Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ord Mantell - Codex Entries

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Ord Mantell - Codex Entries

dakoth
12.24.2011 , 08:55 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Nellius View Post
Hey all,

As a Jedi Consular I have been travelling collecting as many codexes as I can. I currently have 16/23.

The ones I am missing are (from looking on swtor-spy):
Split by Rebellion (seems to be from a Smuggler/Trooper only quest which I can't do)
Ruled by Corruption (ditto)
Underworld Influences (ditto)
Separatist Movement (not sure where this one comes from)
Cathar (also from a quest I can't do)
Kel Dor
Mon Calamari

Any ideas?
I ended up at the same spot myself with my Jedi Consular after doing a quick run-around to find what I could. There are two options;

a) These entries are available on other planets as well, and only show up on Ord Mantell because that's the lowest level possible to get them (but only as Smuggler/Trooper).
b) Bioware screwed up and will remove the entries from Knight/Consular codexes with a patch (eventually).

khaymaneights
12.27.2011 , 12:27 AM | #42
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but, concerning the Underworld Influences lore entry, the only way to get it is to have the droid destroy the spice in place on the daily heroic mission. You don't get it if you take the spice to the original quest giver and have him watch you destroy it, or in any other cases. Keep in mind, having the droid destroy it grants Light points, so, another point in the whole discussion that making moral decisions may have rather dubious consequences (don't really understand why this specific codex entry is being awarded only when you make a Light decision).

Also keep in mind that in Coruscant, the Sullustan species entry should be awarded by interacting with the Sullustan agent, via the Smuggler story line. The agent dies at some point and I have not received any such Species entry, leading me to believe that either I will never receive it (out of bad design by Bioware), or, and this would be ideal, I will receive at a later point. The latter would actually make tons of sense and could possibly explain why we didn't get the Species entries for Kel Dor and Mon Calamari in Ord Mantell.

Tenor
12.31.2011 , 10:45 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by whelm View Post
Has anyone been able to reveal the entire world map for Ord mantell?

Seems impossible to get to the last place beyond that lava pit with the shield generators

(seems you can get to the "lava flow overlook" at the back of the main fort near a rockfall, which will reveal the entire world map)

Then you can climb up the volcano and reach the summit if you like, client starts to flip out a little.
There's a bit of a trick to doing that, but it's possible and not too difficult. At the southeast end of the Fort, near the building where the republic security is torturing the girl, you can jump up on the rocks and "climb" up to that plateau. Then it's a matter of walking around towards the missing area. If I knew how to do a video capture I'd make a video of it.

shawnyp
01.02.2012 , 11:18 AM | #44
Anyone find the last two species yet?

EthanDirtch
01.08.2012 , 05:10 PM | #45
17/24, Jedi Knight exploring Ord Mantell.

I seem to be missing these items:
-Separatist Movement (Organization)
-Split by Rebellion (Lore)
-Ruled by Corruption (Lore)
-Underworld Influences (Lore)
-Cathar (Species)
-Mon Calamari (Species)
-Kel Dor (Species)

Are these just locked from classes that do not start at Ord Mantell, as suggested in this thread and other websites? If so, curious that they let us know we'll forever be incomplete...

birdiebye
01.26.2012 , 08:30 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by RoninTigera View Post
I'm having the same problems. Still need the three species and two creatures. I've even killed some of the animals, still no luck. Also, how are you supposed to meet the two bounty hunters to get the codex as a trooper?

EDIT: went back and checked. specifically what I am missing is:

Bestiary - Gapillian Grazer, Razoronn
Species - Kel Dor, Mon Cal, Rodian
behind the smug. trainer is the rodian

Dhregin
01.27.2012 , 06:43 PM | #47
I found out one of the heroic quests that does not give a codex entry was shared to me as a knight today, but the others could not be. I wonder if it woudl be wise to have a friend roll a smuggler/trooper and group wit hyou from the get go, sharing every single quest they get along the way...
It's ok, I like hugs too.

Matthew 22:39
1 Corinthians 13

Kervala
01.28.2012 , 07:40 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Dhregin View Post
I wonder if it woudl be wise to have a friend roll a smuggler/trooper and group wit hyou from the get go, sharing every single quest they get along the way...
I tried but it doesn't work You can't share any quest from Ord Mantell with a Jedi... Excepted the heroic one.

Tinywitz
01.28.2012 , 11:59 AM | #49
Anyone have a link to a website that gives a breakdown of all the codex entries by prof?
I have a trooper, level 50 and there are some codex that I am unable to find.

Fumanhu
01.31.2012 , 01:24 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Tinywitz View Post
Anyone have a link to a website that gives a breakdown of all the codex entries by prof?
I have a trooper, level 50 and there are some codex that I am unable to find.

http://www.swtor-spy.com/codex/