Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty Hunters, did Mako affect your dark/light decision?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Bounty Hunters, did Mako affect your dark/light decision?

Niknidhogg
02.11.2012 , 07:17 PM | #1
It seems a larger proportion of Bounty Hunters are going light side compared to other Imperial classes; I had rolled one with the intention of being fully dark side but once the story got rolling and I met Mako I switched because it seemed a better fit (I did NOT have this problem with Vette...). Anyone else roll light side on a BH to get wit dat?

Jazhara
02.11.2012 , 07:40 PM | #2
Nope.

I naturally went lightside, even though I intended to stay neutral. I mostly made my choices based on what I would actually do RL, and Mako just agreed.

By level 42 she was at 10.000 affection, and I've never given her a gift.
"It is only through interaction, through decision and choice, through confrontation, physical or mental, that the Force can grow within you." (*Kreia)
WARCHILD LEGACY - VROOK LAMAR

Skodan
02.12.2012 , 12:49 AM | #3
i maxed out dark side, but now im thinking i may just start going with what feels like a right answer for being a bounty hunter
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Badkittykkr
02.12.2012 , 01:43 AM | #4
She did not affect my DS decisions. Make the bad choices, get my DS points, then get some gifts to get her affection back up.

Simple as that.

Hello_My_Name_Is
02.12.2012 , 05:50 AM | #5
I was intending to stay neutral. But then I read you kinda screw yourself later in the game if you don't pick a side. So i went light since mako liked it.

bahdasz
02.12.2012 , 06:45 AM | #6
I always choose the answer that gets companion affection. If I answer and I get the (-1 affection) I hit Esc and start the convo over again. Light and dark mean nothing to non-glowbat swingers in this game, but companion affection affects crafting... so I'm going to help myself. It is what it is, I'm not an RPer, I want to win... not everyone agrees with that.

The_FLIPmode
02.12.2012 , 09:07 AM | #7
I don't put too much stake into what Mako thinks of my choices. She still agrees with me on looking to get paid for the hazard jobs and gets easily bribed with gifts

So for me, her disagreeing with me is a non-issue. If I was to lose a lot in a single conversation, I would swap out companions and restart the convo.

Kikilicious
02.12.2012 , 12:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jazhara View Post
Nope.

I naturally went lightside, even though I intended to stay neutral. I mostly made my choices based on what I would actually do RL, and Mako just agreed.
Yeah, going lightside just kinda....happened. Was trying to go neutal as well. But no, it didn't really effect it. Presents help too.
Asania Tapfer'keit : Chiss : Bounty Hunter : Powertech

glenbruton
02.12.2012 , 06:09 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Niknidhogg View Post
It seems a larger proportion of Bounty Hunters are going light side compared to other Imperial classes;
anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

glenbruton
02.12.2012 , 06:10 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
It is what it is, I'm not an RPer, I want to win... not everyone agrees with that.
Win what? Win @ MMO?