Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Greatest Force User of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Greatest Force User of All Time

Talkative
02.06.2012 , 05:54 PM | #21
Total package? Kyle Katarn. There's a reason Katarn is slang for ****** in Star Wars; Kyle is that reason.

In terms of raw Force potential? Kyp Durron or Ulic Qel-Droma. It's hard to judge, but they're both acknowledged as having the most potential by People Who Should Know.
Live as though you were going to die tomorrow, learn as though you were going to live forever. - Robert Ricciardi

xRaijinx
02.06.2012 , 07:09 PM | #22
It would be Wedge Antilles and Lando and the technology they wielded, which is enough to bring balance to the force by destroying the most powerful dark side and light side users.

The Death Star Explosion would have taken all 3 out simotaneously.

MajinEddie
02.06.2012 , 07:24 PM | #23
Revan.

munkiseventeen
02.06.2012 , 07:37 PM | #24
All of these are pretty good arguments. In different ways they are all true.

Personally I like Vader/Anakin. He was the strongest, even if it came in bursts and didn't always show through.

DeeckTator
02.06.2012 , 07:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by undeadsithdread View Post
Sidious is most powerful sith and luke:

“Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.”(The New Essential Chronology, page 84 )
I find that a bit unfair actually, they fought on Sidious' homefield sort of speak, it was crawling with Palpatine's loyal soldiers around.
Had they been fighting in a Rebel controlled base I think Yoda would have re-engagded after he fell off the "platform". And Sidious would probably been trying to get out of there. Yoda only had so much time until Palpatine's minions would get there and interfere.
I'm not claiming Yoda was stronger or would have beeten him on his "homecourt", but it was a draw and Yoda had to leave before Palpatines soldiers arrived, and they did shortly after the fight, he probably sensed it.

Also Luke was a wimp who got a crashcourse from Yoda, Since Lucas haven't written any of the EU stuff EU doesn't count

Like Lucas said in the 60 minutes interview when they asked if he would make episode 7-9. "There is no episode 7, and never will be". Can't remember word for word, but he made it quite clear that it had never ever been intended to be more that 6 episodes, it was 6 episodes from the beginning, he just had to do 4-6 first for technological reasons.

So Star Wars is episodes 1-6, all else is just "unofficial" or "Hey, this could make me more money, so sure I'll approve a licence".

DeeckTator
02.06.2012 , 07:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Chuckskyline View Post
Highly doubt it.
Not to mention Luke survived the emperor's force lighting for quite a long time.. considering mace flew out the window in like 3 seconds.
Palpatine was just playing with him, like a cat do with a mouse. He could have fried Luke quickly if he wanted to. But you could see in his face how much he enjoyed torturing Luke after Luke refused to join.

LeeTone
02.06.2012 , 08:13 PM | #27
Yoda.

KorbinArmand
02.06.2012 , 08:28 PM | #28
My vote falls between 2, a Fallen Jedi and a Dark Lord of the Sith.

Revan or Plagueis

Revan? - damn what other force user loses his memories only to gain it all back in spades? and more than once...damn

Plagueis - died in his sleep..So? Achilles anyone? Seriously this guy could manipulate the force to make and unmake life...show me anyone that can be a GOD! like Plagueis..exactly

BrandonSM
02.06.2012 , 08:48 PM | #29
I can't believe only 3 people have said Luke....

Luke is canonically the most powerful Force User.

Look at his feats.

1. Luke also destroyed a group of hot-wired battle droids just by waving his hand, subtly displacing their master servos and causing the self-destruction of the group of droids.

2. Luke was able to knock down a crippled AT-AT by pressing against it with the Force; he also absorbed the initial cannon blasts from the AT-AT, before deflecting the rest with his lightsaber.

3. During the time when he was re-creating the Jedi Order and was searching for potential candidates, he walked on lava while still throbbing with the Force after defeating a Fireworm living in the lava just moments before.

4. During the Black Fleet Crisis, Luke used the Force to rebuild Darth Vader's old fortress on Coruscant.[92] In addition, Luke later used the Force to crush the rebuilt fortress of Darth Vader to rubble, shattering the building piece by piece and throwing it into the oceans of Coruscant

5. Luke used the Force to create an illusion over his face in order to disguise his identity.[91] After the Black Fleet Crisis, with new found knowledge from the White Current, Luke removed the Teljkon Vagabond from view using the Force; however he admitted that he did not know how long it would last.[94] After the Black Fleet Crisis, Luke taught the combined White Current/the Force illusion skill to his more experienced students, which would help shield the entire moon Yavin 4 from intruders during the Yuuzhan Vong War.

6. Luke prepared himself for death in such a way that he would become a Force ghost.[95] In the middle of a massive midday meal food fight at the Jedi Praxeum's mess hall, Luke instantly froze every morsel, drop and item, solid and liquid in midair as if trapped in time

7. During the Battle of Dantooine during the Yuuzhan Vong War, Luke tricked a vehicle's dovin basals into colliding its own black hole against itself by using the Force to hold the void against the pull of the dovin basals; then reversing the direction of his own pull, adding it to the pull of the dovin basals, so that the void would collide against the spine of the vehicle

8.Luke reached a state of Oneness.

9. Luke used the Force to generate a lifelike copy of the Jade Shadow to fool the attacking dartships.

10. , Luke used the Force to call all the Jedi across the galaxy to Ossus to make the announcement of him taking on the role as Grand Master of the Jedi Orde

11.Luke was able to resist the combined Force power of the Colony and triumph. When UnuThul attempted to Force Push the Grand Master, Luke rooted himself in the heart of the Force so strongly that it was said that he had become the very essence of the immovable object, and that not even the black hole at the center of the galaxy could move him.[138]

12. During the Battle of Kashyyyk, Luke shut his presence down after being fired upon by Jaina to make it seem like he died. Later while Ben was in the Embrace of Pain, Jacen gave Ben back his ability to sense the Force temporarily and Ben felt the life force of his father and realized Luke was shutting himself down to everyone except Ben, something no other Jedi has been able to do

13. Right before the Battle of Fondor, Luke made Caedus "see" a fleet of ships, causing him to panic in front of his navy. Luke directed it right at Caedus in general, to show him what he could do and also to scare Caedus.[146] Luke revealed to Jaina Solo that he was capable of perceiving Shatterpoints, a very rare Force ability, and taught this ability to Jaina

14. Skywalker learned the "lightning-rod" technique Ayna-seff, which he use to safely travel through the Kathol Rift.

15. Luke was taught the Fold space ability which allowed him to teleport objects

Now tell me, he isn't the most powerful force user ever besides Abeloth.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."

LordQordisz
02.06.2012 , 11:24 PM | #30
Obi-Wan, learned from Qui-Gon ghost and becomes one with the Force.
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken.