Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Gifts...where to buy??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Companion Gifts...where to buy??

NanaStanley
02.01.2012 , 11:21 AM | #1
Sorry if this is mentioned anywhere else...I have searched but haven't found anything that says where to get gifts? I received one from a drop or reward once when I first acquired my first companion but haven't gotten anything since. Looked at all the vendors, and unless I missed one I can't seem to find one. What am I missing???
Happy Day you will have.
Allie

Owsley
02.01.2012 , 11:33 AM | #2
There are companion gift vendors at fleet and capital cities. Use you map and mouse over the vendors. You'll find them. In Kass City it's the first vendor you see by the crew skill trainers. For Coruscant, it's in the Senate marketplace. You can also get them from missions.

NanaStanley
02.01.2012 , 11:37 AM | #3
Thank you! I figured there were but I must be missing them.
Happy Day you will have.
Allie

Wheezal
02.01.2012 , 12:06 PM | #4
the vendors at the fleet only offer up to level 2 companion gifts. so you will get diminishing returns on affection pretty quickly.

i dont think there is a vendor that sells higher level gifts, i usually send my crew out on mishes to obtain higher level ones.

paul_preib
02.01.2012 , 12:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by NanaStanley View Post
Sorry if this is mentioned anywhere else...I have searched but haven't found anything that says where to get gifts? I received one from a drop or reward once when I first acquired my first companion but haven't gotten anything since. Looked at all the vendors, and unless I missed one I can't seem to find one. What am I missing???
Fleetside there's a specific companion gift vendor, also most crew mission tradeskills will have a companion gift option as well, and worst comes to worst, there's always the AH.

That said any companion that you intend to purchase a chunk of rep with, it is slow and obnoxious but buy the 200 credit rank 1 gifts en masse while saving those higher tier ones you get from crew skills and the like. Buy enough to hit around 2K rep and then they will be much more responsive to the other gifts, and be much cheaper then getting rep from questing to 2k then having to buy the 'higher end' gifts entirely.

I say this strategy for the shall we call them slower to respond companions such as Ashara for the Inquisitor who is a bugger giftwise through rank 1 then at rank 2 opens up.