Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

64 bit client

al-mar
05.22.2012 , 03:20 AM | #61
you sure that directx11 will do its job with a 32bit client? i don't know but i guess that the directx11 technology is a bit more forward in time

also a 64 bit client will improve the performance thus far, that graphics will be fine for the time until the next step is done.

Jakev-
06.11.2012 , 09:43 AM | #62
Bump.
Insomniaq Atense Amersu
<I AM LEGEND>
Prophecy of the Five

Frakkensteinse
06.11.2012 , 11:48 AM | #63
Yes please!
Take a pick: arguing by ignorance or arguing by confirming the arguments you find meaningless.

Journeyer
06.11.2012 , 12:05 PM | #64
While I suppose that a 64-bit client isn't a bad thing...
What's the problem that it would be addressing (aside from nebulously, that 64 bits is the future)?

I'm on modern hardware--nothing insane, but decent. I get 50-80 FPS, depending on how much is going on and whether I'm in a warzone--again nothing insane, but decent.

It seems to me like if the game runs well as-is, and has the bonus of being 32 and 64 bit compatible, then why muck with it? I dunno, I like modernizing, but I don't know where the justification would be, really, with the game's current level of complexity. For 2.0, maybe?
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

Glower
06.11.2012 , 02:14 PM | #65
You do not have enough problems with 32 bit client? Think again, please!
I like the idea, but not now.

Grogget
06.17.2012 , 01:26 PM | #66
.A 64-bit client vs a 32-bit client on high end systems is literally like a night and day difference. I have a computer that can run Battlefield 3 at pretty high settings and still maintain good framerate, why should this game not?

Aion Online at one point had some support for a 64-bit client when they released their version 2.5, and when I ran it on my computer, I could run their advanced graphics engine (they had two, a default and advanced one) with everything maxed at 70+ FPS. Compared to the 32 bit client where it struggled with the default engine, there was no contest as to which one was better.

If SWTOR added support for 64-bit clients, I guarantee you that performance issues that some deal with would be a thing of the past.
Rhetorical - Sith Assassin - The Shadowlands - Domination
SWTOR Youtube for PVP

Grogget
10.12.2012 , 09:20 AM | #67
Bump for great justice. This game seriously needs a 64-bit client, because as it stands, there's no reason that a game with a much worse engine than games like Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Planetside 2, etc, runs worse than the aforementioned games in the framerate department.
Rhetorical - Sith Assassin - The Shadowlands - Domination
SWTOR Youtube for PVP

McDiddler
11.06.2012 , 07:03 PM | #68
I'm not understanding why they wouldn't, even now, make a 64 bit launcher. Windows 8 is appearing soon, which I'm assuming is 64 bit only. PLEASE RELEASE ONE, BIOWARE <3

Powrtech
11.22.2012 , 01:24 PM | #69
I have windows 8 64-bit and I can run wow and gw2 on medium to high settings with 40-60 fps even in cities. This game, on full low settings (32-bit mind you) in a remote area on 25 fps.... Silly to me why they don't have a 64-bit
Advanced Prototype Powertech
"The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed during war"
Help us out.
REGULAR EDITION CLUB

Thuliume
11.22.2012 , 03:57 PM | #70
Oh please Bioware listen to your devotees give us a 64 bit client!!

Support this thread and vote it 5*!!