Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What goes with Slicing?

Monkeypuzzle
02.06.2012 , 02:28 PM | #1
Have a few toons already, I decided to roll another and try slicing. It suggested I use scavenging and cybertech which I did. But of course, cybertech requires underworld materials which I can't get because my last slot is slicing.
So what is best to go with it?
Is it so you make so much money with slicing you can buy the UW materials outright on the market?
Or am I missing something here.

Tieffenbrucker
02.06.2012 , 02:31 PM | #2
I believe if you look in the Codex, it specifically mentions that Slicing doesn't really have any matches. It'll get you schematics, but as far as assisting other crew skills, nada.
Brahms' Variations are better than mine, but mine were written before his.

-Franz Liszt

Lexster
02.06.2012 , 02:31 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkeypuzzle View Post
Have a few toons already, I decided to roll another and try slicing. It suggested I use scavenging and cybertech which I did. But of course, cybertech requires underworld materials which I can't get because my last slot is slicing.
So what is best to go with it?
Is it so you make so much money with slicing you can buy the UW materials outright on the market?
Slicing doesnt really 'go' with anything. It is listed as possbily going with cybertech due to the odd chance you get a schmatic, which would be for a cybertech. Slicing really is a thing of its own. Augments it gets can go into pretty much any other classes critted gear. The mission discovers you find can go for any other crafting skill.

Most take slicing though while they level up to 50, then drop it for a different skill.

AHChrist
02.06.2012 , 02:34 PM | #4
They need to make a phone app so I can slice at work...

Balldrdash
02.06.2012 , 02:34 PM | #5
well, near as I can tell, underworld trading is only required for the blue and better cybertech schematics, most important at high levels.

that being said, slicing doesn't really pair up directly with anything, though cybertech is the closest since you can get cybertech plans with it. but as you said, the advantage of slicing really is mostly in the money that you get with it, that you can use to buy other things. imo, that money is a tad low at the moment, but it used to be ridiculously high.

and of course, slicing can also get you augments for exceptional crafted items and for selling to other people.

Sun-Runner
02.06.2012 , 02:38 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkeypuzzle View Post
You've not missed anything. Slicing doesn't go with anything. It is the gathering skill for people who want a gathering skill but don't actually want to bother with the GTN.
Stop nerfing my PVE because of your PVP!

FanOfLife
02.06.2012 , 02:42 PM | #7
I have two toons
with slicing, just skip a craft skill and add another gathering skill for the harder to get stuff like investigation.

Auhfel
02.06.2012 , 02:45 PM | #8
Everything. The missions and purple augments you get at max level slicing missions SELL. For ALOT. Not to mention, it costs like nothing to run because the boxes typically give you your money back. Slicing makes a ton of money, and if you use the missions it gives you you get so much mats..

atteSmythe
02.06.2012 , 02:59 PM | #9
I chose investigation and UT to go with slicing, as all had either schem or mission components.

GnatB
02.06.2012 , 03:05 PM | #10
Slicing goes with...
Your Armormech/cybertech/synthweaving alt when you already have a armormech/cybertech/synthweaver with UT to provide the blues/purples.