Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What goes with Slicing?

Yogol
02.06.2012 , 03:14 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by AHChrist View Post
They need to make a phone app so I can slice at work...
I am Yogol and I approve this message!
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Rykko
02.06.2012 , 04:01 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AHChrist View Post
They need to make a phone app so I can slice at work...
The reason slicing missions were nerfed was exactly because people were running them from work.

They were using a program/app that allows you to operate your PC through a phone.
Believing I am "skilled" at video games is central to my confidence and self esteem.

Sun-Runner
02.06.2012 , 04:22 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rykko View Post
The reason slicing missions were nerfed was exactly because people were running them from work.

They were using a program/app that allows you to operate your PC through a phone.
Yep! http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/sma...b-service/2027

... and you can do that with all of the crew skills, and do so easily; not just Slicing.
Stop nerfing my PVE because of your PVP!

Baelish
02.06.2012 , 05:26 PM | #14
Slicing gets you money, so it can replace any other crew skill, since you can buy what you need. If you want to synergise it the best, I'd say it should replace the in-world gathering skill that you'd otherwise take (Archaeology, Bioanalysis, Scavenging) for two reasons:

The gathered materials are more commonly and cheaply available for purchase

The missions that you get from Slicing for the 'Mission Skill' that you've selected are more likely to be more valuable to you than any missions you would get for the harvesting skill.

sentientomega
12.16.2013 , 11:22 AM | #15
So, say, cybertech, slicing and underworld trading?

ScarletBlaze
12.16.2013 , 11:59 AM | #16
Slicing is good to get the materials you need for making augments. I have one slicer that does this for
my synweaver, armormech and armstech.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

psandak
12.16.2013 , 12:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by sentientomega View Post
So, say, cybertech, slicing and underworld trading?
No.

Cybertech is fed by scavenging (for basic materials) and underworld trading (for advanced materials).

Slicing does nothing for cybertech except generate schematics. And if you want those schematics you are better served buying them off the GTM because you will spend fewer credits doing so than running a hundred missions to the one schematic you want.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

RaptorClown
12.16.2013 , 12:47 PM | #18
slicing is for augmentation kits
pew pew meesa liking youssa

dancezwithnubz
12.16.2013 , 05:19 PM | #19
personally, i find it difficult to build a character WITHOUT slicing.

regular Credit Drain missions return mission sheets while regular Unsliceable missions return the occasional Thermal Regulator to go with the tsunami of Biomechanical Interface Chips which, in turn, get used to make Augments and Augment Kits.

if you're into crafting anything Augment related, you'll quickly find you can never have too many Thermal Regulators or BMICs. now, BMICs are cheap as chips on the GTN on Harbinger (as in ~150/ea), Thermal Regulators, not so much (~18k/ea minimum, I won't sell for under 25k and then only if i really, really need the creds)

personally, I can never have enough Mythra, Turadium or Tri-Copper Flux either.

sentientomega
12.16.2013 , 07:47 PM | #20
I've heard slicing is highly profitable, so I need to have one character with it.

Anyone here who uses slicing, what two crew skills do you happen to accompany it with (provided you have access to the extra slots)?