healer is doing his job, and for PVP you are better off with the warzone healing pacs

2ndly there are plenty class that can heal themselves with skills even when they are DPS, operatives,sorcerors,sages to name a few ..zomg... free heals...
Skills are just that "skills". And class balance is independant of healing pots. This is because any class can take Biochem.

When I say infinite I mean ZERO cost once created. As long as they have that heal item and stim item in their inventory they have the ability, at NO cost.

Every consumable in the game has a cost, except biochem and grenades. Both should be removed or balanced against other infinite consumables for the other crafting classes.

It's a broken mechanic. You can argue that it's not very broken..but it's still broken.

Even if they healed for 1 point of health, it'd be broken.

I honestly don't know why this is so difficult for people to understand. Broken mechanics are broken. Justify their value or lack of value all you want it's still broken.

NuclearPanda
02.16.2012 , 01:26 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by thanealpha View Post
I honestly don't know why this is so difficult for people to understand. Broken mechanics are broken. Justify their value or lack of value all you want it's still broken.
How is it "broken mechanics" when in essense it's more of a "trade off"? We can't create armor and gear for ourselves (save for implants) and crit them with augments. The money we save on purchasing stims/medpacs is spent on purchasing gear for ourselves and our companions.

The money YOU spend on purchasing stims (and let's face it, it's only stims you buy because medpacs from the vendor are just as good and no one sells medpacs on the GTN) is offset by the money you save by creating gear for yourself and your companions.
Thank god I'm an Arsenal DPS and not a Bodyguard healer. Patch 1.2 is going to make them worthless.

Xstone
02.16.2012 , 01:30 PM | #19
yep enough with nerfing biochem. buff the other professions. i shouldnt be penalized cause i diddnt chose another crafting skill. quit it with these posts.

Sqyre
02.16.2012 , 01:36 PM | #20
I don't care if they nerf biochem or buff the other crew skills but something does need to be done, when everyone you run into has biochem and 400 cybertech's and artificers are dropping those professions to pick up biochem something is clearly wrong, IMO the reusuables should not be bop and they should not require biochem to use. that would greatly even the playing field, as a synthweaver I have two slots that I can fill with superior gear the same is said for biochems, but atm they also get the benefit of reusables.