Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi forms of punishment?

Jablestein
12.15.2011 , 10:19 AM | #1
I'm just curious what forms of punishment the Jedi order would exercise against members of the order that break the Jedi Code? How strict are they about the Code itself? Many of the rules seem extremely rigid (especially regarding things such as emotions and relationships) and I'm wondering how people who break these codes are actually dealt with.

ScheurK
12.15.2011 , 10:50 AM | #2
Well if you would betray the Jedi, they could take away your Force-sensitivity, though there are examples of force-users regaining it after the punishment...

Kibaken
12.15.2011 , 10:55 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ScheurK View Post
Well if you would betray the Jedi, they could take away your Force-sensitivity, though there are examples of force-users regaining it after the punishment...
That isn't what happened to the Exile, if that's who you're referring too. They kind of retconned what happened.

Spoiler

As for actual punishments, I think most of them are just slaps on the wrist and embarrassment in front of the Council, however they could always kick you out.

Zantul
12.15.2011 , 10:57 AM | #4
Being a Jedi is being a slave to the code that doesn't allow you to love or desire anything.

How much more punishment could you ask for?

Being a Jedi is living torture.
It is better to be feared than loved. Love is like a chain of obligation, and because man is sadly wicked it is broken at every opportunity to serve self interest. However fear is maintained by the dread of punishment which never abandons you.
Darth Venger Prophecy of the 5

Kelebdraug
12.15.2011 , 11:50 AM | #5
I played only a bit during an Open Beta Weekend and I wonder if there's a way to switch sides e.g. surrender to the Dark Side as a Jedi, betray Republic and join the Empire or vice versa. I remember EQII had such an option.

flightwarrior
12.15.2011 , 11:53 AM | #6
The jedi council is deciding if Waterboarding will be legal or not as we speak.

Kelebdraug
12.15.2011 , 11:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by flightwarrior View Post
The jedi council is deciding if Waterboarding will be legal or not as we speak.
Thank You! You made my day! I don't have to get into EGA today anymore

Jablestein
12.15.2011 , 04:28 PM | #8
So it's possible for them to simply take away your force sensitivity? If that's the case then why not just take it away from dark side users such as the sith? I'm a little confused about this process.

What happens to Jedi that simply leave the order because of disagreements or broken codes? Do the Jedi make any attempt to stop them or keep them from becoming sith, or do they simply let them go along their merry way without and care or concern? I mean, what would have been the Jedi Order's reaction had they found out Anakin and Padme we're married and having kids against the code if Anakin wouldn't have flipped out on his own? Would they have intervened? Would they have taken the kids away?

Arodin
12.15.2011 , 04:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jablestein View Post
I mean, what would have been the Jedi Order's reaction had they found out Anakin and Padme we're married and having kids against the code if Anakin wouldn't have flipped out on his own? Would they have intervened? Would they have taken the kids away?
I wondered this too. From the movies, it sounded like the only thing that would happen is Anakin would be tossed out of the Jedi Order, and for some reason the scandal would ruin Padme's political career too. And that was one of the problems I had with the prequels, cause all I could think was "if it was me, I'd say to heck with the Jedi and Senate, I'd just go live at that awesome mansion on Naboo and make babies with Natalie Portman."

smartalectwo
12.15.2011 , 06:09 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jablestein View Post
Would they have intervened? Would they have taken the kids away?
Considering the kids were strong in the Force, then yeah. That's what they do.
There is no try.