Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Plagueis and the Prequels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Darth Plagueis and the Prequels

valin-krai
02.10.2012 , 12:17 PM | #1
While initially I wasn't calling it a game changer, it definitely changed how I watched The Phantom Menace, almost every plot hole was explained and (Major spoilers)
Spoiler

That does change how I look at it.

I HIGHLY recommend reading the novel before you see Phantom Menace again.
Kitster is the real hero of the Star Wars saga.

LordQordisz
02.10.2012 , 01:39 PM | #2
I think till after the movie, certainly not into the 2nd.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

Starkiller-VIII
02.10.2012 , 06:49 PM | #3
I've yet to pick up the book but are you saying that...

Spoiler
People who are better than Revan:
Spoiler

LordQordisz
02.10.2012 , 06:59 PM | #4
He was but indirectly. It was the Force's response to whatever they had done at that point.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.

Starkiller-VIII
02.10.2012 , 07:11 PM | #5
Spoiler
People who are better than Revan:
Spoiler

valin-krai
02.10.2012 , 07:34 PM | #6
Spoiler
Kitster is the real hero of the Star Wars saga.

Tyinthalin
02.10.2012 , 10:49 PM | #7
(I haven't read all of it yet, on Part 1, chapter 5 or something so I didn't read all your spoilers.)

I think part of releasing the novel was to explain midi-chlorians and how you can't transfer them to other people. I think they were also trying to make the force less scientific by saying that though they are in cells, they are more of a mystical aura that surrounds a being.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Keihryon
02.10.2012 , 10:54 PM | #8
See, you shouldn't need a book that came out 10 years later to fill the plot holes, or explain portions of a movie.