Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Greatest Force User of All Time

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Greatest Force User of All Time

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 04:26 PM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Won't be difficult, just tell them where their friends, find out who their leader is and have them killed. Won't even matter if they find out our plans, they'll just think we wont go along with it. Silly Revanites
Their so content their mighty leader will protect them. Hah! We'll show them!
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi
10.19.2012 , 04:41 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Heart of the Force. It was a metaphor said by a pathological liar.
Apparently fans have a hard time understanding what a metaphor is.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere
10.19.2012 , 05:18 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
So it would seem. A lot of that seems to be going around on these forums.
Added Chapter 44 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Tomb-Stone
10.19.2012 , 07:20 PM | #164
Exar Khun and Darth Plagueis
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

Captain_Zone
10.19.2012 , 11:51 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Heart of the Force. It was a metaphor said by a pathological liar.
Well, the original quote that they had to change when they realized their continuity issue was "Revan was.... power. It was like staring into a pale reflection of Kyle Katarn."
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Beniboybling
10.20.2012 , 06:35 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
A metaphor is a figure of speech, used when resembling something to something else. If I said you had the face of a pig, I'd be saying your ugly. If I said you were the heart of the force, I'd be saying your extremely powerful in the force. Hence why Kreia said it, yes its not a super solid argument, and I'm not saying Revan is the most powerful Jedi ever, far from it. But it is a legitimate point and you shouldn't bash people for it. Nobody thinks Revan was literally a beating heart that squelched about killing people...

MasterMe
10.20.2012 , 06:42 AM | #167
A metaphor is a figure of speech, used when resembling something to something else. If I said you had the face of a pig, I'd be saying your ugly. If I said you were the heart of the force, I'd be saying your extremely powerful in the force. Hence why Kreia said it, yes its not a super solid argument, and I'm not saying Revan is the most powerful Jedi ever, far from it. But it is a legitimate point and you shouldn't bash people for it. Nobody thinks Revan was literally a beating heart that squelched about killing people...
Good point.

Castiel
10.21.2012 , 05:54 AM | #168
I really wanna say Marka Ragnos, that dude scares me

Wolfninjajedi
10.21.2012 , 07:24 AM | #169
When did I bash anyone for it? Yes Revan was powerful in the force, but some actually take that metaphor literally and says that he is a god who can do all sorts of things is what bothers me. I know what a metaphor is, and can agree Revan was strong in the force....but people need to stop reciting that quote as if it gives Revan some god like power.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

BrandonSM
10.21.2012 , 08:14 AM | #170
She was lies. She's been proven wrong so what she says shouldn't be taken as a good point because in fact its nowhere near canon. Character Statements aren't canon, if they were, Kyp Durron would be stronger than Luke Skywalker but he is definitely not.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."