Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Answer me this Tracer Missle/Grav Round Spammers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Answer me this Tracer Missle/Grav Round Spammers

il-jumper
01.28.2012 , 04:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by prochuvi View Post
im speaking about pve but if you are speaking about pvp then i can tell you that my first target are sorcerers/sages and when tehy are the 70 % of population u havent problem to find them,they cant dodge you and they have low defense,try target them pop cd and u gonna see 5k.
and btw if u are speakign about pvp u could tell us also that comando get one minute cd stun,one knowback and nothing more where with my sniper i have:
inmune to charges.
45 sec cd stun
15 sec cd root for 2-5 second
aoe mezz instant for 8 second and one minute cd
35 meters rangue where trooper have 30
aoe buuble
shield of 1k-2k on low cd
inmune for 3 second onlow cd
i really dont know why every gunslinger or sniper is crying,they are pretty perfect after the last patch

Again you don'tk now what you talking about.

Sage/Sorcerors got a lightsaber, they can and will deflect white damage.

Strah
01.28.2012 , 04:16 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Trashfactory View Post
Unsure of the meaning of your statement, but I am reading it as you are basically telling snipers to stop complaining about a broken tree and leave it be. After we stop complaining, we should switch to a spec that is easily countered by a simple dispel and is less energy efficient than the Marksman tree.

In doing so, we do not have to deal with as much defensive stats, waste a lot of energy attempting to kill targets, and still do poor damage when our dots get dispelled.

I'd rather see the marksman tree get some viable changes to help alleviate the damage difference we have to deal with. If only marksmans could self-buff to ignore 55% of our target's armor with all of our attacks...
You can complain as much as you want, i don't think it's going to help, you're just going to get flamed.
MM is broken in pvp, every battlemaster sniper, including myself knows that and that's why i'm playing my sentinel until they buff sniper ( making snipe/ambush/FT tech damage and making lethality immune to dispel.)

prochuvi
01.28.2012 , 04:16 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by prodarkwolf View Post
first of all, being lvl 10 and enter on a BG isnt being 50.

second, i have a 50 gunslinger, not a lvl 10, we have 100 energy, or 110.

our spameable skill hits for 1k, crits for less than 2k and cost 20% of our resource
troper one hit for 1500 and crits for 3k, and only cost 1.45 bullet( 2bullet with talent and only one if it do critics, everyone have 40% crits, and u have the BEST gear effect so 55% critic), yes they are balanced.

second the 15 secs coldown one hits for 1500, and critics for 2k-3500 i dont care about troper one, but i have seen videos that they do 7k hit( i suposse that with some cds bla bla, so the skill should crit for at least 4k) yes balanced.

ALL gunslinger dmg is white so, it always do 30-50% less dmg on pve( on pvp it do even less) where trooper one have yellow dmg on most of the skill.
and as someone said our skills can be dodged, parried, bloked etc, where troper one go trought every defense on the game.
im sorry but i have one gunslinger at lvl 14 and all this is garbage.
at lvl 10 on warfronts i am doing 1400 only with criticals with the no cost skill.
1.5 sec skill is doing 1500-2700,2,5 sec skill is doing 2200-4200
and all this with lvl 14,no stim,no cooldown so dont lie plz
and btw the video of trooper doing 7k wasnt gunnery but continue with your lies

prochuvi
01.28.2012 , 04:17 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by il-jumper View Post
Again you don'tk now what you talking about.

Sage/Sorcerors got a lightsaber, they can and will deflect white damage.
u havent idea,they have as 0-4 % parry so yes i dont need mention it

prodarkwolf
01.28.2012 , 04:21 PM | #25
im sorry but i have one gunslinger at lvl 14 and all this is garbage.
at lvl 10 on warfronts i am doing 1400 only with criticals with the no cost skill.
1.5 sec skill is doing 1500-2700,2,5 sec skill is doing 2200-4200
and all this with lvl 14,no stim,no cooldown so dont lie plz
and btw the video of trooper doing 7k wasnt gunnery but continue with your lies
yes, a lvl 50 is liying where a lvl 15 no. ok.
and i see snipers-gunslinger above everyone on every BG because we are so broken.... no wait, i se BH-troopers first on 90% BG ok.

second, i dont see ANY post conplaining about the OVERPOWER that snipers-gunslingers are on forum. but i see A LOT OF THEM conplaining about BH-troopers being too OP while being the easiest class on game. so sure.

i only posted my numbers because some people could wana know the real numbers so i wont post again, happy cry

prochuvi
01.28.2012 , 04:26 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by prodarkwolf View Post
yes, a lvl 50 is liying where a lvl 15 no. ok.
and i see snipers-gunslinger above everyone on every BG because we are so broken.... no wait, i se BH-troopers first on 90% BG ok.

second, i dont see ANY post conplaining about the OVERPOWER that snipers-gunslingers are on forum. but i see A LOT OF THEM conplaining about BH-troopers being too OP while being the easiest class on game. so sure.

i only posted my numbers because some people could wana know the real numbers so i wont post again, happy cry
im sorry mate but if one lvl 14 with power bost on warfront is doing mroe damage than you get better gear.
i never have said nothing about sniper or gunslinger overpower,they are pretty good.
i only have said that trooper gunnery and snipers/gunslingers are mirror class(not real mirror as BH/trooper but mirror because we have the same skills)so people claiming the one button spam of gunnery are liers or could said the same with snipers,or shadows with clairvoyance etc......

Anttonen
01.28.2012 , 04:31 PM | #27
heat seekers with full adrenal etc max is 4500
Not really, i just checked it (demolition round for commando), its crits for 5k+ pretty often and i don't have any pvp gear on my trooper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhO3uO84zHc

I don't really care about pvp, but looks like theres no way, how BW can balance it without hurting our pve damage.

Swaggz
01.28.2012 , 05:37 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by il-jumper View Post
I have yet to see ambush ever do 5k damage, and most of the time it does ZERO.

ZERO, because its physical
What does it being physical have to do with anything? Please, answer me that. Is it because of the DEF rating of other classes? If so, what's your accuracy rating? Do you even stack accuracy? Whats your expertice at? If you go more into detail about it you might not look like you're QQing just for the sake of QQing and maybe...just MAYBE, we can have an informative discussion over this. I know that last part is asking a lot, but hey, I can dream that we're not all 12 year olds here...

As for the people complaining about 5k crits, there's more that goes into it than just OMG he's OP. You have to look at the stat break down of the individual person, not just a class or ability issue. I've been crit for 5k by just about each class out there. Maybe you should be asking these questions instead of screaming "OMG OP OP OP OP!!!!!!"

How much expertice does the person have?
What stats are you stacking? Accuracy? Surge? Power? Crit?
What buffs/stims do they have?
Was there any debuffs on the target?
What relics are they running? Did they activate one prior to casting said ability?

If no one bothers to even look at this before screaming OP and calling for nerfs, all you're going to do is get ALL of us nerfed to all hell. All that will accomplish is killing both PvP and PvE. I'm not saying that everything is fine. Yes, there's probably some abilities that need to have slight tweaks and others slightly buffed, but screaming OP isn't going to help this.

FuzzNasty
01.28.2012 , 08:33 PM | #29
I've been level 50 for about 3 weeks now. Tracer missile is definitely my most used skill, but that's not because it has outrageous damage. The main reason I cast tracer missiles so much is because it's my spec's main enabler.

I need to cast Tracer missile 5 times before I see max benefit (the optimal rotation will not usually consist of 5 TM). It enables HSM, Rail Shot, and Unload, which are actually the big damage dealers IMO.

I do agree that TM is a strong "basic attack" so to speak. However it can't be spammed indefinitely, your heat will build up quickly if you're just spamming it. We also need to take into consideration that in exchange for good damage on TM Mercs do suffer in other areas.

We are one of if not the most immobile class in the game. Because of our reliance on TM as an essential enabler for our real damage, any interrupt of TM is a large setback. Two interrupts in a row will basically cripple a Merc's rotation and put them far behind their opponent. We also have no interrupt of our own in the vein of Distraction.

This means we are much more vulnerable to the DPS rotations of other classes and especially weak against heals. I play an IA as well and it's really easy for me to heal my way through a single BH's rotation.

TL;DR-While I agree BH's cast TM a lot, I don't think it could be nerfed without drastically harming the spec as a whole due to it's critical role as an enabler. I would be fine if they moved the benefit from TM around in some way so that we don't have to cast it a total of 5 times before we see the maximum benefit, but the power level of the class as a whole is perfectly fine and should not be lowered in any way.

Xreasonz
01.28.2012 , 08:34 PM | #30
Clueless OP is clueless

*spams tracer ..... ohhh snap !
Quote: Originally Posted by Caonimah View Post
"Dont blame us, blame the computers that cant run this game with our glorious textures at maximum!"- Bioware 2012