Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The voice we all love (Tom Spackman)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Bounty Hunter
The voice we all love (Tom Spackman)

Mongorr
02.02.2012 , 01:28 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodenco View Post
Actually the guy Pablo is imitating is Don LaFontaine. Funny bit tho, one of my favorites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_LaFontaine

Also, here's a link to the video you were referring, definitely worth a view (or 3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixToQbFc53A
Thanks for the correction. Now I understand why he referred to him as "Don".
Daktar - Powertech & Malfarax - Marauder - Jar'Kai Sword

Kalhenwrath
01.05.2013 , 05:33 PM | #12
Tom Spackman is indeed a credit to voice actors and does add a depth to the male Bounty Hunter that makes mine one of my favorite characters in the game. That being said, I would also say that Mark Bazeley does an excellent job as the male Sith Warrior, as does his Republic counterpart, David Hayter for the Jedi Knight; although I personally wish he would've done something closer to the Solid Snake voice, but that's just the nerd in me.

bahdasz
01.06.2013 , 06:11 PM | #13
While he did do better than pretty much any of the other male actors in this game, Grey DeLisle still did much better.

kifa
01.07.2013 , 06:03 PM | #14
I don't love his voice at all. In fact I utterly loathe it. I think he tries way too hard and comes off unnatural and ridiculous. Using a pinecone as toilet paper is more pleasant than having to listen to that awful, annoying voice. Spackman's voice was the sole reason I decided to forego a mako romance and make a female Bounty hunter instead. And I'm glad I did.

To me, Grey DeLisle simply makes a far superior bounty hunter voice. Well done, madam ^^
"And so across the vastness of space, two masters of power touch minds. One, the very essence of Jedi, the other dark beyond darkness."

redsovereign
01.08.2013 , 04:05 PM | #15
Personally... I find it terrible. One of the worst VA's in the game and therefor I rolled my BH as a body type 3 female that's bald, and gave huge scars and tattoos.

What don't I like about Spackmans work??

- The fact that it's dull and it's dull in a way where nothing the male BH says have any impact, emotion or damn... anything behind it. It's just plain boring, the reading is slow. If you try to intimidate ppl that doesn't work because there is no clear pattern shifting in the tone of the voice. It's boring, bad and bland and meaningless.
He does not sounds ****** what he does however is sound incredible stupid and listening to the lines make me fall asleep because they are slow and uninspiring.

The female VA did a awesome job however. Kudos Grey!

Spoiler

Ofc this is all just MY opinion but you asked so I answered about how I felt about it and for me the male VA is just terrible which is a huge shame because I have a look for a male BH that I really like but the voice...

- When being a "bad-a-ss" you still have to have a natural flow of tone "valleys" in your voiuce (think Vin Diesel) but Spackman is just... bad. He sounds tired. You know like he is BARELY able to stay awake.
"Mandalorians Don't make threats. We make promises."

Kintaroshi
01.11.2013 , 12:00 AM | #16
Yeah his voice is amazing for a bounty hunter. I honestly couldn't ask for anything better.
Kintaroshi - Powertech
-S- Silent Strike multi-MMO gaming guild since 04' -S-
=Shadowfire's Feared Pikeman Bounty Hunter=
SOE stole my DoTs and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Apollone
01.11.2013 , 06:53 AM | #17
I found Mark Bazeley's voice acting to be vastly superior to male BH's.

bahdasz
01.12.2013 , 02:53 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Apollone View Post
I found Mark Bazeley's voice acting to be vastly superior to male BH's.
"I
think
a little
elaboration
is
in
order
der-d'hur"

That guy SUCKS, and I hated the entire SW grind just because I had to suffer through his supposed acting every time I went through a conversation.