Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best thing about being a girl gamer!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help > Introductions
Best thing about being a girl gamer!

Sathla
02.01.2012 , 04:46 PM | #1
Hello everyone! I'm Kate and I'm my works token gamer.. Not even the guys really game..

Now some say girl gamers are sissys, not good, or have horrible taste in games.. This is not true what so ever!

Also being to blind side guys is hilarious. Here's two events that have happen recently at my work.

I was covering my friends break when a guy walks up with an N7 hat on.. I quickly ask him if he's excited for ME3. He stood there for a few seconds and blinked.

"You know what my hat is?!?" I stood there and grin.

Without answering his startled question I asked him if he was excited for multiplayer co-op, and his face started to turn even more red.

"So what side did you play paragon or renegade." I answered Paragon first and told him I couldn't get into the genocidal renegade that Shepard was in ME1.

Today at work there was another young man in a skyrim shirt.

"Hello young Dovakin how may I help you today?"

He started to ask his question but then stopped and went "Did you just call me Dovakin?"
I want more body, I want more soul. Make the switch to automatic, I want Control.

Sathla - 50 - Corruption Sorcerer -Retired
Zorriya - 50 - Pyro Powertech - Revenge

AlexanderCarrick
02.08.2012 , 12:37 PM | #2
Hah funny But it isn't really surprising is it? I know that girl gamers are becoming more common, but it is still unusual for most people. MMO players especially.

Charell
02.08.2012 , 06:46 PM | #3
i'm a boy and don't get why they got all freaked out over you. who cares if yours a girl that games!
Jedi Covenent: The Sohn Legacy
Charell SW, Dareo BH , Elleona SI Raliceh JC, Ellensohn RT, Le'pold SM
The Fatman: Coolestjediever JK Ebon Hawk: IA

Disodium
02.08.2012 , 08:42 PM | #4
Not a girl, but from the ones I play games with generally the best thing they proclaim is 'freebies'.

It is funny, some of them get showered in credits/items.
▓█ [SITH LEGION] █▓
Server: Dalborra
Guild Desc: Australian 18+ Casual/Relaxed guild.

hwnstylez
02.10.2012 , 07:19 AM | #5
Welcome, lots of single guys here so be safe!
You can complain because roses have thorns or rejoice because thorns have roses.

Xerain
02.10.2012 , 07:32 AM | #6
r u hawt gurl?

Kemiho
02.10.2012 , 07:42 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
r u hawt gurl?
Pic or didn't happen...
Darth Kemiho (Marauder), Darh Keorai (Assassin),
Darth Todorr (Juggernaut), Idian (Mercenary),

kitaraskylark
02.10.2012 , 07:45 AM | #8
Haha too funny. I'm a girl gamer also and most women I have met all look at me strangly when I tell them I play video games.. So funny and sad all at once.

You go girl!
(Nyaraa - lvl 50 Jedi Sentinal - Formally GMZ, now TSL)(Aleeti - lvl 50 Imperial Operative - Formally ES, now TJC)(Myress - lvl 50 Vanguard - Formally GMZ, now TSL)(Sa'sha - lvl 50 Sage - Formally GMZ, now TSL)
Squad 11-11-11

Jedi_Barbie
02.10.2012 , 07:50 AM | #9
Yeah, I get the weird looks too. SWTOR is my first MMO, but I started playing on my husband's account and loved it.

Lammio
02.10.2012 , 07:55 AM | #10
i love to see more female gamers in MMO's. they are more friendly in groups and more helpfull with everything.

not that male players arent good or something, just prefer female.

Keep continuuing outsmarting man and start a toon on Hydian Way, the best server there is.
Soon back! Hope to see all my friends ingame.