Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mobile Security Key App

Skiddles
12.15.2011 , 08:37 AM | #1
I saw this was released today and downloaded it on my iPod touch, but the directions on setting it up are very minimal and the FAQ doesn't help much either. Could someone give a better explanation on how to set this thing up.

Also, will we be able to use the mobile app alongside a physical key, because I know most people won't want to carry the keyfob around with them everywhere.
◄[|||||||█[☼]█[███████████████████████████████████) | SQUADRON 367

Wotch
12.15.2011 , 08:39 AM | #2
I am having the same issue. It says enter the serial number on the website and the mobile app is asking for the same thing...

RhadamanthNemes
12.15.2011 , 08:40 AM | #3
bump, same question here ... my understanding is you don't need to purchase the physical key (fob) if you just want to use the mobile app. But I downloaded the mobile app and the first thing it asks for is a 7-digit serial number ... where do I find that?

Lo-ki
12.15.2011 , 08:42 AM | #4
I don't mean to hi-jack this thread but my question fits appropriately in here, Will the mobile security app be available for android as well, or is it going to be strictly ipod?
I'm In Control, Got Your Minds Blown, High In My Throne, Can't Nobody Hold Me Down

The Prophets of the Sith Empire

DJHaterade
12.15.2011 , 08:46 AM | #5
1, Stop hijacking iOS Authenticator help threads with questions about android or blackberry, create your own threads about it.

2. iOS Mobile Authenticator, and the website are BROKEN.

there is no way to fix it until they have their web team fix the website, and quite possibly their iOS developers fix the app to actually give a serial key instead of ask for one.
Conundrum Founding Member 3/11/11
I survived the Orange Pixel of Doom. 11/11/11
Game Tester: 6/9/11 ~ 12/4/11
Beta Squadron 14-610: "All the way to Alderaan!" 12/23/10

Skiddles
12.15.2011 , 08:46 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lo-ki View Post
I don't mean to hi-jack this thread but my question fits appropriately in here, Will the mobile security app be available for android as well, or is it going to be strictly ipod?
The website says they'll be releasing an Android and Blackberry up in the near future.

Skiddles
12.15.2011 , 09:03 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DJHaterade View Post
1, Stop hijacking iOS Authenticator help threads with questions about android or blackberry, create your own threads about it.
I didn't make this thread specifically for iOS...this was a general question regarding the app. No need to be snippy with the guy.

Avaya
12.15.2011 , 09:12 AM | #8
Directions for I-phone set up

!: down load the app on to your phone

2: Run the app you will see a screen asking for the 7 digit serial number

3: Go to the SWTOR web page log in to your account. Under "My account" on the right hand side is "Security key" With a lock next to it

Click set up security key (i already did this so i do not know the exact wording)
EDITED - It will have a place on the web page for people to enter there KEY FOB serial numbers.. DO NOT ENTER ANYTHING HERE if you are setting up your I-phone app

You will see 2 sets of numbers and a number entry box.

The first set of 7 numbers looks like this - 9003428
and a 20 digit number below it

4: enter that 7 digit number in to your Phone

5: your phone will now ask for the next set of number .. The 20 digit number will be entered next.

Once you enter that 20 digit number it you will be set ..
It also gives you a second entry box a verification box just under were you entered the 20 digit number on the I phone app. LEAVE IT BLANK Unless you received an e-mail giving you a verification number form the i-phone store.. It is unlikly anyone will get this (USED IN THE BANKING VERSION OF THIS APP)

6: now your i-phone will display a Auth number a 7 digit number, enter that number in to the web page and click summit.

7: the next screen you will get will ask you if you want the auth to work with THIS browser. I clicked yes, sence i want my forum and account info protected as well.. NOTE if you have a master password program that makes random passwords for you on sites.. you may want to hold off.

NOTES

My i-phone witch i stopped using like a year ago clock was not correct.. You have to have your clock and date correct for the Auth to work.

When i got it to work it said there was an error Not much of a yea you got it so i tested it and it was working fine on the launcher and web page.

NOTE: i am dyslexic .. spelling is not included.
"My life for yours"

emidas
12.15.2011 , 09:14 AM | #9
There is no longer a "set up mobile" option. I'm guessing they're fixing that now.

FakePlasticTree
12.15.2011 , 09:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Avaya View Post
Directions for I-phone set up

!: down load the app on to your phone

2: Run the app you will see a screen asking for the 7 digit serial number

3: Go to the SWTOR web page log in to your account. Under "My account" on the right hand side is "Security key" With a lock next to it
That's as far as I can get. It only gives me the option to set up a physical key.