Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunters, did Mako affect your dark/light decision?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bounty Hunters, did Mako affect your dark/light decision?

02.15.2012 , 07:04 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Manufacture View Post

I was irritated by her more than anything. Most of the dark-side decisions seemed pretty reasonable to me. More money or no loose ends. Last I checked, bounty hunting wasn't exactly an altruistic activity.

I'm Dark Side 3, and I really can't think of anything I did that was particularly evil. Just doing my job. I had to switch over to Gault during my leveling since Mako disapproves of practically anything that would make you an efficient bounty hunter.

I'm in this camp as well. I completely ignore Mako's moral reasoning - whether she agrees with me or not, her opinions come from a very naive place. I don't think it is possible to be Mako's ideal bounty hunter without either a) being inconsistent, a fraud, a hypocrite, or all of the above, or b) straying so far from what a bounty hunter actually is that it doesn't fit the motivations/activities of the bounty hunter storyline. Such a theoretical person who conformed to Mako's naivete would be a policeman or a soldier or a traveling knight errant... not a credit-clutching paramilitary thug who works for gangsters, crime bosses, or anyone with a purse and bad intentions in a desperate quest for riches and self-aggrandizement. The bounty hunter class quests will force you to do things that contradict these hyper-idealized notion of bounty hunting - whether Mako comments or not - so I kind of figure the narrative makes more sense if you knowingly go against her naivete.

Spoiler filled example of what I'm getting at;

02.15.2012 , 10:01 PM | #22
I'm 42 with around 8.5k ls and 1k ds, not affected by Mako, just the char I want to be. Most of BH chars seem to gen agree with ls decisions, and the ease of affection is certainly a nice bonus.

02.15.2012 , 11:24 PM | #23
I went light, that is how I roll. Plugging the cyborg's oil pan was a bonus.

Seriously though the dark choices in the game are Hannibal Lecter meets Jason level of homicidal. Who is going to hire a BH that would kill his clienet for pocket change?

02.16.2012 , 03:53 AM | #24
Nope, screw mako

I picked all dark side and you know what?

Every time she lost a point here and there over it, I tossed the bimbo a gift and she was all like "oooh shiny" and loved me again

If you actually want to max her affection you pretty much have to buy her gifts whether you are light or dark side, buying (or mission gathering) a few extra gifts to make up for a few lost affection is simple and easy
This is not the signature you're looking for... But since you are here, use this link:
Get free stuff (mailed to you in game on every character) and a Free Character Transfer!

02.16.2012 , 08:01 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Eutoxis View Post
Sadly, yes.

I don't like to make the cuddlebunny cry.

I rolled a Merc and a PT to do one Light and one Dark to see both angles, but ended up going Light on both because Mako pouted.

What Mako wants, Mako gets.

I referred to Torian as Bieber so much that my leveling partner actually thought of him as Bieber until an NPC referred to him by name and she was like, "Who the heck is Torian?"

02.16.2012 , 12:27 PM | #26
I do whatever my companions want. Mako is def my fave companion in the game so far and I like the decisions she likes. Plus I love crafting and I want my companions to bring me back good stuff like the moddable chest piece she brought back yesterday

02.16.2012 , 12:48 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
I always choose the answer that gets companion affection. If I answer and I get the (-1 affection) I hit Esc and start the convo over again. Light and dark mean nothing to non-glowbat swingers in this game, but companion affection affects crafting... so I'm going to help myself. It is what it is, I'm not an RPer, I want to win... not everyone agrees with that.
What about the speeders from the light/dark vendor? They're the coolest speeders in the game imo.

02.16.2012 , 04:20 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Hello_My_Name_Is View Post
I was intending to stay neutral. But then I read you kinda screw yourself later in the game if you don't pick a side. So i went light since mako liked it.
Pretty much this for me. Once I learned rolling neutral is pretty much a self-gimping, I decided to go light. Making Mako happy was just the icing on the cake.
TORtanic indeed. It's just like that movie that was hugely successful and made boatloads of money.
This is an MMO. Whether you play with or see the other players is irrelevant to that fact.

02.16.2012 , 09:49 PM | #29
yes, she did indeed.

i started out wanting to just go pure darkside and when mako joined and we formed a bond i found myself going light more and more.

i went from about 3k darkside to neutral and now i plan to remain neutral.

a bounty hunter should be neutral anyway, i think.
"the scoobygang legacy" on server mind trick, and in all other games, and things, and in life.

02.17.2012 , 06:10 AM | #30
im dark 4, 0 light points, mako affection 10000.