Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class advice

AmandaBynes
12.13.2011 , 09:20 AM | #1
Hey guys I played a bit in the beta tests and am not sure what class to play now that I'm in. I play world of warcraft and I'd like to play a class like a paladin and also one like a warlock. I want to be able to heal and be immune to damage and use shields. I also want to cast A LOT of spells that hurt bad guys over time instead of in a big bang! Any advice? Thanks ahead of time!

derkokes
12.13.2011 , 09:24 AM | #2
here is the problem, you want to do way to much. if you narrow down from tank-mage-healer-god it may help. troopers can either dps and heal or dps and tank (note you will have to spec for it) but you will never get all that in one class.

AmandaBynes
12.13.2011 , 09:25 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by derkokes View Post
here is the problem, you want to do way to much. if you narrow down from tank-mage-healer-god it may help. troopers can either dps and heal or dps and tank (note you will have to spec for it) but you will never get all that in one class.
I meant 2 different classes sorry

derkokes
12.13.2011 , 09:32 AM | #4
I hoped as much

troopers are likely the first choice as their AC cater to healing or tanking so in the first 2-3 hours of game time you can decide what you would like to do.

for dots there are a few choices teh sage has a decent dot spec but is way more akin to a shadow priest then lock. scoundrel has a neat looking dot spec and is mid ish range. the marauder has a dot spec in melee range so you have some choices. personally getting kited by a sage /sorcerer who knows what they are doing is the most frustrating thing in the world. I have a suspicion they will get the bat first.

AmbientLance
12.13.2011 , 12:05 PM | #5
Based on what you're listing, you might want to look at Bounty Hunter Mercenary. It's the DPS/heal spec, but wears heavier armor and has some elemental attacks. That or the Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer (DPS/heal again).

I listed the Imperial class names, but the same is true for the Republic mirror classes.