Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BoP has got to go

mynameisharry
12.15.2011 , 11:39 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Loyaltrekie View Post
What's the POINT of immediate BoP? It DOES need to go. BoE; or BoTime[IE: BoP but after a x amount of time; until then its tradeable) as it prevents drama from misrolls and the such.
It still relies on the person who won to willingly trade the item though, so ninjas will still happen, I am going to be using master looter in my groups from now on though.

Smurfsauce
12.15.2011 , 12:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Toegrinder View Post
Wouldn't say "Got to go" but it would be nice to trade it to group members for like 2 hours or something, but why did he need it?
Because he likes clicking things that pop up on his screen.

Xezkaiel
12.15.2011 , 04:29 PM | #13
That is why I sorta liked when WoW implemented its 2 hour rule. Even if you got a BOP with an accidental need roll, or bought a piece you did not want on accident, you could give it up to anyone who was in that group or sell it back within 2 active game hours after getting it. Ninjas will still take **** they dont need just to be D bags, but it still comes in handy for incidents such as the OP's.
Nos-Redna Sunshatter: Miraluka Shield Tech Powertech
Xothrim Sunshatter: Cyborg Madness Sorcerer

Loyaltrekie
12.15.2011 , 04:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by mynameisharry View Post
It still relies on the person who won to willingly trade the item though, so ninjas will still happen, I am going to be using master looter in my groups from now on though.
Didn't say anything about ninjas; I'm talking about people wanting to click 'pass' and accidently clicking roll. I absolutely HATE pug's not because the fear of someone 'ninjalooting' but for a friend/guildy/etc who accidently rolls on something they can't use.
All comments made by me do not reflect anyones opinions except my own

Ohoni
12.15.2011 , 05:06 PM | #15
I think it's an honest mistake to roll on any heavy armor, especially in the first major grouped content, so having a "learning curve" buffer would be nice. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt that he just thought "ooo, heavy armor, I wear heavy armor!" and clicked.

You know what would be nice, a "curated" need/greed mode, one where any Trooper that rolls need on +Aim heavy armor automatically beats any non-trooper, while any Guardian that rolls on +Str heavy armor beats any non-Guardian, and so on. "greed" rolls would not be effected because those would be for companions and selling and stuff, but if you roll need, it should weigh the results based on actual need.

Dustfinder
12.15.2011 , 05:07 PM | #16
And it is reasons like this that I am thankful to run with a premade.

Drentika
12.16.2011 , 05:32 AM | #17
Give it a masterloot with a /roll option and everything is fine.
Notorious - EU PvE Raiding Guild
Drentika - Sith Assassin

GumBoil
12.16.2011 , 05:46 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by LindaH View Post
Dont forget the rolling need because a companion could use it.

Has only happened to me once, and frankly i couldnt be bothered that much but i hope it isnt a herald of things to come.
Yeah so far I've been with decent pugs when it comes to rolling but I can't help feeling that people will eventually roll need everything for companions. Hopefully that will be considered 'bad form' by the community (well the decent members anyway).

Kemorand
12.16.2011 , 05:48 AM | #19
Companions are not simple "pets" in SWTOR, they are just like additional item slots for your character during the leveling period. That makes rolling need on items they can use very logical.
For example, as a healer, I NEED my main companion to be geared up properly and I see no problem rolling on items they can use. If I don't, my companion will be a low greens all the time and questing will become painful.
That said, people can talk, so if a guy asks for a specific loot beforehand for example, I don't see a problem usually.

I think people are not yet in the mentality required to understand how companions work so you will have people complaining. However, that will probably change over time.

Of course, we're talking leveling period here, not level 50 heroic stuff.

Aside all that, the 2 hour trade rule among party members is indeed needed. Mistakes happen and such penalty, especially for players only play once in a while (and therefore no time to run flash-points multiple times), is really severe for no reason.

Breunis
12.16.2011 , 06:11 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Kemorand View Post
Companions are not simple "pets" in SWTOR, they are just like additional item slots for your character during the leveling period. That makes rolling need on items they can use very logical.
For example, as a healer, I NEED my main companion to be geared up properly and I see no problem rolling on items they can use. If I don't, my companion will be a low greens all the time and questing will become painful.
Unfortunately later on people will have 5 companions and will be able to NEED on all gear because one of them could use it.

Need has to be "My character needs this" or people will need on everything.

I just hope they'll implement a system that removes the ability to press need on stuff your character can't use or isn't made for.
42!