Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BoP has got to go

Ohoni
12.15.2011 , 10:59 AM | #1
I was on Esseles today as a Commando with two Gunslingers and a Guardian. An Esseles Trooper Chestpiece dropped and the Guardian, God knows why, rolled "need" on it and won. He later offered to trade it to me but could not because it was apparently bind on Pick-up. That needs to stop. If cool gear drops, it should be freely tradable between group members.

Toegrinder
12.15.2011 , 11:02 AM | #2
Wouldn't say "Got to go" but it would be nice to trade it to group members for like 2 hours or something, but why did he need it?
Quote: Originally Posted by ZombieMeerkat View Post
It does work. But you can't see past the QQ goggles.

Gravitus
12.15.2011 , 11:08 AM | #3
I had the exact thing happen to me in the beta, but it wasn't an accident. The guy even defended himself, saying "I wear heavy armor too". I didn't make a big deal out of it, because it was the beta, but still he didn't need the damn Aim! So even if there was a trade option, I wasn't getting that piece regardless.

It really comes down to people just being a little knowledgable about things. I think as the player base gets more savy, issues like this will become rarer. And in those cases where it still happens, a trade option isn't going to do much.

Azalar
12.15.2011 , 11:08 AM | #4
There is alot of needing on heavy armor by any class that can wear heavy armor just because the game mechanics are not widely known.

I play a SJ and have been out "needed" by BH's on strength heavy because they see heavy and click need because they do not understand that the armor the are gaining is not worth the aim they are trading it for.
“What we pretend to be we often become.”
-Darth Krayt

Rhinoplat
12.15.2011 , 11:18 AM | #5
I wish they would get rid of BoP as well. I'm all for being able to trade any gear that drops. If they feel the gear would be traded too much, then they just need to reduce the drop rate of the purples. Yeah it sucks, but it also makes CRAFTERS more valuable.

LindaH
12.15.2011 , 11:19 AM | #6
Dont forget the rolling need because a companion could use it.

Has only happened to me once, and frankly i couldnt be bothered that much but i hope it isnt a herald of things to come.
Very happy having ordered the CE. What wasting a lot of money? Dude just skip a few pizzas and beer now and then and considering the time i waited for this game.

mynameisharry
12.15.2011 , 11:20 AM | #7
People are still getting used there characters so mistakes will happen, also they could have selected need for the companion or just be a loot Jawa.

I would prefer a PUG mode for loot where you may only role Need if you can equip that item on your character and the main stat eg aim or str matches your class.

Also add a separate companion need button (rated above greed) if any of your companions can use that item.

Most of the issues with loot can be eliminated by simply grouping with more experienced players or friends though, I hardly ever pug but if I do I would like more security in the future.

Loyaltrekie
12.15.2011 , 11:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Toegrinder View Post
Wouldn't say "Got to go" but it would be nice to trade it to group members for like 2 hours or something, but why did he need it?
What's the POINT of immediate BoP? It DOES need to go. BoE; or BoTime[IE: BoP but after a x amount of time; until then its tradeable) as it prevents drama from misrolls and the such.
All comments made by me do not reflect anyones opinions except my own

Istagharlyn
12.15.2011 , 11:37 AM | #9
Total removal of the BoP mechanic would lead to nothing more that hundreds of Loot Jawas running rampant through PuGs. People would QQ more about that than with the current time-tested system.
Just my $.02
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The force shall free me.

Celestry
12.15.2011 , 11:38 AM | #10
I understand the bind on pickup need. The devs do not want the market flooded with top level gear that people are farming. With that said the best BOP method I have seen is the pickup becomes perminant when you leave the instance mission. So, if a bop item drops it can be freely traded while still in the instance. The second you leave, the person holding the item keeps it. That way an accidental pickup is not immediately perminant, but you can not farm instances either.