Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*PLEASE* allow us to Customize Characters after creation!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
*PLEASE* allow us to Customize Characters after creation!!!

Terin
01.28.2012 , 04:18 PM | #1
As someone who suffers from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, I simply can't continue playing this game. I enjoy it well enough, and the level of detail your can put into your Character's face is just astounding.

However, because there are *so* many options, it's nearly impossible to get one that feels "just right". Particularly with the many Complexions and Eyebrows associated with them, there's just too much room for error. While it may affect me more than most, I can promise you that everyone would enjoy customizing their Character, not just me.

*PLEASE*, BioWare, implement this ASAP!!!

Terin
01.28.2012 , 05:00 PM | #2
Surely some of you also would like to be able to customize your characters?

It's not like it's going to upset the balance of the game or anything. Instead, it just ensured Players are *happy* with their Character's appearance.

Baomier
01.28.2012 , 05:05 PM | #3
A "barber shop" of some kind would be nice. The ability to change your hair style or color would be a nice addition.
"Only the dead have seen the end of war."

Terin
01.30.2012 , 12:45 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Baomier View Post
A "barber shop" of some kind would be nice. The ability to change your hair style or color would be a nice addition.
Exactly, although I might even extend its use to Body and Face types -- although make it dramatically more expensive for those particular services.

My thinking is, TOR is a lot longer than most MMO's to attain max-level, which is great when you're experiencing the Story. But it's not something you'd ever want to repeat a second time of the same Class, and when coupled with the slow leveling pace, at least speaking for myself, makes me more likely to just quit playing a character entirely.

Like a million others have pointed out, it's not difficult to make a character that you like. The problem is, it's kind of hard to tell whether you'll still like a character after hours upon hours of staring at them. Even worse, some Body-types just don't as good as you think with certain kinds of armor.

mrcaptainpants
01.31.2012 , 01:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Terin View Post
*PLEASE*, BioWare, implement this ASAP!!!
Heh, I dunno about "ASAP"...I think they have their hands full frying some bigger fish than this at the moment.

That said, I support this really really hard. I'm always getting tired of the way my character looks and wanting to change things. Those who don't care about character customization will probably never understand the desire for this feature, but that's okay. Its harmless.

AlexandusRex
01.31.2012 , 08:48 AM | #6
I have wanted to change some of my characters' appearances after certain levels..adding scars from battle and such, or make them one of the larger body models to give them the look of growing up...I do hope Bioware adds this!

Idali
01.31.2012 , 08:52 AM | #7
Be glad you are not playing STO, there you can customize your character to a MUCH larger degree then here, and also any time after creation. I spend like days fiddling with mine.

rocdogg
01.31.2012 , 09:26 AM | #8
I would like to see this, too, but it can wait. For one thing, it's not that easy to tell at the time of character creation how your toon will look in different lighting situations in the game.

Also, I made two toons that look almost alike. :P

No hurry, but this would be a welcome addition down the line.
Wonder, Bliss, Joy, Bliss, Cheer
Sith Wyrm - Republic - The Basin

mathewfinch
02.03.2012 , 06:17 AM | #9
I am no longer a padawan, I want to grow out a beard and get some new scars.

Berronaxftw
02.03.2012 , 06:23 AM | #10
well this is starwars..im sure they have plastic surgery in that day and age..

Spoiler