Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make a movie like the cinematic trailers!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Make a movie like the cinematic trailers!

ImToBe
02.14.2012 , 02:53 PM | #1
I would love to see this happen! Support + bump if you think so, too.

-----------------------------Supporters-----------------------------

ImToBe

ImToBe
02.14.2012 , 02:54 PM | #2
-Reserved-

ImToBe
02.14.2012 , 02:55 PM | #3
--Reserved--

TheLonelyTusken
02.14.2012 , 03:09 PM | #4
Are you asking Bioware to make them?

That kind of animation takes very long to make and is incredibly complicated compared to other forms of 3d animation, only fit for short little trailers like the ones you saw.

ImToBe
02.14.2012 , 03:16 PM | #5
I know that, however, do you have any idea how many people want a movie from this? Also, ofc bioware can't do this on their own, but that's what we have film-making companies for.

_Zorth_
02.14.2012 , 03:25 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by ImToBe View Post
I know that, however, do you have any idea how many people want a movie from this? Also, ofc bioware can't do this on their own, but that's what we have film-making companies for.

I hope you realise those cinematic are there to just make people look into this game, Just like WoW and many other MMO's. The cinematics have extremly good graphics and good action scenes just to make the game seem cool, No story at all tbh.

All I saw in those trailers were lightsabers, lightsabers, flying objects and more lightsabers. And it doesn't matter if a small part of this community wants those cinematics as full movies, it won't happen. It's too costly and wouldn't be worth the effort, Since only a minority would go watch it.
The Red Eclipse
Best Player World Wide
..Greedo shot first

MajinEddie
02.14.2012 , 09:06 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post

I hope you realise those cinematic are there to just make people look into this game, Just like WoW and many other MMO's. The cinematics have extremly good graphics and good action scenes just to make the game seem cool, No story at all tbh.

All I saw in those trailers were lightsabers, lightsabers, flying objects and more lightsabers. And it doesn't matter if a small part of this community wants those cinematics as full movies, it won't happen. It's too costly and wouldn't be worth the effort, Since only a minority would go watch it.
I agree with alot of people prolly wouldnot go see a it. However there is alot of story to those trailers. The part where malgus kill the jedi master and he is looking at the whole citty in ruins as he dies could be a small story in its self.

TheNightWatch
02.24.2012 , 02:41 AM | #8
I would definatly wanna see that, the trailers are what made me buy the game, thankfully I didn't look into this game at all till a week before release Haha

CptBrit
02.24.2012 , 03:40 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by _Zorth_ View Post
Since only a minority would go watch it.
Quote: Originally Posted by MajinEddie View Post
I agree with alot of people prolly wouldnot go see a it.
Are you crazy? People are willing to pay to see the Phantom Menace in 3D, a film that has been out for years and has nothing new to offer other than pretty pictures that seem closer than they actually are.

I'd love to see a Star Wars film done with the graphics that Blur made the trailers, maybe in a few more years when the way to do it is a lot less time/money intensive.

With a really good story writer/dialogue writing a film using just graphics like that would be amazing.
Sa'rahi Sheph'erd - The Mercenary | Marxon Sheph'erd - The Guardian
Tae'Ruk Sheph'erd - The Juggernaut | Mysha Sheph'erd - The Sage
Leona Sheph'erd - The Assassin | Temo'rel Sheph'erd - The Vanguard
Mykael Sheph'erd - The Operative | Lel'Liana Sheph'erd - The Gunslinger

Urke
02.24.2012 , 03:57 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by CptBrit View Post
Are you crazy? People are willing to pay to see the Phantom Menace in 3D, a film that has been out for years and has nothing new to offer other than pretty pictures that seem closer than they actually are.

I'd love to see a Star Wars film done with the graphics that Blur made the trailers, maybe in a few more years when the way to do it is a lot less time/money intensive.

With a really good story writer/dialogue writing a film using just graphics like that would be amazing.
^^this
I would pay to see this movie and theres a lot of potential to make a great story too, there is this 10 year gap beetwen trailers and the game...