Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will i get in!!!

pondrthis
12.15.2011 , 04:33 PM | #21
At least on Origin, the listed price for SWTOR is $59.99. Then when you preorder, you pay a $5 "pre-order fee" and $54.99 are in line to be charged when the game releases.

If you want to cancel your Origin order, EA will refund you the "down payment". In fact, the customer service rep I spoke to OFFERED that, without me asking (I was canceling so I could switch from physical to digital). I'd say that's not being robbed at all, especially since even the YouTube ads for SWTOR say "up to".

If GameStop or Best Buy or whatever charged you 5 on top of 60, then they robbed you, that's all there is to it.

PS Dec 9th, I'm in tomorrow.
If you will not fight... then you will meet your destiny!!!

ColdSunHoth
12.15.2011 , 04:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SemperDoc View Post
That is Origin's fee that you must pay, it has nothing to do with BioWare.
Isn't that a little misleading too? Bioware is EA. Seriously though, I'm not as upset as some of these other people. More disappointed in myself for not reading it closer. You have to understand, I have not visited this community or looked into this like some other people have. Like I said, consumers are responsible. I have been burned by several MMOs in the last few years. Some of them I actually enjoyed, but apparently the public didn't and they were abandoned. I waited until I really felt people thought this game was going to be a hit, and even now I'm not sure. I took a chance, saw that preorder had a head start and assumed I would have 5 days from the messages I saw on screen. Had I bothered to look closer, I would have known better. So yes, I'm mostly to blame. Still, it could have been a little more clear, and I don't really think I should have to pay $5.00 for a preorder fee that really doesn't mean much at all. If you were in my shoes you might feel the same. May the force be with you...
ColdSun | Delivering your illegal goods 24/7 in a galaxy far far away...

ColdSunHoth
12.15.2011 , 04:37 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by pondrthis View Post
At least on Origin, the listed price for SWTOR is $59.99. Then when you preorder, you pay a $5 "pre-order fee" and $54.99 are in line to be charged when the game releases.

If you want to cancel your Origin order, EA will refund you the "down payment". In fact, the customer service rep I spoke to OFFERED that, without me asking (I was canceling so I could switch from physical to digital). I'd say that's not being robbed at all, especially since even the YouTube ads for SWTOR say "up to".

If GameStop or Best Buy or whatever charged you 5 on top of 60, then they robbed you, that's all there is to it.

PS Dec 9th, I'm in tomorrow.
I ordered it the same day. Tomorrow would be cool. I actually started vacation today from work for two weeks, although I did this long before I purchased the game, so its just coincidence. Would have been cool if I actually started today though!
ColdSun | Delivering your illegal goods 24/7 in a galaxy far far away...

pondrthis
12.15.2011 , 04:40 PM | #24
I've been chilling since Tuesday when I finished a final (w00t, now I've completed my Master's!), but tomorrow I've got a seminar and lab meeting to go to, so I can't just veg-out all day T.T

Bad timing, especially since I'll be traveling pretty much all weekend. Oh well, after that I'll get some play time in.
If you will not fight... then you will meet your destiny!!!

Paralassa
12.15.2011 , 04:57 PM | #25
Hi there!

There is an active discussion thread for this topic:

** Unofficial 3rd day EGA wave thread **

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!