Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Story ending *spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Story ending *spoilers*

Reeny
01.30.2012 , 03:08 AM | #1
Finished the story and saved the Jedi master from the First son.

Did anyone actually kill the jedi master?
If so, what happens?

Thanks!

Shiredragon
01.30.2012 , 04:30 AM | #2
I would also be interested in the answer. Eventually I will level my Shadow up. But I have no idea when I will finish. My Sage was Light side all the way.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

Requimo
01.30.2012 , 06:48 AM | #3
I killed him, he died, other than that I don't remember any significant thing happening.

Chryses
01.30.2012 , 07:15 AM | #4
Went dark all way through, but was not willing to kill him at last.

So i tried to save him and then he still died due a stonefall ????

that was quite disappointing tbh!

heathbarr
01.30.2012 , 09:10 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Chryses View Post
Went dark all way through, but was not willing to kill him at last.

So i tried to save him and then he still died due a stonefall ????

that was quite disappointing tbh!
Ya, sadly a stone fell on him before I could cut him down with my lightsaber. It was kinda funny actually since I wasn't expecting it. I played mostly light side but more dark toward the end since light was getting way too boring.

So there is actually a way you can save him if you chose different cut screen options? The way it played out for me made it seem like he was going to die either way.

Finngarh
01.30.2012 , 09:59 AM | #6
Hi here,

I played Dark Side all the way. Almost. Saving my Master and I TRIED to save the First Son. Same, wasn't able. He got smashed by a rock.
4 Hours later I got a message from... HIM ! ? in my mailbox. He's not dead. Saying he's hiding from me and trying to control totally the First Son, while finding all other sons of the Emperor so the Republic can dispose of them.

Disapointed by this ending, this fight and everything from the end of the Consular ending. I went on youtube to see other.
You can actually get to the Jedi Council. The one I was on video was Light Side and did save the First Son.
What I'm interested in to know is: was I not able to go to the Jedi Council because I'm Dark Sided ? Or because I didn't save hte First Son ?

Finngarh, disapointed by the counsular ending and by the republic...
See my full review of the ending here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=247866&page=2

Phydra
01.30.2012 , 10:06 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by heathbarr View Post
Ya, sadly a stone fell on him before I could cut him down with my lightsaber. It was kinda funny actually since I wasn't expecting it. I played mostly light side but more dark toward the end since light was getting way too boring.

So there is actually a way you can save him if you chose different cut screen options? The way it played out for me made it seem like he was going to die either way.
Light V here and yes, you can save him.

Spoiler
Need a solid, casual guild? Consider Forceful on Mind Trick - fun, nice, and social, of course!

Too casual? Ok; find the right guild for you here: Guild Quiz!

Chryses
01.30.2012 , 10:31 AM | #8
I wasnt able to get into the council either.
That seat is reserved to light side it seems.

Obviously my dark alignment prevented me saving Syo at all, regardless of the choice i may have made during the dialog.

I dont give a damn about the council, but a stone......a freaking stone man!
Still regret not havening killed by myself, since his death was inevitable. :P

Alavastre
01.30.2012 , 01:44 PM | #9
I was Light V and saved him. Apparently using his family as a way to help him break through the First Son's control. I also got a seat on the council. Interesting that the dark side people couldn't save him. Just bad choices?
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Kadessa
01.30.2012 , 02:03 PM | #10
I suspect the decision that determines whether or not you have the ability to save him or let him die to the rockfall occurs in the dialogue immediately beforehand, where you either tell him to fight the Son's influence, or tell him that you've resolved to kill him. I told him that I was going to kill him, and ran through all of the options in the finale.

He either dies from a landslide, or from the wounds you inflicted during battle. While it all felt a little anticlimactic, I did get a kick out of the reveal that he was the big bad all along.

And yes, I got the letter from him despite his death. Chalked it up to a bug and gave the enclosed Trophy to Lt. Iresso. Go team.